Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2677 2678 [2679] 2680 2681 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446190 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40170 on: November 23, 2011, 07:56:24 am »

As of today, my "No-shave November" has come to an end.  :'( It was either shave, or pull it out by hand.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40171 on: November 23, 2011, 08:18:50 am »

As of today, my "No-shave November" has come to an end.  :'( It was either shave, or pull it out by hand.

You're a disgrace to the Order of the Beard. Turn in your badge, your uniform, and your irresistable sexual magnetism.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40172 on: November 23, 2011, 09:21:26 am »

Just found out my family's furnace has been puffing out carbon monoxide into the house. It would cost 2000 dollars to fix. We don't have 2000 dollars to spend on that.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40173 on: November 23, 2011, 10:14:28 am »

Just found out my family's furnace has been puffing out carbon monoxide into the house. It would cost 2000 dollars to fix. We don't have 2000 dollars to spend on that.
You need to increase your oxygen intake for the furnace and make sure the burners are cleaned. This explains why my father threw out the old one and installed that closed system.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40174 on: November 23, 2011, 10:22:52 am »

You need to increase your oxygen intake for the furnace and make sure the burners are cleaned. This explains why my father threw out the old one and installed that closed system.

I wish I knew how to do any of that. We had a guy over to see why it smelled like carbon monoxide inside the house and he said it was a very expensive part that had broken. Like a filter or something.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40175 on: November 23, 2011, 10:24:46 am »

Smelled like carbon monoxide? The fuck am I reading?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40176 on: November 23, 2011, 10:26:18 am »

That was my reaction when I heard that too. But supposedly, consumer products which use or generate carbon monoxide somehow make it smell like a certain unmistakable thing to warn you that you're leaking carbon monoxide somewhere.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40177 on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:06 am »

I wish I knew how to do any of that. We had a guy over to see why it smelled like carbon monoxide inside the house and he said it was a very expensive part that had broken. Like a filter or something.
Hmm, how old is it?
Surprising there is, found out one faithful Chemistry class.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40178 on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:58 am »

Hmm, how old is it?

Highly old. This house is ancient. It's so old that things like this break on a regular basis.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40179 on: November 23, 2011, 10:31:47 am »

Hmm, how old is it?
Surprising there is, found out one faithful Chemistry class.
Can't be carbon monoxide, it's odorless. It could be the side products of incomplete combustion though, or sulfur compounds resulting from incomplete combustion of the odorizer used in natural gas.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40180 on: November 23, 2011, 10:32:09 am »

Hmm, how old is it?
This house is ancient.
Hmm...see if you can enter into an unspeakable pact with the eldritch horrors that live beneath it. Maybe they can fix the furnace.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40181 on: November 23, 2011, 10:36:42 am »

Honestly I don't know much about carbon monoxide and I don't know anything about furnaces. I've just been told that the odor the house gets about once a year smells like the stuff they put alongside carbon monoxide.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40182 on: November 23, 2011, 10:44:18 am »

From what I know there is no lace agent for carbon monoxide. As for a true smell I can't explain, I just know like co2 o2 and he2

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40183 on: November 23, 2011, 11:36:02 am »

They do that to natural gas, bro, not carbon monoxide.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40184 on: November 23, 2011, 11:45:03 am »

They do that to natural gas, bro, not carbon monoxide.

Sounds legit, but I don't know what to believe. I'll have to research it more.

Either way, there was a carbon monoxide leak when we had someone come look at it due to the smell. Maybe it was both carbon monoxide and natural gas? We're just going to not use the furnace all winter.

EDIT: And now the toaster smells like burning plastic, even though there was no plastic in it and we haven't used it in days. The odors are conspiring against us.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:48:02 am by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 2677 2678 [2679] 2680 2681 ... 8167