Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2673 2674 [2675] 2676 2677 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447546 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40110 on: November 21, 2011, 12:10:44 pm »

I tell client he is either a general or subcontractor on the job he is laboring on in a property improvement. "Naturally," he knows better....

I tried to explain to him that he needs either a:
Recording notice of commencement, if a general contractor
or
Subcontractor or materialman to serve notice of furnishing.

Of course, no one listens to me, not a damn bit. He knows better. Doesn't need some lawyer telling him stuff, and he certainly doesn't need to pay for it.... He's filed a mechanics' lien before, yada yada yada. He does not determine if he is the general or subcontractor and files exactly jack shit.

Lo and be -freaking- hold....

He's not getting paid cause he didnt' file this stuff with the county recorder. Why bother, it's only a law right?

Of course, he's blaming his "stupid lawyer," for everything. This is complete bullshit. He can run around all day long saying I suck and don't know what I'm doing and I can't really do shit about it, because it's confidential. I can't go right up to him in the middle of a public place he's bad mouthing me in and explain exactly what I told him to do and show him the dated memo proving I told him.

Some days, I hate people....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40111 on: November 21, 2011, 12:14:39 pm »

I really shouldn't get into E-arguments.

I seem to have a general style of putting whatever out there to evaluate the options, but I get super defensive over even the stupidest points I try to look at. And then I fancy myself some analytical expert fuck.

I gotta give myself some barriers. I'm terrible at this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40112 on: November 21, 2011, 12:59:45 pm »

To the above. That happened to me sometimes when oblivion's INI had weeeirrd settings in it. Go get rid of it and try again, if that doesn't help change the settings in the launcher or try safe mode.
Tried this. If you mean deleting the Oblivion configuration settings file, then I did that. Still doesn't work. I've been changing settings in the launcher, but I haven't tried safe mode yet. I'll do that later. Thanks for the help!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40113 on: November 21, 2011, 01:01:26 pm »

I seem to have a general style of putting whatever out there to evaluate the options, but I get super defensive over even the stupidest points I try to look at. And then I fancy myself some analytical expert fuck.

I can't say I've ever seen a specific problem.  Remember, you're not just allowed to pick a side.  If you're arguing, you're supposed to get defensive over it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40114 on: November 21, 2011, 01:03:53 pm »

I can't say I've ever seen a specific problem.  Remember, you're not just allowed to pick a side.  If you're arguing, you're supposed to get defensive over it.
This man, he speaks truth.
*Hugs*

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40115 on: November 21, 2011, 01:04:55 pm »

Tried this. If you mean deleting the Oblivion configuration settings file, then I did that. Still doesn't work. I've been changing settings in the launcher, but I haven't tried safe mode yet. I'll do that later. Thanks for the help!

If nothing works from that, go down This list And see if any of these work. It could be anything really. If none of that works then I guess the best bet would be to go post about it on somewhere more oblivion focused since I'm SURE someone in a place like that could help you.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40116 on: November 21, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »

Blargh I should stop reading websites like this it just keeps me from going to sleep.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #40117 on: November 21, 2011, 05:16:55 pm »

Blargh I should stop reading websites like this it just keeps me from going to sleep.
I knew there was a webcomic I mean to read. Thankee, Darvi.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40118 on: November 21, 2011, 05:17:22 pm »

Wait what webcomic? Huh?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40119 on: November 21, 2011, 05:38:26 pm »

It's not a webcomic, it's a youtube series. A pretty damn good one at that.

And if you ever watch it, make sure to have 20 dollars nearby at all times. Don't ask me why, but it may come in handy.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40120 on: November 21, 2011, 05:46:48 pm »

But I have no authority to speak on 90% of anything I would get defensive on. I'm just throwing stuff around to see how it works and assess the options. I sorta need to be able to drop them when I realize they are failing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40121 on: November 21, 2011, 05:49:45 pm »

But I have no authority to speak on 90% of anything I would get defensive on. I'm just throwing stuff around to see how it works and assess the options. I sorta need to be able to drop them when I realize they are failing.
I don't even do that. When forming an opinion about something, I feel like I have to know as much as possible about it in order to not get somehow deluded by a lack of understanding and being seen as an ignorant dumbass.
Now I know that it won't be the case, but I still feel that way and yet am too layz to do something about it. Which results in me not even bothering with an opinion of my own.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40122 on: November 21, 2011, 05:52:47 pm »

So? Being able to see your arguments through is hardly a thing to be sad about.
*Hugs*

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40123 on: November 21, 2011, 06:14:36 pm »

I've noticed a conspicuous absence of Vector.

Still it probably just means she's out being productive.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40124 on: November 21, 2011, 06:23:58 pm »

I've noticed a conspicuous absence of Vector.

Still it probably just means she's out being productive.

I always thought Vector had to occasionally take a break from the harsh rigors of Bay12, in order to relax and spend some time fighting math ninjas to the death.
Pages: 1 ... 2673 2674 [2675] 2676 2677 ... 8167