Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2671 2672 [2673] 2674 2675 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448746 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40080 on: November 20, 2011, 02:16:27 pm »

Because some people like beating a dead horse? (figuratively *and* literally apparently)

That was so horrible and applicable. Triple points, at least. :P We're horrible.... You have no idea how close you were to being sigged....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40081 on: November 20, 2011, 02:27:24 pm »

Conservatives won with absolute majority. Go figures. Turns out the whole Occupy thing ended in nothing.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40082 on: November 20, 2011, 02:45:13 pm »

Conservatives won with absolute majority. Go figures. Turns out the whole Occupy thing ended in nothing.

Elaborate?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #40084 on: November 20, 2011, 04:08:56 pm »

A website I've been part of for....man, over a decade now, is probably going to be forced to close, or at least migrate to a 100% free crap board, and the community will pretty much bite it. It's been in decline for years now, but it's always been a place for us all to hang out. It sucks no one has the money or the drive to manage the $300 a month hosting fees, but I guess that's life.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40085 on: November 20, 2011, 04:09:22 pm »

So I went camping. And it was all cold and wet. Not really cold but the wet made it feel colder.

On the bright side my superiors are all tired and sick and stuff while I'm doing fine. HAHAHA!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40086 on: November 20, 2011, 05:02:59 pm »

Watched Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind again, don't know why I did it really, all I know is that i feel rather crap now and I don't like feeling more crap than I need to :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #40087 on: November 20, 2011, 05:10:25 pm »

It's over? Why not keep going, to win another day?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #40088 on: November 20, 2011, 05:32:56 pm »

According to my uncle's Facebook status we are ruled by 'people who are ferry sick in their head'

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40089 on: November 20, 2011, 05:35:38 pm »

Ferry sick? Is that a nautical variant of car sick?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40090 on: November 20, 2011, 06:36:20 pm »

They just need their sea legs is all.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40091 on: November 20, 2011, 07:05:03 pm »

Man this essay question sucks.  It's half of my final exam.  "How may the United States' actions affect world events?"

On one hand there's a lot to write, on the other hand it's so vague I'm having trouble putting anything together.  So far I have:  The US economy is huge and intertwined with everybody else's economy and if it hurts so does everyone else.  Hollywood and US corporations cause American culture to spread to the rest of the world.  The US can, to some extent, play kingmaker with new technologies.  If the US outlaws or simply rejects a consumer innovation, chances are that innovation won't take off at all.  The US is in a position to give lots of advice and if they aren't respected the advice will be snubbed (See: Germany telling Obama to mind his own business).  Either way, America has a lot of influence on the way other nations behave and how events roll out.

I feel like there should be more though :/
Shoes...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40092 on: November 20, 2011, 07:07:27 pm »

Grandpa has liver cancer, and is almost certainly going to die of it. It's inoperable, and while they are going to be starting chemotherapy, the liver is pretty much the one thing you want functioning during that if you have to choose one thing, which is probably going to limit the size of the possible doses. Between that and the size of the tumor, I'm not real hopeful, but I can't actually say this to anybody in my family because they're already depressed enough about this. He's a good guy, and I'm gonna miss him.

Good thing I have plentiful days off this week, I should be able to drive over and see him a couple times if I can scrape together the gas money. I do wish I could be there for my immediate family right now, though. Bluh bluh, I guess.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40093 on: November 20, 2011, 07:11:23 pm »

Man this essay question sucks.  It's half of my final exam.  "How may the United States' actions affect world events?"

On one hand there's a lot to write, on the other hand it's so vague I'm having trouble putting anything together.  So far I have:  The US economy is huge and intertwined with everybody else's economy and if it hurts so does everyone else.  Hollywood and US corporations cause American culture to spread to the rest of the world.  The US can, to some extent, play kingmaker with new technologies.  If the US outlaws or simply rejects a consumer innovation, chances are that innovation won't take off at all.  The US is in a position to give lots of advice and if they aren't respected the advice will be snubbed (See: Germany telling Obama to mind his own business).  Either way, America has a lot of influence on the way other nations behave and how events roll out.

I feel like there should be more though :/
Mention how certain US polices tend to be adopted in most of the modern, industrialized world. Like the War on Drugs, the vast majority of European, North American, and South American nations have similar laws on drugs because of US pressure.

Write about the US's international electricity and oil consumption, especially how Canada's oil exports to the US keep the two nations close, historical allyship aside. Explain how a disturbingly similar situation is set up with Saudi Arabia right now, and how Saudi Arabian influence affects the world because US business has made the nation rich.

Write about the US's actions on the UN Security Counsel, and how being a member of the Nuclear Club changes things.

There is plenty more for you to mention, yes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40094 on: November 20, 2011, 07:24:49 pm »

Oh that's just a dick move.  What's the context of the course?  Your best bet is trying to mouthpiece the professor.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 2671 2672 [2673] 2674 2675 ... 8167