Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2668 2669 [2670] 2671 2672 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450020 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40035 on: November 19, 2011, 05:18:27 pm »

Found out that my niece's life is sliding ever further downhill thanks to her complete-and-total-fuckup mother. We thought of trying to get custody of her a couple of years ago, but then we found out we were going to have a 2nd child and just couldn't afford it. Now I'm wishing we had, despite the cost. She's a good kid but the kind of life she's being subjected to...her future is going to be over before it starts.  >:(  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #40036 on: November 19, 2011, 06:22:47 pm »

I ment cartoons that are funny btw, like MLP.

Sad for lots of reasons...and boredom.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40037 on: November 19, 2011, 07:56:43 pm »

Well, Regular show and Adventure Time with Finn and Jake are pretty good.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40038 on: November 19, 2011, 08:16:48 pm »

I'm sad because of my nigh-nonexistent social life. Which wouldn't be nearly as bad if I had more time for myself, but I don't have that, either, not if I want to hit a decent residency.

I'm also sad because tomorrow several million of my fellow countrymen will proceed to choose one out of two possible idiots, and give him the power to keep dragging us into utter ruination for the next four years.

Also my knee hurts quite a bit. Has been hurting for the past two days.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:19:29 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #40039 on: November 19, 2011, 08:21:57 pm »

Dropbox has automatically suspended all my public links for the next three days due to seeing over 10GB of traffic in the last 24 hours. I'm using it to host my Minecraft texture pack. It got 6594 downloads in the last 24 hours.

I read the TOS and Acceptable Use Policy before I started using it for this and I saw and still see no mention of public download limits. The only time they mention it on their site is in the help documents under "Why did my public links stop working?". Something you only find by crossing this hidden line. It's not even a real limit, it automatically shut things down in case my account is being used fraudulently.

Makes me sad to think this could take some time. I doubt I'll find another host that's so easy to use for all the things I do with it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40040 on: November 19, 2011, 08:25:41 pm »

Mediafire should work as long as the file is under 200MB.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40041 on: November 19, 2011, 08:31:29 pm »

They're probably afraid you're distributing pirated goods.

And Toonyman is right.  Every time I see a file or image hosted on something that isn't mediafire or imgur I die a little inside.  Using photobucket and rapidshare is like forwarding chain-email pictures of Jesus.  Something old people do.
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40042 on: November 19, 2011, 08:37:58 pm »

Or they worry about bandwidth costs
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #40043 on: November 19, 2011, 08:41:42 pm »

From reading the help page distributing pirated goods sounds a more likely concern than bandwidth costs. It even says to contact them if your account has been inappropriately flagged.

Hopefully Dropbox can flag my account somehow to stop the automated suspension from kicking in future, they might even change their TOS to stop things like this, though.

I got suggested and am now using File Dropper as a stopgap.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40044 on: November 19, 2011, 08:41:43 pm »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:04:13 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40045 on: November 19, 2011, 09:40:43 pm »

A friend of mine is having a bad day apparently, he won't talk to me about it  :'(  I guess this is another one of those times where my gay tendencies are at odds with the straight men around me.  They sort of their problems by being sullen and cranky about it, I talk my head off to blow off steam.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40046 on: November 19, 2011, 09:51:31 pm »

A friend of mine is having a bad day apparently, he won't talk to me about it  :'(  I guess this is another one of those times where my gay tendencies are at odds with the straight men around me.  They sort of their problems by being sullen and cranky about it, I talk my head off to blow off steam.

I'd have to say that sexual preference has no bearing on something like that. There's talkative straights as well as stoic homosexuals. It just comes down to personality.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40047 on: November 19, 2011, 10:10:55 pm »

I'd have to say that sexual preference has no bearing on something like that. There's talkative straights as well as stoic homosexuals. It just comes down to personality.
Yeah, the stereotypical Hollywood gay, while sometimes existing in reality, is not accurate across every single person of an alternate sexuality. It's a parody at best of a subset of a group, and not indicative of the whole at all.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40048 on: November 19, 2011, 11:11:35 pm »

I think I am the Forever Alone meme.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40049 on: November 20, 2011, 12:22:59 am »

I think I am the Forever Alone meme.

My jerk reaction was to reply to this post, saying that I shouldn't reply to it, as then it would be facetiously confirming your statement while making a logic pun, but then realized that that itself invalidates the joke and then I realize...

Oh wait, me too. I know that feel bro.
Pages: 1 ... 2668 2669 [2670] 2671 2672 ... 8167