Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2663 2664 [2665] 2666 2667 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452272 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39960 on: November 18, 2011, 07:49:34 pm »

You ponypeople need to use PMs more if you're going to keep wrecking your own threads with awkward fanfic themes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39961 on: November 18, 2011, 07:52:21 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:37:58 pm by MC Dirty »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39962 on: November 18, 2011, 07:54:32 pm »

1/3 of the reason I visit these forums is gone.

There's still the progressive rage thread and the next version of DF coming out soon.

You ponypeople need to use PMs more if you're going to keep wrecking your own threads with awkward fanfic themes.
What boggles my mind is adult themes are discussable absolutely everywhere else. No one was linking or quoting anything offensive. It was a discussion about tags.

I'm not gonna make a scene about this though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39963 on: November 18, 2011, 08:07:15 pm »

Tags relating to how you should categorize rape in fanfics, going into great detail about the various forms of this and how each should be categorized, never mind that that might affect people who've actually been through trauma like that.
*Hugs*

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39964 on: November 18, 2011, 08:16:49 pm »

Learned at bar association the state isn't paying court appointed counsel what they used to. Translation, I just took a paycut. Yay....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39965 on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:30 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:37:41 pm by MC Dirty »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39966 on: November 18, 2011, 08:33:11 pm »

1/3 of the reason I visit these forums is gone.

Same here. I didn't actually post in the pony thread much, but I did read it.

It's funny, but the pony mod is the only reason that I even play DF right now.  The vanilla version is fun and all, but the ponies make it more fun.

I assume Toady isn't going to lock the pony mod thread or the existing pony fort threads, but if there was a carpet ban of ponies I'd be quite upset indeed.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39967 on: November 18, 2011, 08:33:58 pm »

Yeah he's not gonna do that.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39968 on: November 18, 2011, 08:37:38 pm »

Hopefully. He might carpet bomb the whole of DF's pony threads, whether mod, succession, or discussion (already killed), in an attempt to remove the symbiotic relationship ponies have with DF right now.

I'm hoping if this was a misunderstanding, it'll be fixed.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39969 on: November 18, 2011, 08:38:19 pm »

Why would he do that? He's not dumb.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39970 on: November 18, 2011, 08:41:14 pm »

The only times he's had to do moderator work in regards to the Brony portion of his fandom is in General Discussion. The only places he's going to crack down on are the places where things are becoming problematic. Ergo, the only place that will have its discussion shut down is General Discussion.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39971 on: November 18, 2011, 08:43:02 pm »

Toady said that it was the end of General Discussion and pony threads. I see no reason to lock the other threads as long as they steer clear of anything that explicitly violates the TOS of these forums. Sexual content is already banned, rape fanfic discussion is quite beyond the boundaries. That was also like the 2nd or 3rd pony thread to be locked for repeated rulebreaking.

Anyhow, I like that the pony discussion was limited to those threads because it kept it where I didn't need to see it. It's too bad that those involved can't keep the discussion within safe levels.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39972 on: November 18, 2011, 08:49:11 pm »

Remember my avatar with the cat saying "This is why we can't have nice things!" I do.

Toady was unfortunately right here, unless we have a better option. Categorizing fan fics gives rise to the possibility of having fan fics like that. [shiver] Not really cool. We're not going into the literary whatever of it man. Just. No. They have plenty of other forums for that. Please dear God, don't mix the cute little cartoon with adult things. This was the third time as I recall [shivers].
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:51:27 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39973 on: November 18, 2011, 08:54:25 pm »

Please dear God, don't mix the cute little cartoon with adult things.
Just FYI, a very, very large chunk of fan made content is giving the show's characters/world a darker view. Hell, the biggest fanfiction currently out there mixes it with Fallout (post apocalyptic, zombies, guns, etc).

The biggest fandom overlap I know of is with Team Fortress 2. You'll be hard pressed to find a server without someone using pony sprays.

IMO people just need to be more mature. I get tired of people saying "stop enjoying that because I don't like it!" If you don't like that sort of stuff, it's quite avoidable. No one's linking to any of it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39974 on: November 18, 2011, 08:56:00 pm »

Yeah, just making a framework of tags to encourage people to link to it.
Pages: 1 ... 2663 2664 [2665] 2666 2667 ... 8167