Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2657 2658 [2659] 2660 2661 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455335 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39870 on: November 16, 2011, 09:34:54 pm »

More people now disapprove of Congress than would disapprove of the United States of America becoming the United Communist Blocs of America. That's....that's something else, right there. We really should have the power to pass a No Confidence referendum on Congress.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39871 on: November 16, 2011, 09:36:55 pm »

We really should have the power to pass a No Confidence referendum on Congress.

Let's get congress working on instituting that :)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39872 on: November 16, 2011, 09:39:02 pm »

We really should have the power to pass a No Confidence referendum on Congress.

Let's get congress working on instituting that :)
There is another way to amend the Constitution. It just involves getting the State Congresses so pissed off at the Federal Congress that almost all of them decide to implement such a thing. Otherwise, the only chance we have is electing non-corrupt people into Congress, who would limit their own power because it is the right thing to do.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:45:39 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39873 on: November 16, 2011, 09:42:39 pm »

Haaa!  Of course, us peeps in the US wouldn't want to switch to a communist state because that would thoroughly ruin our economy and fill our government with corrupt officials.

Wait...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #39874 on: November 16, 2011, 09:44:01 pm »

Haaa!  Of course, us peeps in the US wouldn't want to switch to a communist state because that would thoroughly ruin our economy and fill our government with corrupt officials.

Wait...
You know, communism is sounding more and more like a better alternative...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39875 on: November 16, 2011, 11:06:14 pm »

I have an unnatural hatred of lab reports. I had to do one (for Physics) tonight. I finished the typing, and then started on the diagrams. But I noticed some oddities in the labels I was putting on. Looking back over the report and my lab notes, I realized in the typing I mistook my written 'h' for 'N'. Had to redo a large part of the lab report. :(
I hate lab reports so much, and I don't even know why. I got a C on the last one in this class, and I wouldn't like that to happen again. I need to be sleeping now, anyway.

I also had bouts of severe dizziness and an overall lack of concentration* all day. It has not been fun.

* To the point that I read less than two chapters of Moby-Dick in 45 minutes. The chapters were boring, granted - one solely about the color white - but that's no excuse for such a dramatic drop.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #39876 on: November 16, 2011, 11:12:55 pm »

I hated physics practice at university. The experiments were largely pointless and tedious.

I heard it has become worse since then. As have most things, actually. The last few education reforms are surrealistically sucky.

The last one was the worst. They lightened the theory load (of pretty much all subjects) to make room for even more largely pointless practices.

It saddens me. This will result in new professionals having a weaker background. While stricly speaking this might benefit me in the sense that those of us who studied under the old plan have a deeper knowledge base, I don't think eroding the scientific formation of newcomers is good for anyone. It debases professional respect, I think
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:17:29 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39877 on: November 16, 2011, 11:24:13 pm »

I'm in AP Physics, in American high school right now. Our teacher seems good about teaching why everything works, rather than just showing us that it does. In our last test, he removed all numbers from over half of the problems, because he was tired of people just plugging data in and not solving algebraically. (Which is, I guess, the best method to learn.)

In short, I'm not learning much currently, but the teaching seems quality.
Education over these years has gone downhill a lot, though. It's rather sad. I'm not looking forward to college much, after researching that decline.

I've finished my lab report in total. I can't focus enough on the text to check for issues from the mix-up, but those should be fixed. I hope. I'm honestly dreading this class, because I have to turn in this report. This is an unhealthy fear, and a quite odd one. Oh well. Over the hump and onto another week, I suppose. Such is school life.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39878 on: November 17, 2011, 01:10:42 am »

The US trying to force that bill of internet censorship made me sad. We don't want Chinese censorship restrictions, especially if it's on a free country. It's also one of the reasons Wikileaks was made in the first place: Censorship and restrictions on the stuff we needed to know but made utterly inaccessible by the government.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39879 on: November 17, 2011, 08:01:46 am »

Blegh, school's being absolute crap today, probably because I hardly slept last night because of nightmares.
Wanna go home T,..,T
*Hugs*

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39880 on: November 17, 2011, 08:15:12 am »

Talking with my cuz' on Facebook about tattoos and how some that are art are acceptable and others that are little more than tags aren't. She's heavily tattooed, i'm not. I'm slightly classist too, having to travel to Frankston every day makes me sort of judgemental.

Someone promptly leapt on my comment about 'thug life/ned kelly 4 lyfe/southern cross/barbed wire' tats and decided I was being a judgemental fool. I merely meant in my argument those who mindlessly adhere to a slave mentality, not those who choose a tattoo for its artistic merits. My argument's lost on this person...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #39881 on: November 17, 2011, 08:26:11 am »

I just heard tomorrow will be 'Mathematics Days' at school. Which will consist of SEVEN HOURS NONSTOP MATH! And my mom threw away the sandwich toaster so I can't take that to school :(

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39882 on: November 17, 2011, 11:56:00 am »

I'm in AP Physics, in American high school right now. Our teacher seems good about teaching why everything works, rather than just showing us that it does. In our last test, he removed all numbers from over half of the problems, because he was tired of people just plugging data in and not solving algebraically. (Which is, I guess, the best method to learn.)

In short, I'm not learning much currently, but the teaching seems quality.
Education over these years has gone downhill a lot, though. It's rather sad. I'm not looking forward to college much, after researching that decline.

I've finished my lab report in total. I can't focus enough on the text to check for issues from the mix-up, but those should be fixed. I hope. I'm honestly dreading this class, because I have to turn in this report. This is an unhealthy fear, and a quite odd one. Oh well. Over the hump and onto another week, I suppose. Such is school life.

I find a good test of my students is to set open ended problems. Establishing how to solve a problem by choosing or developing a method is far more valuable than mechanically appliying one through wrote learning. Although this fell flat on its arse today when apparently evaluating the orbital dynamics of the Centauri system (binary pair with companion, single shared centre of mass) was a little hard - a small group of students took pictures of the workings I established on the board as some kind of way of recording and tracking complexity and difficulty.
This is a blank sig.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39883 on: November 17, 2011, 11:59:44 am »

The US trying to force that bill of internet censorship made me sad. We don't want Chinese censorship restrictions, especially if it's on a free country.

Ha ha ha.

Censorship always was around :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39884 on: November 17, 2011, 12:40:56 pm »

Sure it's always been around, but almost seems like a joke sometimes, particularly with books that contain racial slurs and were published a hundred or more years ago.  Just don't read it if you can't see past the hate, guys >_>  I'd say the Anarchist's Cookbook is a good example of censorship, but other than that... IP banning pirating websites?  That's a bit much I think.
Pages: 1 ... 2657 2658 [2659] 2660 2661 ... 8167