Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2654 2655 [2656] 2657 2658 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456406 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39825 on: November 14, 2011, 08:31:33 pm »

Bluh bluh work. I hate making deliveries to the psych ward. The patients are friendly enough, it's just so many locked doors I have to open while carrying boxes of medication I'm not allowed to set down anywhere. So very irritating, and also inconsequential really.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39826 on: November 14, 2011, 08:44:44 pm »

hate my 2D design class hate my 2D design class hate my 2D design class hate my 2D design class hate my 2D design class hate my 2D design class

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39827 on: November 14, 2011, 08:52:18 pm »

2D design my class hate.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39828 on: November 14, 2011, 09:20:37 pm »

Off to learn stuff I already know. Dammit guys the class I took last year was what this class is preparing for.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39829 on: November 14, 2011, 11:10:06 pm »

I just feel like crap right now, and I  seriously have so much stuff I just want to get off my chest.

I just can't shake that I've wasted such huge amounts of my life. That I should have SOMETHING to make up for it by now, but it's days like this that cement that me, and everything about me is petty and insignificant. When I die, I might be briefly mourned by my loved ones, and then swiftly forgotten as time marches on. What really hurts though is that I'll die feeling like I've always felt like an outsider to all of human society. My entire life, I've been the odd person out.

I remember as far back as elementary school, when I never had any close friends. Then switch schools to one in a mostly black community, and I was ostracized, alienated, and occasionally beaten up, but I didn't get it as bad as some people. I was too young to see color or prejudice back then, so I couldn't wrap my head around the gang culture "hate whitey" sentiment, and I probably got out alive by being the nice and quiet kid who keeps to himself. Well, I supposed I did understand it enough to understand that going outside = BAD with the tightly knit circles of my black peers, who already didn't like me, and the much older, actual gang material roving around and committing random acts of terrible, violent crimes... It's around this point that I develop my hermetic habits and just spend all non-school time holed up in my house.

Then I when I finally switch out of there, it's to country/farming culture, and I'm very definitely not fitting in there. My complete lack of social skills at this point snowballs into emotional clusterfuck after breakdown after explosion. It's around this point I'm labeled as emotionally disturbed, and from their on to the end of highschool, I'm excluded and left alone. I can't even imagine how I managed to graduate, as there was probably only one or two teachers that actually cared.

And all this time, please understand that there is very literally no such thing as counseling. Well, there IS, but so extremely inept that one of them threw me into a blind berserk fury when I told her the future I wanted to build for myself, something really simple, and she just shoots down everything I want to do, and basically just says "Sorry, life fucking sucks, the world sucks, you suck, get used to it." and then I spend a few days in a facility for disturbed young people, I forget the exact name, where the staff do a damn good job at talking down to you and trying to feed you pills.

All the while, my Mom doesn't give two shits about me. She's occasionally overcome with maternal feelings and wants to let me know that she loves me, but 99% of the time, she's not there for me and whenever I try to tell her my problems it's a swift "Shut up and man up bitch". Then she'd go off to get drunk and start violent, life-threatening fights with her current boyfriend or whomever really. I can't even testify how many times I've seen Mom start fist fights over nothing, pull knives or whatever other weapon might have been on hand on eachother. I'd frequently go to sleep with them screaming and scuffling, and sometimes wake up to the exact same thing hours later. Oh, and my Mom would yell at me whenever I'd take a shower, so I probably only cleaned myself once a month; so if being the crazy kid wasn't enough throughout middle and high school, I was also the smelly kid. Goddamnitall I swear.

I don't think I went through any rebellious stage, at the time when normal people feel the natural urge to break out of the home and throw themselves into a relationship and burn their own path... didn't happen for me. My spirit at the time was already completely crushed. I was mortally afraid of being further ostracized by the people who already didn't accept me, and so I remained hermetic and holed up in my home, even though the now nearly all-white community I lived in didn't pose physical danger anymore. That, and my Mom would literally just start hitting me at the most slight sign of disrespect; that was her entire parenting strategy. I just wanted to get through each day with as little pain as possible, and this meant I didn't even speak to Mom anymore either. We lived in the same house, but I made it a habit to only speak to her when absolutely necessary, because the smallest, dumbest thing would send her flying into a violent bitchtornado.

I'm not quite sure how many people here speak to themselves, but I talk to myself basically all the time when I'm alone. Getting through my long, friendless, adolescent years basically required that I create vivid daydreams and fantasies in my head, and then I'd personally act the lines of each and every character. Even noticing this, Mom doesn't give a shit. She later tells me "Oh, he's holding conversations with himself for hours at a time," she would tell herself, "But atleast he's really happy doing it! Look at how happy he is!". Escapism became something of a hobby of mine, I suppose, and I probably wouldn't have survived without it.

It was only because I knew I had the opportunity to go to MCTI (Michigan Career and Technical Institute), that I was able to struggle through the three years of post-highschool depression; to convince myself to withhold on any suicide attempts, it was the only thing that let me believe, even if it seemed small and meaningless "Maybe I have a future, today is terrible, but maybe tomorrow will be better."

I think I made the right choice coming here, because I finally got to taste the freedom I've been missing out on for all these years! Twenty-two fucking years of life, and I think I finally get to experience what having friends feel like. I thought it would be all over when I graduated, but I was recognized and hired as a paid temporary intern at the school's Health Services Dept.! I got the great privilege of not feeling like a fucking waste of human life anymore at this temporary job; I mean, seriously, look at that shit: an earned sense of self-worth, however fucking fragile! I get to feel independent, my life ain't dependent on anyone's obligation or generosity, I'm earning my own way!

And, as stated earlier, it's all ending on Friday! I only got in two months, but despite being well-liked by my coworkers and my performance doing well, apparently the government just doesn't have enough money to hire one more guy at minimum wage, so I need to pack my stuff and head back home, to Saginaw. I'm so sad! I'm so pissed! I don't want to go back to the life that was nothing... NOTHING but a huge drain on me. The entire place will just emotionally starves me until I'm impoverished and pathetic again! Fucking goddamnit! I really can't emphasize how important it is to not let that happen again, I've made too much progress.

I'll need to leave all the great friends I've made here. I'll need to abandon the great reputation I've forged here! and I mean that, it was a whole new start! I wasn't the crazy kid or the smelly kid or the kid so damn depressed that he just spaces out for days at a time anymore! I'm well-liked, well-respected, looked up to here! That's the craziest thing ever! People think I'M THE COOL GUY! That still blows my mind! Everyone knows me! I don't want to leave it all behind, to go back to the same place I that caused all my misery in the first place!

I do think though, that I should try to wrap up the statement made at the beginning of my little diatribe.
What really hurts though is that I'll die feeling like I've always felt like an outsider to all of human society.
and I mean that. I'm still a quiet guy, deathly afraid to speak my mind except to my closest friends who I know are accepting of my weirdness. The vast majority of people though, seem to measure life by yardsticks that I know nothing about, and probably never will, and I have to question if that makes me an outsider to all of human society. A statistical outlier, that can't be used to figure averages, because it just skews the results for the masses of people who aren't as fucked up as I am. That seems like an unusual thing to say, and it probably is, but I have to wonder if I'm just so weird that I can't fit in with normal people. That such a huge portion of my life up to this point has been such a phenomenal waste, that I'll forever be behind the people that should be my peers. So yeah, I guess that statement is just me thinking that I regret becoming as fucked up as I am, because it makes me unable to relate to how others see the world.

I'll just have to live with the fact that I'll never get a childhood, when everyone else can atleast say they took theirs for granted, or that they look back on it fondly, and because of that, I'm a fundamentally different than... pretty much everyone!

It looks like this got a bit longer than I intended it to, but I feel lot better than I did just a little while ago. I'm getting pretty used to typing on the keyboard on my new laptop.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39830 on: November 15, 2011, 12:27:20 am »

Ugh, my head is killing me, I've been dizzy a few times today, and unless my sense of smell deceives me, I have a minor nosebleed. Clearly, I have offended a powerful psychic. But who do I know with the mental fortitude to manifest such...

!

Veeeeeector, what did I dooo?

(But more seriously, I'm pretty sure it's all got to do with a headache I wrongly thought was caffeine withdrawal and thus took too much caffeine to resolve)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39831 on: November 15, 2011, 01:10:19 am »

What did I ever do to you to get this abuse, VB? Why are you so obtuse!?  >:(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #39832 on: November 15, 2011, 03:24:04 am »

Caught the current illness going around. Sore throat being the worst symptom so far. It's not as bad as the glandular fever I had during my A-levels but I've never been as ill before or after. Ten hours of night work is bad enough without this.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39833 on: November 15, 2011, 04:09:11 am »

Welp that's one exam screwed up.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39834 on: November 15, 2011, 07:22:00 am »

Fuckin' great.

Our Attorney decided to back out on our case, because we didn't pay their (law firm) fees. First off, they agreed to our deal of paying them ala installment plan, since we're barely scraping money off our backs. But we weren't able to pay on time, and that attorney being a greedy bastard, decided not to wait for a little bit longer until we can pay. The kicker? They didn't respond to our text messages, asking whether the case was greenlit or halted. They also were disrespectful, having us go around to file the papers to where it needs to be, instead of them doing it themselves. They were practically slacking off on their asses waiting until someone showed the cash before doing anything. They didn't do anything, aside from making an affidavit, and that's just that.

The real kicker? We probably can't get the 15kphp we just spent on the bastards, because of them making the aforementioned affidavit. They told us to grab our papers there and go, since they're not going to handle the case because we weren't able to pay.

I must mention that the case hasn't actually started yet, and there are still no reports from the fiscal whether they'll take the case or call it a false one. And those bastard attorneys, they're also trying to use scare tactics to make us reconsider paying them. They don't believe we don't have the cash, and even then, those bastards barely move without waving a bunch of $doughy$ treats right in-front of their faces.

Also, their rates totally rip people off. 5k per attorney, even if you didn't hire the other attorney.

Seriously, those greedy bastards... I want to exact revenge against them... if only I knew of a way that doesn't involve killing or doing something that's illegal...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #39835 on: November 15, 2011, 07:28:14 am »

Weren't there cheaper attorneys?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39836 on: November 15, 2011, 07:45:03 am »

We didn't have a choice. My mom, at the start of the whold fiasco, was illegally detained in a local police station, so we had to ask others (namely my brother's girlfriend's family) for help and find us an attorney to free our mom from prison. Illegal or not, she was detained, and we needed someone with power to release her there, namely an attorney.

We planned to change attorneys before the deadline arrived, but the attorney we were looking for was going to america for some kind of business meet up, and he would return way past the deadline, or simply put, the time when we couldn't submit our side of the story to the court. We were forced to go through, we practically went bankrupt within a few days of that fiasco.

For a time, mom was jobless, and she's the only source of income we have, so no income. We were struggling until she got another job. It didn't help much, though, since her workplace, for whatever reason, was somewhere about 1 hour's drive from home. She doesn't use any other transport, aside from a taxi, for fear of her belongings being snatched from her by thieves, being held at gun point, etc. Her transport fees from here to there, and back? At least 500php, or a whole day's worth of pay.

We're stuck in a rut, right now... but I think we'll be able to go on. Mom said there are free voluntary attorneys in an organization somewhere.

Doesn't lessen my hatred against those greedy bastards...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #39837 on: November 15, 2011, 08:44:36 am »

Does your country have a public defender option?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39838 on: November 15, 2011, 08:53:15 am »

Well, I guess so, but they probably are inexperienced, and/or are not dedicated to their clients. Not that we have much choice about that anyway...

I just hope everything will be smooth sailing, but I might get Murphy's Law'd if I keep my hopes up.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #39839 on: November 15, 2011, 09:12:57 am »

Yeah, but you can hardly expect leet law firms to take your case pro bono out of the blue.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 2654 2655 [2656] 2657 2658 ... 8167