Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2646 2647 [2648] 2649 2650 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434662 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39705 on: November 10, 2011, 09:09:00 pm »

Vector, not everyone has to be conventional. :P

I'm 19, doing a useless diploma in professional writing, rarely drink as it removes the tenuous grasp I have on my mind (ie. Aspergers Syndrome, but I intellectually analyse social situations than instinctively) and hence I turn into a gibbering fool, still on my learner's permit, and I still read kid's comics.

Vector, you're aaaaaaalllllllright.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39706 on: November 10, 2011, 09:09:23 pm »

Just stumbled upon pictures of my ex in my wallet, that was a nice sucker punch to the gut.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39707 on: November 10, 2011, 11:09:23 pm »

My cat might have kidney stones :(.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39708 on: November 10, 2011, 11:34:38 pm »

Oh my god why has Fishface already sent me two messages telling me he wants to meet again ._.

What does he not understand about "sometimes I post on Facebook and I see your message and I ignore it for a while because come on holy cow I have other fucking things to do than service your emails"

RRRRRRRRRGH FRUSTRATION
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39709 on: November 10, 2011, 11:43:57 pm »

Why? Just say outright "GTFO". Sometimes being blunt is the only way.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39710 on: November 10, 2011, 11:44:41 pm »

Oh my god why has Fishface already sent me two messages telling me he wants to meet again ._.

What does he not understand about "sometimes I post on Facebook and I see your message and I ignore it for a while because come on holy cow I have other fucking things to do than service your emails"

RRRRRRRRRGH FRUSTRATION
you attract alot of weird guys.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39711 on: November 10, 2011, 11:46:11 pm »

RRRRRRRRRGH FRUSTRATION
you attract alot of weird guys.
It comes with being an internet personality.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39712 on: November 10, 2011, 11:59:31 pm »

It comes with being weird >_______>  It seems that many of them go "... She understands me ;_;  She speaks math, too..." and then are kind of hard to get rid of.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #39713 on: November 11, 2011, 12:01:56 am »

She speaks math, too...
I always imagine the mathematical language as resembling Greek, but with PEMDAS formatting. Verbs always at the beginning, too.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39714 on: November 11, 2011, 12:10:33 am »

She speaks math, too...
I always imagine the mathematical language as resembling Greek, but with PEMDAS formatting. Verbs always at the beginning, too.
That would make a pretty straightforward language. Parts of speech are always in a specific order. Wonderful.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #39715 on: November 11, 2011, 12:51:58 am »

Verbs at the beginning? The real question is, VSO or VOS? English is SVO...

For those who don't know: Subject, Verb, Object. I threw the ball is SVO. Threw I the ball, VSO. Threw the ball I, VOS. The way Yoda speaks in Star Wars is VOS (Threw the ball, I did).

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39716 on: November 11, 2011, 04:32:29 am »

Family that I live with is soooo lame. Apparently none of them have ever heard of Jules Verne, or Terry Pratchet, or George Martin, or Lovecraft, or Lewis mother fucking Carroll! The fuck is wrong with these people?!? Do they read? Do they understand what a novel is? Do they even know what a book is?
Their ignorance to happiness makes me sad.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39717 on: November 11, 2011, 09:34:51 am »

RRRRRRRRRGH FRUSTRATION
.....I just have to say that if your nickname for him is "Fishface", then his chances are not looking good.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39718 on: November 11, 2011, 10:58:18 am »

It'll stay Fishface until he does something notable enough to earn him another moniker.

Other than Fishface and Fishhead.

EDIT: Oh, and now his mutual friend has sent me an email about the subject, probably for him.

I hate this.  What don't they understand about "school week, no time?"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:02:31 am by Vector »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39719 on: November 11, 2011, 11:11:38 am »

Family that I live with is soooo lame. Apparently none of them have ever heard of Jules Verne, or Terry Pratchet, or George Martin, or Lovecraft, or Lewis mother fucking Carroll! The fuck is wrong with these people?!? Do they read? Do they understand what a novel is? Do they even know what a book is?
Their ignorance to happiness makes me sad.
I can sympathize.  All my parents do for entertainment at the house is watch television and/or sleep on the couch.  My brother just plays inane flash games or [NEWEST FPS HERE].  Or Terraria, so much Terraria.

Any in case, what ends up happening is that I literally have nothing to talk to them about so I barely speak anything but like, mandatory actions with them.

"Dinner is served."
"This will explain everything."
"What was your relationship with Rita?"

I speak to my brother sometimes because he knows a few series we've done but that's about.  I find most of my best discussions are actually doing stuff with people.  :[

Or sharing experiences?  That works too.  Aah so many stories...
Pages: 1 ... 2646 2647 [2648] 2649 2650 ... 8167