Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2643 2644 [2645] 2646 2647 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435757 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39660 on: November 10, 2011, 08:55:45 am »

Would that count as a catch-22?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39661 on: November 10, 2011, 08:58:27 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:02:09 am by Ogdibus »

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39662 on: November 10, 2011, 10:06:38 am »

Yet recently I have come to realise that there are people who read over our forums, perhaps this very post, and don't join in themselves.
If that makes you a little sad, it's probably better not to think about how long it can go on for too. Wait, that's not helpful...

Well, appropriately enough for the thread, I'm reasonably certain that it's personally only loosely related to preexisting community tightness and more based on being entirely too hypercritical of myself a lot of the time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39663 on: November 10, 2011, 10:52:18 am »

It's best not to realize things like that, after all, I'm sure after you finish reading this a village has be plundered, a ship has sunk, a baby seal died, a murderer murdered somebody, a thief stole something, a person helped somebody, a person died again, a person fused with a cat, a flower was stepped on, some seeds were planted, I lost in card games, my Mother's head exploded, nobody understands anything.

I shouldn't even say realize, it's more like making up shit to make yourself feel weird.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39664 on: November 10, 2011, 11:27:29 am »

^ Okay, I lol'd.

I've probably listened to Hikari no Willpower... well, I can say probably between 30 and 60 times, in the past day and this morning.

I'm still enjoying it, but this sort of thing is another stress reaction.  My brain's going "Look!  the universe is consistent!  it only has one song in it!!"

Hahahaha >_>  I'll just get my hot-blooded manga fix this weekend or somesuch.  For now, though, gotta clean stuff and then German exam.

Gogogogogo~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39665 on: November 10, 2011, 11:32:22 am »

Is there any recent (2008ish+) manga you enjoyed Vector?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39666 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38:19 am »

It appears an old judge is pissed at me. How lovely.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39667 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38:56 am »

Is it because you're too awesome? That's my bet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39668 on: November 10, 2011, 11:51:30 am »

Is there any recent (2008ish+) manga you enjoyed Vector?

Hmm... I'm not sure if Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei or Monster count as all that recent, but those are the newest things I've purchased.  Oh, though I do own some Mushishi and stuff too, I guess.  I'm not saying that everything coming out is bad, but most of the straight-up "let's go be hot-blooded moeru moeru" shounen I've seen produced over the past few years has been pretty terrible.  Since that's what I'm in the mood to read, I'm in a bit of a spot.

I kind of fell out of the loop when I went to college (like I said, the club I was running disbanded, and with budget cuts and stuff it's a lot harder to just go to the shelf at the library and pick up some manga or dvd), and now that I look around I realize that I have no idea how to find something newer that I'd like (I think the thing I tried most recently was... Kodomo no Jikan?  >____________>).  I'm considering looking at Gunslinger Girl or Mirai Nikki, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39669 on: November 10, 2011, 12:03:52 pm »

If you like characters like Shinji in NGE you'll probably might like the main character in Mirai Nikki.

In any case I already know SZS and Monster started in the 80's!  I do have to see Mushishi though...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:04:58 pm by ToonyMan »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39670 on: November 10, 2011, 12:45:34 pm »

Huh, I thought Monster's style looked really, really old!  I guess it wasn't just trying to be retro.

I might look into Mirai Nikki, thanks.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39671 on: November 10, 2011, 01:16:20 pm »

You, all of you, if you see me post anything here in the next whoknowshowlong make sure to call me an idiot and to stop. I have life to save, mine.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39672 on: November 10, 2011, 01:16:39 pm »

If you like characters like Shinji in NGE you'll probably might like the main character in Mirai Nikki.
Don't you need to give the standard Mirai Nikki warning when recommending it though?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39673 on: November 10, 2011, 01:24:45 pm »

You, all of you, if you see me post anything here in the next whoknowshowlong make sure to call me an idiot and to stop. I have life to save, mine.
U R DERP

Like that?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39674 on: November 10, 2011, 01:57:02 pm »

Don't you need to give the standard Mirai Nikki warning when recommending it though?

... ?

Pages: 1 ... 2643 2644 [2645] 2646 2647 ... 8167