Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2642 2643 [2644] 2645 2646 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438006 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39645 on: November 10, 2011, 04:17:41 am »

Ugh, I've just had a shit week~
Hopefully things'll be at least a little better by the weekend~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39646 on: November 10, 2011, 05:34:24 am »

I had my dad tell me that I shouldn't have seen the doctor and that I shouldn't have taken the medicine their Perscribed.

He also called me immature and that taking these things in stride is part of growing up.

It really annoyed me and is rather hurtful given how bad my shortness of breath was at time.

Rest assured, he is very wrong indeed. You did exactly what you should've done as a grown up.
Love, scriver~

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #39647 on: November 10, 2011, 06:30:45 am »

I failed badly with DF world gen today. Also, school.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39648 on: November 10, 2011, 06:41:36 am »

I like b12, it is one of the nicest, more insane places on the internet. No other forum can derail a thread with more elegance, or swing into a pun war faster! And best of all, we are very close knit. I know you guys, well most of you some what, and I'm sure many of you have come to recognise the Helsinki guitar lizard as a symbol of insane ramblings, off topic posts and general over use of commas.

Yet recently I have come to realise that there are people who read over our forums, perhaps this very post, and don't join in themselves. I'm not sure why, but I can't shake the feeling that is is because being so close, we look like a closed community. Remember those kids at school who were nice, friendly people that had all their inside jokes and references and knew each other, and that tight circle intimidated others out of trying to join in? To somebody reading over our forums, we might be that group.

I'm sure there is somebody out there who would like to post, but isn't sure about how to introduce themselves, and so just sits on the side lines instead. This makes me very sad.

Sorry, I might just be rambling. I'm on an endorphin low right now, so feeling sad about things is pretty easy.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39649 on: November 10, 2011, 06:57:02 am »

Max, go to your local chocolate dispenser immediatelly! Your endorphine deficiency is turning you into a brooding gentleman!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #39650 on: November 10, 2011, 07:01:17 am »

I remember when I first started to browse the lower forums and I felt somewhat intimidated by how close many of you are. I started posting anyway and am trying to get to know people better. Let's just hope more people take the plunge.

On a related note I frequently get post anxiety and decide against posting replies I've spent far too long writing. This makes me sad but maybe it's a good thing in some ways.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39651 on: November 10, 2011, 07:06:43 am »

Max, go to your local chocolate dispenser immediatelly! Your endorphine deficiency is turning you into a brooding gentleman!
It does that... Sort of a crappy trade honestly. I get mood swings between 'My god, the world is WONDERFUL!' and 'Remind me, why haven't I killed myself yet?'
Although every time I hit a high I'm sure to get depressed later that day, but being depressed doesn't ensure being in a good mood later on...

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #39652 on: November 10, 2011, 07:35:34 am »

Yet recently I have come to realise that there are people who read over our forums, perhaps this very post, and don't join in themselves. I'm not sure why, but I can't shake the feeling that is is because being so close, we look like a closed community.

Youre making very good point. The lower boards seemed a bit intimidiating at when I first checked them.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39653 on: November 10, 2011, 07:41:49 am »

Yet recently I have come to realise that there are people who read over our forums, perhaps this very post, and don't join in themselves. I'm not sure why, but I can't shake the feeling that is is because being so close, we look like a closed community.

Youre making very good point. The lower boards seemed a bit intimidiating at when I first checked them.

Same here. It's one of the reasons I first frequented the modding forum above and avoided this forum for a while.

It does that... Sort of a crappy trade honestly. I get mood swings between 'My god, the world is WONDERFUL!' and 'Remind me, why haven't I killed myself yet?'
Although every time I hit a high I'm sure to get depressed later that day, but being depressed doesn't ensure being in a good mood later on...

I hope a spoonful of moe would fix your case of the feeling a bit blue, if you are down.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39654 on: November 10, 2011, 07:52:14 am »

Maybe we should ask Toady to stick a "Introduce yourself!" thread to the top, so we can give them a great warm welcome.
Love, scriver~

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39655 on: November 10, 2011, 07:58:37 am »

Maybe we should ask Toady to stick a "Introduce yourself!" thread to the top, so we can give them a great warm welcome.
It might be nice to do that, but even then, people will still have a hard time trying to join discussions if they weren't dragged into conversation.

But if we do that, we might sound like that guy from the party who attempts to bring the silent guy into conversation by saying something... possibly offending.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39656 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:04 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:01:43 am by Ogdibus »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39657 on: November 10, 2011, 08:40:39 am »

It takes a little perseverance to get acquainted with everyone.  I think this happens on every forum.  I know I had my rough spots when I first started posting here, before I learned what to expect from and how best to interact with various people.  There's quite a collection of passionate characters here -- the type who can be difficult to get to know without first understanding their sore spots.  I also think these things are an issue on forums more than anywhere else, because there really isn't any small talk.  People are here to express whatever's on their mind that they feel is important, and people comment because they also have important feelings on the subject.  This amounts to an environment where first encounters are often very polarizing, but smooth out over time.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #39658 on: November 10, 2011, 08:44:51 am »

If GD is an exclusive club, it's one that's not hard to get into. I mean, most new people (to the lower forums) start out in Life Advice, Creative Projects, and the Forum Games and Roleplaying forums. Once they're known there, it's not hard to switch to GD.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39659 on: November 10, 2011, 08:50:41 am »

That would be my problem.  Those are good ice breaker areas, but I was never drawn to them until after I started growing fond of this forum in general.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2642 2643 [2644] 2645 2646 ... 8167