Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2641 2642 [2643] 2644 2645 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439491 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39630 on: November 09, 2011, 06:56:39 pm »

I can not find my disk for EU3 so I can not move it to my new computer.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39631 on: November 09, 2011, 07:15:51 pm »

Now I'm going to be like 30-45 minutes late, or even two hours later than usual, thanks to screwy bus schedules and missing prime window. I kinda need to get home to finish up some art projects for class tomorrow.
And the winner goes to: Two hours!

It wasn't bad enough that the guy who services the stop by the campus was late for his schedule, he also dropped me off at the transfer station when my other bus just left.

I was having a good day too, realizing that logarithms ain't no tough shit to me and would pose no problem. That feeling just sorta fizzled out after more than two hours of waiting.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39632 on: November 09, 2011, 07:17:29 pm »

I know the feeling, buses here have been crap lately.
*Offers transit problem hugs*
*Hugs*

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39633 on: November 09, 2011, 07:52:27 pm »

Now I'm going to be like 30-45 minutes late, or even two hours later than usual, thanks to screwy bus schedules and missing prime window. I kinda need to get home to finish up some art projects for class tomorrow.

It wasn't bad enough that the guy who services the stop by the campus was late for his schedule, he also dropped me off at the transfer station when my other bus just left.

I was having a good day too, realizing that logarithms ain't no tough shit to me and would pose no problem. That feeling just sorta fizzled out after more than two hours of waiting.
Next time, if time is short, ask the driver if he can call the other buss and ask if they can hold for a moment. At least here in Holland most buss drivers would comply.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39634 on: November 09, 2011, 08:32:23 pm »

Next time, if time is short, ask the driver if he can call the other buss and ask if they can hold for a moment. At least here in Holland most buss drivers would comply.
I can only speak from my experience with public transit, but I think most bus drivers here could care less if you make your connections or not.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39635 on: November 09, 2011, 08:35:07 pm »

It was pretty obvious this was a driver that wasn't giving a shit.

I know the feeling, buses here have been crap lately.
*Offers transit problem hugs*
I understand your woes

I understand all of them

*hugs back*

The whole system has been working quite beautifully for most of the semester and my morning drivers are incredibly reliable, it was just this one guy solely in charge of getting home.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #39636 on: November 09, 2011, 10:02:52 pm »

Thanks to my changing schedule at work, the bus at the close stop goes through 5 minutes before my shift ends and doesn't return for an hour and a half (the system is beefed up during the times when schools are letting out). The closest available bus, which goes through an hour after my shift, is three-quarter mile walk from work. All things combined means my transit becomes 90-120 minutes. It's a 15 minute drive by car.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39637 on: November 09, 2011, 10:12:07 pm »

@SalmonGod: Part of it is recommendations, but I really have a lot of stuff to read and watch already.  It's mostly wanting a community of readers in meatspace with some similar tastes in reading material, so I can have some bros to gush with.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39638 on: November 09, 2011, 10:12:25 pm »

Don't you get home at 1am though?  That's like 3 hours of sleep a day maybe.

3-4 hours of sleep is about what I average.  :-\

I go to bed sometime between 1am and 2am, and my alarm clock goes off at 4:45 most mornings.

Doesn't faze me a bit. Nope, not one littgnabrglzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
wow

That cant be good
That's what I did most of last year, actually...I also ended up falling asleep in class, so I decided not to do that anymore xD
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39639 on: November 09, 2011, 10:19:19 pm »

I had my dad tell me that I shouldn't have seen the doctor and that I shouldn't have taken the medicine their Perscribed.

He also called me immature and that taking these things in stride is part of growing up.

It really annoyed me and is rather hurtful given how bad my shortness of breath was at time.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39640 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:12 pm »

Since comics were raised a while back, I wanted to point out that I've been reading "Runaways", and would actually be quite interested in some recommendations for western comics. Although the cheesy taste of a lot of them can be hard to tolerate at times, they can be quite fun.

There's also webcomics. I read a lot of them.. a lot. With ones I periodically go back to every so often. There's a list of about 25 comics in my bookmarks I check up on regularly.
Maybe I should write up a list some time, there's a bunch I would recommend, and some I would if you wanted to read some other stuff on the side... I might actually just start a comic thread.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39641 on: November 09, 2011, 11:04:58 pm »

There's also webcomics. I read a lot of them.. a lot. With ones I periodically go back to every so often. There's a list of about 25 comics in my bookmarks I check up on regularly.
Maybe I should write up a list some time, there's a bunch I would recommend, and some I would if you wanted to read some other stuff on the side... I might actually just start a comic thread.
Good idea. Here's bay12's old webcomic thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57574.0
Though as the OP was pathos, it would be best to simply make a new one so as to keep the front page list up to date.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #39642 on: November 09, 2011, 11:12:44 pm »

Though as the OP was pathos, it would be best to simply make a new one so as to keep the front page list up to date.
I don't think making a new thread is going to change this. I mean, it's not like any of these threads weren't.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39643 on: November 10, 2011, 12:22:39 am »

I had the funeral of my friend's brother today. It was so moving. I feel utterly drained. The death of someone is always sad, but when it's before their time it's sadder. It's affected so many people... My friend, nicknamed 'Sasquatch' for his bushy beard, gentleness and long hair, as well as his 6'4" height broke down when speaking of his brother. IT moved everyone there... Huge guys with tats, obvious roid abusers and piercings were crying openly by the end of it. I was so utterly moved by it that I only just kept my emotions in check- merely letting the tears run down my face.

The death of a child, even an adult child, is a horrible thing. I hope no-one ever has to experience it.

:'(

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39644 on: November 10, 2011, 02:54:54 am »

Since comics were raised a while back, I wanted to point out that I've been reading "Runaways", and would actually be quite interested in some recommendations for western comics. Although the cheesy taste of a lot of them can be hard to tolerate at times, they can be quite fun.

If you haven't, try Locke & Key (very high quality books) and Kick-Ass (comic much better than the movie). 

The Walking Dead is another of my favorites, but that one's kind of iffy to recommend right now.  If you've already watched the show, you're unlikely to appreciate the comic.  They're very, very different.  Oddly enough, most fans of the comic seem to regard the show as an improvement on the story.  I'm not one of them.  I can see how people would be drawn in by the high production value and added complexity.  I find the changes to the story and characters to be too drastic, and the drama to be too extreme.  I've seen a few episodes, and it seems to always be maximum crisis and drama all the time, only broken by a bittersweet moment here and there.  I feel like I'm being beaten over the head with a drama sledgehammer.  The comic has better pacing and ups & downs, and a slow escalation of the overall plot.  There's even the occasional character who isn't a nervous wreck, barely coping with extreme personal tragedies.  But the presentation has a much more humble feeling to it that I can imagine would be hard to maintain interest in after seeing the show first.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2641 2642 [2643] 2644 2645 ... 8167