Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2636 2637 [2638] 2639 2640 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443150 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39555 on: November 08, 2011, 12:11:52 am »

I feel absolutely worn out and completely exasperated. The past two weeks I've been going back and forth with a friend to the hospital since she's having problems breathing due to lung damage. And every time they just pack her up and send her home and we can't do anything about it since she's not insured. I feel so powerless here, I want my friend to get better but I feel like I'm being forced to see her live out her last few weeks or months going back and forth while they refuse to help her or really try anything at all to get her back on her feet properly...

Everyone in this house is so close. If she did well... Go. It would be just devastating. And I feel awful that there's like nothing I can do to help her if this is what's really going to happen...

I hope something out there is watching over her and she gets better. Since at this point that's literally all I can hope for.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39556 on: November 08, 2011, 12:13:59 am »

I should probably mention Hardy practices a new age martial art which is a mix of Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Aikido, and Tai Chi, called "Maekow Chi".

But yeah, I think that's enough of that for one night, I'm off to bed.
Wasn't Jennifer also really really badass? I remember her main weapon was fists, and she was one of the stronger characters. I think.
ANYWAY I got signed up for a class that I have no reason to be taking and pretty much know everything for already.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:15:30 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #39557 on: November 08, 2011, 12:27:10 am »

Scoliosis: Come back in 6 months so we can get more X-rays. Right now your on the 'borderline' for getting a sucky back brace that you will wear forever
Not forever, or there wouldn't be a point in making you wear a corset. The idea is to correct development, and it's only good for the developing years.
The thing is that after that is over only corrective surgery will do any good...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39558 on: November 08, 2011, 01:24:45 am »

Scoliosis: Come back in 6 months so we can get more X-rays. Right now your on the 'borderline' for getting a sucky back brace that you will wear forever
Not forever, or there wouldn't be a point in making you wear a corset. The idea is to correct development, and it's only good for the developing years.
The thing is that after that is over only corrective surgery will do any good...
While, of course not 'forever', it's just an exaggeration. And yeah, I'd rather get the brace than have surgery when I get older (my mom had a brace, they took it off, and her scoliosis got really bad...) but it's still just bad all around.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39559 on: November 08, 2011, 05:22:58 am »

Everyone's having health problems, it seems...

Hiro is developing acid reflux that's keeping him up at night.  I've been sick since Thursday night with general blah feeling + horrible sore throat, so I haven't felt like doing anything other than lying in bed even though I can't sleep much.  The sore throat hit its climax yesterday, and seems to finally be receding... only to be replaced with Grim and I both developing pink eye. 

Probably going to take my third sick day in a row today, and fully expect a warning when I get back.  My employer would honestly prefer that I show up to work just so I can accomplish very little and make everyone else sick.  No joke.  My senior manager, who has the largest influence on making up and enforcing the relevant policies, has supposedly never taken a sick day.  Even both times she gave birth, she only took a single day off each time.  She expects everyone else to be the same way, and has been quoted as saying "If you're conscious, you should be here."
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39560 on: November 08, 2011, 05:31:07 am »

I feel like shit. I also feel like there are lumps in my throat. Painful lumps.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39561 on: November 08, 2011, 05:38:19 am »

Had a poor night's sleep. Stayed up too late playing DF, and wrestling with NWN to get it stable again, then woke up at 3am feeling crappy from thirst, then a massive thunderstorm at 5am woke me up, then i went back to sleep, woke at 5:45am, went back to sleep, woke up at 7:30am, went back to sleep, woke up at 10:30am. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (I need to leave the house by 10:30am to get to tafe by 12:30pm)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39562 on: November 08, 2011, 09:52:14 am »

Back from the beach. And the weather had been getting nicer and nicer. Today and tomorrow were looking to be glorious, especially for November.

The one good thing is that my bed at home is six trillion times better than the rollout couch I slept on down there. Our bed at home has a high-quality mattress with 600-thread count sheets and flannel blankets. Shit is so cash.

Which made getting up for work this morning suck that much more.  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39563 on: November 08, 2011, 10:01:52 am »

Need to drop out of chem! Need... to drop out of chem. second class I've dropped this semester! I'm messing up my life pretty hard.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39564 on: November 08, 2011, 11:34:36 am »

I should probably mention Hardy practices a new age martial art which is a mix of Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Aikido, and Tai Chi, called "Maekow Chi".
But yeah, I think that's enough of that for one night, I'm off to bed.
Wasn't Jennifer also really really badass? I remember her main weapon was fists, and she was one of the stronger characters. I think.
ANYWAY I got signed up for a class that I have no reason to be taking and pretty much know everything for already.
Yeah she punches people and used bows.  I'm pretty sure she knew a martial arts at least.

Need to drop out of chem! Need... to drop out of chem. second class I've dropped this semester! I'm messing up my life pretty hard.
We must have the same Chem class.  I'm sticking through though I find it more painful to quit than to endure.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39565 on: November 08, 2011, 01:02:48 pm »

My calculator has gone missing. This is a big deal for 2 reasons. The first is the whole being a Physicist thing. The second is that depsite it being an almost 15 year old Casio monochrome graphical model and more than a bit battered, I have had it since before I was an undergrad. Its little 26k memory is full of some very old self coded routines for solving polynomials, solving inequalities, matrix calculations and many many other bits of physics bumf.  Not having it makes me feel cut off from all the prior learning and work I have gone through using it - I have lost my weapon of choice that I am very attached to... :(

Note to self: Clean office and lab more often.
This is a blank sig.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #39566 on: November 08, 2011, 03:43:09 pm »

It's very, very annoying to just get this frustrated and not know why at all.

And I'm really just worried I'm just going to snap at someone.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39567 on: November 08, 2011, 06:28:28 pm »

I finished watching the first season of MLP Friendship is Magic. I was expecting it to pick up, but it just felt rather mediocre. It was better than I'd expect from My Little Pony, but the constant attempts to throw in soppy aesops really gets in the way, and it's frankly not that good to begin with. The only reason it seems to be this popular is just because of the ironic value of an adult male liking My Little Pony.

I am chock full of critiques today. :[

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #39568 on: November 08, 2011, 06:30:34 pm »

TBH I don't understand why there are that many people in this forum liking that show. It's about talking ponies. It *can't* be good, pretty much by definition.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39569 on: November 08, 2011, 06:34:48 pm »

In my cynical mind I think 'Bronies are a superb marketing ploy by Hasbro.'
Pages: 1 ... 2636 2637 [2638] 2639 2640 ... 8167