Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2557 2558 [2559] 2560 2561 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430991 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38370 on: October 12, 2011, 03:51:24 pm »

They probably have a rough time when either being raised or in general at home. That's usually why people strive to derive enjoyment from torment. It's a difficult situation to deal with yeah, but animosity towards your fellow man never leads anywhere good. Leave your sadness pointed rigid at the situation at hand and not the source.

I think I cracked today.

Perhaps it was some combination of sleep deprivation, hopelessness and frustration at the things surrounding me, but after class today I just got really angry. Just having a fit right there on the campus grounds, swearing up a storm at the sky and yelling at life itself. That weird situation of speaking without putting any thought into the action. It lasted for around ten seconds before I had to catch a breath and got a grip.
 Normally that would only mildly concern me, just venting I guess? But when I got home I had a stutter. I had one for about a year now but that was only in very specific situations that really hammered on me. This was towards the rest of my family in a calm environment. I fear there is a deeper cause to this that is getting worse, but I don't know any real way of addressing it or what it is. My best hope is that my speech communication professor picks up on this and suggests something.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38371 on: October 12, 2011, 03:58:31 pm »

I was having a genuinely happy day today. This is a quite rare occurrence.

Then someone in gym mocked me for getting a lower speed then them on the shuttle run fitness test, and then someone later in the day randomly shouted either 'fat ***' or 'f****t' at me (had trouble hearing, but it was likely the latter, I'm pretty skinny.) And I had to walk home in the rain without a hoodie or umbrella or anything.

Jerks like that should be locked up behind bars until they learn how to behave properly.
Just my own humble opinion, the opinion of one who also had his share of bullies once.

Everyone's had experience with bullies, on either side of the fence. A lot of them grow up successful, inherit their father's companies, were rich in the first place, or get to be billboard models for whitening cream ads or expensive watches or clothing lines. I dislike that.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38372 on: October 12, 2011, 04:24:58 pm »

I was having a genuinely happy day today. This is a quite rare occurrence.

Then someone in gym mocked me for getting a lower speed then them on the shuttle run fitness test, and then someone later in the day randomly shouted either 'fat ***' or 'f****t' at me (had trouble hearing, but it was likely the latter, I'm pretty skinny.) And I had to walk home in the rain without a hoodie or umbrella or anything.

Jerks like that should be locked up behind bars until they learn how to behave properly.
Just my own humble opinion, the opinion of one who also had his share of bullies once.

Everyone's had experience with bullies, on either side of the fence. A lot of them grow up successful, inherit their father's companies, were rich in the first place, or get to be billboard models for whitening cream ads or expensive watches or clothing lines. I dislike that.
I know mine had a father that divorced and left.

Sometimes they've got issues, you just might not see them. They're unlikely to ever admit it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38373 on: October 12, 2011, 04:42:13 pm »

Just like a lot of bullied people do too, you mean?
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38374 on: October 12, 2011, 05:39:09 pm »

There's a lot more to bullying than hurting people for kicks.

Generally it's a method to make themselves look better by comparison. Rather than, you know, improve themselves, they'll put someone else down and say to themselves "at least I'm not that person. They're weird/dumb/whatever."
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38375 on: October 12, 2011, 08:47:03 pm »

Getting very frustrated with my own attention span.  It's something I used to pride myself on.  Through most of my teen years, I was the only person I knew who could enjoy reading a book for 4-5 hours straight.

Over the last 2-3 years, I've been getting increasingly restless and unfocused.  Lately I have immense trouble doing anything that requires maintaining more than a few minutes of concentration.  It's become a serious problem, and I have to admit it to myself.   :(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38376 on: October 12, 2011, 08:52:13 pm »

Got a B+ on a midterm.

*sigh*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38377 on: October 12, 2011, 09:06:33 pm »

Grades don't matter to me anymore.  I just get bothered over it.  And then I realize I don't even care so WAIT YOU GOT A B+ WHY IS THAT BAD

You have no excuses to be upset

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38378 on: October 12, 2011, 09:07:21 pm »

I want an A, and am clearly not being diligent enough :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38379 on: October 12, 2011, 09:12:43 pm »

Dude, Vector.  Even if I tried my damn gog dog hardest practicing for an exam or test I can guarantee you I wouldn't do 90%+ material.  It's not feasible.  I'm not sure why that is but it's better to accept you aren't gonna get a perfect because there is always gonna be a 10% unknown you'll never predict unless your blood flows brown.

Especially if it involves essays.  Damn rules and regulations everywhere.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38380 on: October 12, 2011, 09:25:58 pm »

Especially if it involves essays.  Damn rules and regulations everywhere.

I have to write an essay from the perspective of an 11 year old girl on the political situation of British Loyalists after the American revolution.

I'm fairly sure my history teacher is troll us by this point.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38381 on: October 12, 2011, 09:32:12 pm »

I have to write an essay from the perspective of an 11 year old girl on the political situation of British Loyalists after the American revolution.

I once had to write an essay about the Holocaust from the perspective of a six year old Austrian boy.  What the fuck am I supposed to do with that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #38382 on: October 12, 2011, 09:37:11 pm »

Reminds me of an assignment where one of the class groups tried to relate Hiroshima to the class, by digging up Cold War analysis of the effect of a Soviet strike on our city. A clever and well-intentioned effort, but when the entire point of what you're doing is to emphasize how destructive an attack was, using data for a weapon two thousand times larger (on a city that is far less vulnerable to that sort of attack as well) makes the comparison useless.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38383 on: October 12, 2011, 09:54:12 pm »

I once had to write an essay about the Holocaust from the perspective of a six year old Austrian boy.  What the fuck am I supposed to do with that.
Bizarre assignments require bizarre solutions:
Insert random parphrases from Arnold Swarchzenegger's characters.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38384 on: October 12, 2011, 10:58:40 pm »

Bizarre assignments require bizarre solutions:
Insert random parphrases from Arnold Swarchzenegger's characters.

I'm kind of tempted to just write "I'm eleven years old and what's this?"
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 2557 2558 [2559] 2560 2561 ... 8167