Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2555 2556 [2557] 2558 2559 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429793 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38340 on: October 11, 2011, 08:46:35 pm »

Well, just got off the phone with my Dad.  That didn't go as well as I thought it would.  Turns out he got in trouble again and he seems to be out of sorts again.  Let's just say he's gonna have to go to court regularly again.

Sigh.

Why do you do these things Father.

EDIT:
My heart feels strained.  ;_;
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:13:08 pm by ToonyMan »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38341 on: October 11, 2011, 09:16:34 pm »

I was still only second-best at that sort of thing. A buddy once responded to the question, "What other titles do you think might convey effectively the underlying meaning of this passage than the provided?" with a drawing of a toilet. And its occupant. That was eloquence in its highest form.
English teachers still use those kinds of insane questions?  This isn't an exercise in reading comprehension <_<;  A better sentences would be, "Let's say the books current title is awful.  Can you think of a better one?"  That's my interpretation anyway, that sentences is so lacking in visual imagery, I can't quite understand all of it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38342 on: October 11, 2011, 09:28:15 pm »

I honestly can't remember the exact wording - it was roughly 6 years ago, and the important part was the punchline. I just tried to make it concise, precise, and overly dry, since I recall the test being those things. That was certainly the gist of it though, and you've got the correct interpretation. A parser is you!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38343 on: October 11, 2011, 09:30:26 pm »

I really hate essays. I'm falling down all these essays. Nobody warned me about them, bro. Nobody told me, dog.

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38344 on: October 11, 2011, 09:52:45 pm »

I like essays except for the part where I actually have to write them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38345 on: October 11, 2011, 09:57:58 pm »

I only like essays if I can relate to the subject matter. I hate writing and reading essays that I can't even relate to, since they're long, and most of the time, I can't even understand the terminologies.

I hate writing essays in Filipino, but shame on me, since I'm a Filipino too.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38346 on: October 11, 2011, 10:02:03 pm »

Thanks, everyone.

I'm trying quite hard to change this, so that I can live a better life with less pointless stress and worry.  I'll probably keep complaining here from time to time, but right now I'm working to focus some of that diligence on improving my happiness :I

We're making this happen!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38347 on: October 11, 2011, 10:06:39 pm »

There's nowhere to go but up! That is because I've had the low points in your life converted to a landfill for discarded razorblades, and hatred. Hope you don't mind. So, you should probably keep going up, yeah, it's for the best.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38348 on: October 11, 2011, 10:09:14 pm »

I like essays except for the part where I actually have to write them.
This. So much.

Although there was that one essay I had to write on a sport because I got in trouble during P.E. I wrote a full page on the logistics, strategy, and rules of ping-pong. :P

As for actual sad, I fear I may be... overqualified, in a sense. I dunno, but something's making me sad when it should be making me quite happy - this being a classmate suggesting I should be at MIT or someshit. That's usually a good thing, but right now, it's just.... agh why am I sad about this
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38349 on: October 11, 2011, 10:13:45 pm »

I think I durk too much
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #38350 on: October 11, 2011, 11:23:47 pm »

Sad day.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:28:43 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #38351 on: October 12, 2011, 02:21:41 am »

I loathe and despise GIMP's interface, so I'm not sure that's worth a damn either :P
GIMP's interface is a big, ugly beast compared to the new(est) photoshop interface.
But hey, it's free, you can't beat that :P
You should look into GIMPshop. It gives GIMP the Photoshop interface.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38352 on: October 12, 2011, 04:41:40 am »

I watched Dexter (season 5).

What a disapointment. It's just plain boring compared to the other seasons.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

AnalysisFailed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38353 on: October 12, 2011, 06:46:37 am »

I've been rather sick since last Friday, and while it's just clearing up all I've had to eat since then was a bowl of soup and a couple slices of toast. And I maybe got six hours of sleep the whole time, which doesn't help with me not being able to sleep right now. On what I thought was the plus side I'm taking the time to write six pages due in seven hours that I only would have just started had I slept. But no! I'm peer reviewing other people's papers, I had to correct someone's spelling and grammar in a sentence where they were talking about their little brother dying, and the next paper had someone's best friend dying in a car accident that she'd just broken a few ribs and collapsed her lungs in. Correcting spelling makes me feel like a dick in these situations, and now I need to write three pages each explaining ways they could make their papers better! Joy!

Expounding further I won't be getting home until eight in the evening, so I won't even really be able to relax but an hour or two throughout the day.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38354 on: October 12, 2011, 07:15:10 am »

Just watched Grave of the Fireflies.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 2555 2556 [2557] 2558 2559 ... 8167