Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2553 2554 [2555] 2556 2557 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430030 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38310 on: October 11, 2011, 08:36:23 am »

I feel worse today than I have felt in a long, long time, certainly longer than I've been on these forums.

To start off, my backpack was stolen, along with my books, my computer and my wallet AND my medication. I knew it was missing a few days ago but now I know for sure that it was taken on purpose.
Then, I crammed for a class that I didn't even have today, nearly having a heart attack as I ran around campus printing documents.
Then, I found out I missed class this morning, thinking that I had another class at a slightly later time.

To top it all off I'm incredibly sick still, I couldn't get any sleep last night because of my coughing, and I was hacking myself half to death all over campus as I rushed to get the homework for a class I didn't even have.

I'm also worried I'm going to fail the class I missed.

I HATE YOU COLLEGE.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #38311 on: October 11, 2011, 09:19:09 am »

Must be the full moon. A lot of my restless nights seem to happen on the full moon.

I love going outside during the full moon. It's just a lovely feeling, wondering around fields in the moonlight, absolutely no sound except for the distant noises of the town.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38312 on: October 11, 2011, 09:47:43 am »

And the horde of werewolves.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #38313 on: October 11, 2011, 09:58:26 am »

And the horde of werewolves.

Do not bother me, for I am their leader.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38314 on: October 11, 2011, 10:15:13 am »

I HATE YOU COLLEGE.
I just got a 0 on a Chemistry quiz handed back to me today.  I don't really appreciate the teacher giving me a 0 on a question when I got 99% of it right but forgot to label it or put down the exact specific element instead of all of the elements or not have enough or not enough significant figures because I'm too stressed out and didn't read the question perfectly.  But I don't want to blame the professor either because I should have known better.  They even underlined it for me.

On the flip side though, we had a more important chapter 3 test today that I actually managed to finish and feel confident enough to say I have at least a 75 if not more and I even put down the 100% answer instead of the 99% answers of last time.  I also feel like I'm doing better than most of my classmates.  Man, my Chemistry class is terrible.  Not the content itself but the other students there number almost in the triple digits and a lot of them really don't respect the teacher.  I can understand when a student asks a really simple question but when they just shot out completely wrong answers it makes it harder for me to learn what is actually right and not what is just on their mind at the moment.

Spanish is peaceful and relaxing.
Math is usually peaceful and sometimes relaxing.
CSE is boring but nice and quiet.
Engineering is a bit boring but I can see some cool shit.
FYE is kind of eh but nothing is worse than Chemistry.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38315 on: October 11, 2011, 10:42:41 am »

I really hate trying to find research backing up a point in an essay on a charged subject where the majority opinion is the opposite of the one I'm trying to support. It's like I can find plenty of OPINIONS for my point, but little to no statistics, because nobody cares to make statistics for anything except the one, widely accepted point of view on the subject.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38316 on: October 11, 2011, 03:23:49 pm »

I'm confused by Metro 2033.  How do these bandits shoot at me so much when I never find magazines containing more than one or two bullets?

Also, the one guy's tirade about Homo Novus was both premature (We hadn't even gotten any kind of taste of the dark ones yet, so we have no idea what he's basing this shit on) and over the top.  It was dumb.

The surface was pretty cool though, the atmosphere is great, all that's good.  It just has some dumb design and script choices.  I wonder if Bourbon will ever return to his lover, that door.

EDIT:  Guess not.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:50:10 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38317 on: October 11, 2011, 03:26:11 pm »

You got it backwards. You don't find any full mags because they keep shooting at you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38318 on: October 11, 2011, 04:02:01 pm »

I signed up for a PM shift, Gogdammit! I can't keep waking up at 5 AM, this is going to drive me to madness, and possibly to drink. Unfortunately all I have is creme de menthe right now so I'm going to have to get creative there since all my wine still has 6 months to age, and I'm fortunately not so far gone as to consider spending my food money on booze. Or maybe my plans should veer towards not with the drinking, yeah. Just madness.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38319 on: October 11, 2011, 04:05:09 pm »

I work 4 pm to 1 am and then stay up until 8 am
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38320 on: October 11, 2011, 04:11:15 pm »

You are a stronger man than I.

In all honesty I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it'll be a shitty week until then. Then, they switch me to PM, which I'll have to get used to again.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38321 on: October 11, 2011, 04:15:14 pm »

Major schedule alterations do suck
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38322 on: October 11, 2011, 04:16:53 pm »

There is no such as free music-making software that's worth a damn.  Or free doing-anything software that's worth a damn, except maybe Gimp.

I HATE YOU COLLEGE.
I just got a 0 on a Chemistry quiz handed back to me today.  I don't really appreciate the teacher giving me a 0 on a question when I got 99% of it right but forgot to label it or put down the exact specific element instead of all of the elements or not have enough or not enough significant figures because I'm too stressed out and didn't read the question perfectly.  But I don't want to blame the professor either because I should have known better.  They even underlined it for me.

Nah, you can be mad about it.  Can't do shit about it, I know, but you're entitled to be mad about it.  No professor should that huge a hardass for minor labeling.  Been there man.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38323 on: October 11, 2011, 04:37:52 pm »

I loathe and despise GIMP's interface, so I'm not sure that's worth a damn either :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #38324 on: October 11, 2011, 04:43:16 pm »

GIMP's interface is a big, ugly beast compared to the new(est) photoshop interface.
But hey, it's free, you can't beat that :P
Pages: 1 ... 2553 2554 [2555] 2556 2557 ... 8167