Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2548 2549 [2550] 2551 2552 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422932 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38235 on: October 10, 2011, 02:21:24 am »

What is so bad about earwigs?
Aren't they pretty much harmless bird bait?
What's weird is I've always happily handled almost anything including dangerous stuff in the right circumstances. It's just a learnt irrational fear.

And they nest in things.
When my mum was little she lived in an old converted barn. The walls had holes in them which earwigs used to come through in the night. This is what triggered her fear of them and mine in a round about sort of way.

This really belongs in the happy thread but over the last couple of years I helped my sister get over her fear of spiders. I love spiders but she'd freak out if you even mentioned them. Now she brings them to show me and thinks the smaller ones are cute :D. This is what has got me handling earwigs.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38236 on: October 10, 2011, 02:32:35 am »

I'm in the process of a kidney stone, and I am a half hour away from my next morphine dose which has to be self-administered since I am at home. All I want is to sleep. I am in a low pain phase, and will probably fall asleep anyway, but I don't want to wake up to excruciating pain if I don't dose myself on time. I've got my brother saying he's going to wake me up in time for it, but... doesn't make me any less worried. Or sad even. And it's Canadian Thanksgiving right now. And the only thing I am thankful for is prescription morphine, and the fact that I am probably going to be better in time for dinner. Hopefully.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38237 on: October 10, 2011, 04:02:41 am »

The subway is broken.
Don't you just love mondays?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38238 on: October 10, 2011, 04:19:48 am »

Because 'earwig' has the word 'ear' in it.

Which, while completely unassuming by itself, immediately brings to mind various horrific events occurring in your sleep. Maybe that inability you've had lately concentrating has been because there's a BUG in your HEAD, SLOWLY CHEWING IT'S WAY THROUGH YOUR CENTRAL CORTEX!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38239 on: October 10, 2011, 04:36:38 am »

Insects, arachnids, anything that has more than four legs needs to die PAINFULLY. I don't care if they're God's creations, he gave us flamethrowers and heavy machine guns for a REASON.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38240 on: October 10, 2011, 04:51:57 am »

Your logic is infallible, good sir~~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38241 on: October 10, 2011, 04:58:48 am »

Killing insects with heavy machine guns?
I need to go play elona again now.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38242 on: October 10, 2011, 06:34:56 am »

Which, while completely unassuming by itself, immediately brings to mind various horrific events occurring in your sleep. Maybe that inability you've had lately concentrating has been because there's a BUG in your HEAD, SLOWLY CHEWING IT'S WAY THROUGH YOUR CENTRAL CORTEX!
Much more likely to get that from your dog. Or really any place something canine has been. And you probably won't know for years
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38243 on: October 10, 2011, 06:37:10 am »

Much more likely to get that from your dog. Or really any place something canine has been. And you probably won't know for years

Do explain more
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #38244 on: October 10, 2011, 06:38:05 am »

Bleh, only three of the games in the Humble Bundle this time around were actually any good, and I suck at SpaceChem, and have already completed Trine. So that really just leaves Frozen Synapse, with is easily worth what I paid for it, but it's still a bit disappointing that most of the games were meh.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38245 on: October 10, 2011, 06:51:41 am »

You can also retake it? I was going to sign up for the PSAT, but they ran out of tests right before I got there. Oh well, I did fine on the SAT. I wish I would have known about the NMS thing, though.
Yeah, you can take it however many times you want to pay for it.
The SAT, too, if you get sucky scores.

And I'm running away now. All this bug and scorpion talk is going to give me nightmares.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38246 on: October 10, 2011, 07:01:02 am »

I actually thought that giant creature on the trash can was really cool looking.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38247 on: October 10, 2011, 07:42:13 am »

Do explain more
Dwarftapeworm. But there was supposed to be a :P punctuating that last sentence, because it's not very likely to get it from pet-dogs, mostly wild ones and nature (where they'd been, that is).
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38248 on: October 10, 2011, 08:39:51 am »

Do explain more
Dwarftapeworm. But there was supposed to be a :P punctuating that last sentence, because it's not very likely to get it from pet-dogs, mostly wild ones and nature (where they'd been, that is).
Ok, after browsing that article and seeing the picture of the rat filled with worm-cysts, I have to say....KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! KILL IT BEFORE IT JOINS US WITH THE GLORY OF THE MANY!  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38249 on: October 10, 2011, 08:45:47 am »

Feeling depressed after all I've experienced in this month so far. I hope this month gets better, as I'm getting tired from all this.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 2548 2549 [2550] 2551 2552 ... 8167