Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2544 2545 [2546] 2547 2548 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9426347 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38175 on: October 09, 2011, 09:56:48 pm »

You can also retake it? I was going to sign up for the PSAT, but they ran out of tests right before I got there. Oh well, I did fine on the SAT. I wish I would have known about the NMS thing, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38176 on: October 09, 2011, 10:31:31 pm »

So I did a whole bunch of work involving wood.
The chainsaw's vibrations thoroughly molested my hands, they are bruised, and achy. I also had to deal with cenitpedes and ants when splitting logs.
Mother nature, ou know all those empty tins of cat food that I've been putting into the recycling? Well they're going into the black bag now. Just thought you should know.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38177 on: October 09, 2011, 10:33:59 pm »

I love centipedes! Except when they bite. I hate it when they bite.

I also actually managed to get stung once by a wasp that was hiding in my skirt. THIS is why I stick to pants and shorts.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38178 on: October 09, 2011, 10:38:36 pm »

I used to like bugs as a kid... Except centipedes, always hated centipedes.
Now I hate bugs, and mould, and dirt actually...
I turned into a real wuss...

I also actually managed to get stung once by a wasp that was hiding in my skirt. THIS is why I stick to pants and shorts.
Oddly enough I'm not afraid of wasps. I'm a little wary of getting stung, but I'm not afraid to swat them with a paper towel.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38179 on: October 09, 2011, 10:39:26 pm »

Fucking hate centipedes. I'm fine with a lot of insects, and really like spiders. Hell, I feel guilty for destroying spider webs.
But centipedes and scorpions, nasty little SOB's!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38180 on: October 09, 2011, 10:41:15 pm »

I used to poke centipedes with a stick whenever I saw one, which was funny because then they'd swear eternal vengeance on the stick and try to murder it with their forelegs.

On a related note, a few years ago my sister brought home two giant millipedes once from a province. By the time she got home she had one giant millipede that was no longer hungry.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #38181 on: October 09, 2011, 10:45:57 pm »

Same thing happened to me when I was a kid, put two aggressive fish in a bowl and suddenly it became thunderdome in there.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38182 on: October 09, 2011, 10:49:07 pm »

Fucking hate centipedes. I'm fine with a lot of insects, and really like spiders. Hell, I feel guilty for destroying spider webs.
But centipedes and scorpions, nasty little SOB's!
Spiders... Well they're not too bad, although I don't like them inside the house.
Spider webs can be kind of cool if they're the large spun kind that let you clearly see all the little links.

Spider nests on the other hand. No, seriously no. Especially when the eggs have just hatched. I swear I have never run away from a log so quickly in all my life.

So... I just cleaned up... something unpleasant a sick dog left behind... It occurs to me that in my world it's very good to know where your paper towel is.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38183 on: October 09, 2011, 10:56:08 pm »

I think I can top spider nests. Have you ever stepped on a welcome mat... only to have a good 50% of what you originally assumed to be mat just run away?

Especially when said carpet spiders were about a good inch across and fast and big and strong enough to kill and eat house lizards.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38184 on: October 09, 2011, 10:59:18 pm »

I think this is the point where everyone unanimously agrees to change the subject.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38185 on: October 09, 2011, 11:01:43 pm »

I used to poke centipedes with a stick whenever I saw one, which was funny because then they'd swear eternal vengeance on the stick and try to murder it with their forelegs.

On a related note, a few years ago my sister brought home two giant millipedes once from a province. By the time she got home she had one giant millipede that was no longer hungry.

But millipedes are supposed to be herbivores....
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38186 on: October 09, 2011, 11:05:06 pm »

But millipedes are supposed to be herbivores....

That's what I thought too.

It turns out they eat decaying plant material, and in a pinch dead things. And in an even tighter pinch living things.

Maybe they weren't millipedes? I remember the ones she brought back were about six inches long, black, with yellow marks along the edges of the carapace.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38187 on: October 09, 2011, 11:05:13 pm »

So, sad stuffs.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38188 on: October 09, 2011, 11:10:07 pm »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38189 on: October 09, 2011, 11:10:56 pm »

Gah. I'm feeling so tired. Struggling to keep eyes open style of tired. And I just realised that my diahrea isn't going away.

Fuck. I hate being sick.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2544 2545 [2546] 2547 2548 ... 8167