Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2540 2541 [2542] 2543 2544 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429457 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38115 on: October 08, 2011, 08:21:47 pm »

Oh. Oh god. Oh jesus thanks. I don't know if I'm stupid or if I'm easily amused. But that edit made me laugh Scaraban. Thanks. Just thanks. I feel ever so slightly better already.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38116 on: October 08, 2011, 08:25:32 pm »

I have a habit of giving a final look before I change pages after posting. That was when I saw it.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38117 on: October 08, 2011, 08:27:31 pm »

That was pretty funny :D

Janet:  Everyone does their best.  It's all they can do.  Also, all the coolest people I know are also the ones who have been through the most hardship.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38118 on: October 08, 2011, 08:36:43 pm »

All those memories of things we messed up, things that could have been so much worse and things we rocked harder than anyone else. It's unfortunate that the mistakes of the past are such a mire of waste and misery, but we can make it through. Eventually we make it past, deal with all the effort and time we wasted and live on.

It's good to see you making your way out Janet.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38119 on: October 08, 2011, 08:38:13 pm »

Hey, your hardships have helped make you who you are, and the pain you've felt about your hardships is its own hardship. A metahardship*, if you will. That doesn't make things less rough, I understand, but at the least you've become a pretty cool person and you can keep going and become cooler.

*This sounds like a slashfic term, I'm not going to lie. Hard? Ship? Meta?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38120 on: October 08, 2011, 09:53:43 pm »

Oh. Oh god. Oh jesus thanks. I don't know if I'm stupid or if I'm easily amused. But that edit made me laugh Scaraban. Thanks. Just thanks. I feel ever so slightly better already.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So.......

I think I need to come off my meds.

It's something I try very hard not to think about because if you do you wind up blaming everything on the medication.
I'm happy. -Meds
I'm sad. -Meds
I'm tired. -Meds
I feel vaguely neutral. -Meds

Someone posed the question, "Do you feel better than you do off the meds?" a while back, and frankly I don't know. All I know is I spend most of my time in an emotional stupor, and I don't know up from down when it comes to my mental status.
I think in a lot of ways they work. I don't feel that depressed a lot of the time. But I feel very... drained of emotion.

I know I'm borked... badly. And it feels like medication is the only way that's ever going to be fixed, but if I came off the meds at least I'd know all my problems are mine.
Trouble is, I'm very worried if I come off the meds I'll still find myself mentally fumbling around and being generally insane. Which is a scary prospect. Knowing it's all really me.

Then there's the fact that once I'm off them, they're supposed to be less effective when I go back on. That's been the major reason why we haven't stopped them in the past. So what it's a huge mistake, that will never allow me to get out of this.

The biggest reason I haven't done anything about this before has been because being in a stupor is better than feeling awful all the time. I've always had the feeling that I'm borked, and going to be borked no matter what. So isn't it better to at least not feel so bad about it?

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #38121 on: October 08, 2011, 10:32:19 pm »

*Looks in.* Neh, nvm. *Wanders off.*

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38122 on: October 09, 2011, 12:38:45 am »

Decide to get a bit of drawing/digital painting/whatever the hell what I do is called today. First time, computer decides to crash halfway through what I'm doing because I plugged my phone in and my computer will be damned if that ain't a good reason to shut itself off.

Then I try again after returning home from a small social event, and the tablet's broken or has spontaneously decided that it just doesn't want to turn on right now. I'm hoping the latter so that maybe I can draw tomorrow.

Oh, and I jumped on the Halloween avatar bandwagon with a shitty half-assed GIF I made like a month ago. And it looks horrible and I'm changing it back as soon as I'm done with this post.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #38123 on: October 09, 2011, 02:45:40 am »

There are bugs everywhere in my room, EVERYWHERE. Its starting to scare the shit out of me, like im in some sort of horror movie or something.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38124 on: October 09, 2011, 02:49:01 am »

>:I

Love conquers all!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 02:57:20 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38125 on: October 09, 2011, 03:02:42 am »

>:I

Love conquers all!

not stalkers with a crush on you.

Also that's not me outside your window at night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38126 on: October 09, 2011, 03:05:08 am »

Hey, that's better than what was there--me freaking out about what's turning into a full-blown big fat crush on oh my gosh a Female Person.

Gaahhhhhhh

I don't know what to do!  I've hardly had any female friends!  2/3 of the ones I had until now ended up actually being men!  Oh no!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38127 on: October 09, 2011, 03:10:14 am »

Clearly they are now men because of your friendship.

Since you have no femininity of your own, you must suck it from others, like some kind of estrogen vampire.

Please don't hurt me.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #38128 on: October 09, 2011, 03:10:55 am »

Oh fuck, oh fuck. There was a big ass bug crawling all over me, and there are like three bugs that keep on flying onto my computer screen. I am flipping the fuck out right now.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38129 on: October 09, 2011, 03:14:52 am »

Bdthemag, turn off all the lights in your room, including your screen.

then turn on a light outside your room, and open the door

once the bugs have followed the light, lock them out.
Pages: 1 ... 2540 2541 [2542] 2543 2544 ... 8167