Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2538 2539 [2540] 2541 2542 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431796 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38085 on: October 08, 2011, 04:10:07 pm »

Reread The Little Prince.

:'(
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38086 on: October 08, 2011, 04:26:53 pm »

Reread The Little Prince.

:'(
Spoiler: Y U SAD? (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38087 on: October 08, 2011, 05:14:06 pm »

Going to sleep depressed.
Getting up early so I can study. A lot (best case scenario).
Maybe around new years eve, when I (hopefully) move to Vienna, I have become a person worthy of love.
I just need to work on myself. Aquire some self-worth. It should be doable. It's not hopeless.

And I'm not lying to myself  :'(

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38088 on: October 08, 2011, 05:35:59 pm »

Love, scriver~

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38090 on: October 08, 2011, 05:47:33 pm »

...why?
Love, scriver~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38091 on: October 08, 2011, 05:48:33 pm »

TF2 made me sad. Why? Well, for multiple reasons. People spamming up the chat, writing crap like "OLOLO FAGAT BIG BLACK COK", one guy who kept on blaming everyone else for his deaths (He actually was a half decent player, just an annoying arsehole) and people shouting complete nonsense in voice chat.

I miss the days where I could go on a server and people wouldn't be annoying bastards who treated the game like a competition in which the losers would be beaten and thrown into a pit of hungry dogs.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:54:49 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38092 on: October 08, 2011, 05:55:40 pm »

You know you've gone braindead when you look at an appointment schedule and say "The 15th, that's in 7 days right? Shouldn't that appointment be scheduled for a week later?"

Self, truly though art brain damaged.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38094 on: October 08, 2011, 06:24:11 pm »

TF2 made me sad. Why? Well, for multiple reasons. People spamming up the chat, writing crap like "OLOLO FAGAT BIG BLACK COK", one guy who kept on blaming everyone else for his deaths (He actually was a half decent player, just an annoying arsehole) and people shouting complete nonsense in voice chat.

I miss the days where I could go on a server and people wouldn't be annoying bastards who treated the game like a competition in which the losers would be beaten and thrown into a pit of hungry dogs.
Have you ever played a multiplayer FPS before? The bold part didn't exist. It kinda exists in private servers, in which case ask around for good quality servers and I'll tell you some IPs. The pub servers are gonna be like that, as they always have. You need to find a community if you expect anything other than pub stomping.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38096 on: October 08, 2011, 06:35:01 pm »

I disagree.  The online gaming community, and the internet in general, was much more mature back in 96-98.  Battle.net and Counter-Strike were the first cliques to draw lots of troll types, and it kind of spread from there... at least that's what I saw.

I think there was a cultural filter (made of paranoia) back in the early days of the internet, but that's been gone for a long time.  Most people used to believe that everyone on the internet was a cereal killer, so the reality was that people online tended to be the most open-minded types or people who were only there with a specific purpose in mind.  So gamers were mostly either really cool people or just there to play the damn game.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38097 on: October 08, 2011, 06:37:40 pm »

I am a self-admitted cereal killer. If only because, most of the time, it's way too much work to actually make something.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38098 on: October 08, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »

I am a self-admitted cereal killer. If only because, most of the time, it's way too much work to actually make something.

Katusan made you more than a serial killer :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38099 on: October 08, 2011, 06:45:23 pm »

Katusan made you more than a serial killer :D
Who?
Pages: 1 ... 2538 2539 [2540] 2541 2542 ... 8167