Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2535 2536 [2537] 2538 2539 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435457 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38040 on: October 07, 2011, 07:05:09 pm »

I asked the AP Art History teacher if I could unofficially join the class so that I could learn about art, but she said no. Apparently there's "no way in hell" I could catch up after being a month behind. A friend of mine in the class is just going to start giving me the directions for assignments so that I can learn along. I was really hoping to participate in class discussions, though. Bummer.

In other news, I have heard tell of one of the AP Art students who is supposedly magical at art stuff and loves to flaunt it. He went so far as to say he could take on the entire Knowledge Bowl team on art questions. Either he's really good, or really cocky. I'm leaning towards the latter. Apparently he thinks that you have to take art classes to know anything at all. Today he confronted me in the cafeteria at break, and now there's some kind of conflict he's trying to start.

He wants the Knowledge Bowl team to send forth their artsiest member (that isn't also in AP Art History) to take him on in a one-on-one Knowledge Bowl round on various art subjects. The rest of the team volunteered me for this, and now I have to defend our collective honors against this person who is just attacking us blindly. It's like an 80's movie, but instead of karate and punching he has insults and art. Instead of being an awkward nerd, I'm an awkward nerd.

Time to load Wikipedia and get my freak on.

Whip his tail. Or at least match him in prowess. That'll deflate him.
Nothing important here, move along.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38041 on: October 07, 2011, 07:08:57 pm »

I'll certainly try. I have to learn art for Knowledge Bowl anyway; I may as well start now.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38042 on: October 07, 2011, 07:10:13 pm »

I have other sweaters, but not many, and this one was my favorite one.  Now I will have to break in another sweater until it smells like me and fits right and is always just the right amount of warm and is the first thing I think of when I'm cold.

And that will be a lot of work :I  And until then, I will be very uncomfortable, because I will be wearing something that I no longer recognize as The Sweater.

Might have to go back to corduroy jackets for a while... hm.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38043 on: October 07, 2011, 07:22:20 pm »

Art history has always been my bane of a subject. I just want to know how to art better. As much as the old masters can grant me lessons the only practical way they can do as such is through books, and art books are notoriously useless. You gotta have another person there helping you and breaking down these lessons. I am still required to do research and know the subject of art history though.

It's a large solid block of questionable knowledge and in the case of postmodern history pretentiousness, and I with you all luck in tackling it down to the ground and smacking around an art history buff.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #38044 on: October 07, 2011, 07:28:12 pm »

I'll certainly try. I have to learn art for Knowledge Bowl anyway; I may as well start now.
While cramming for it make sure to listen to this song.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38045 on: October 07, 2011, 07:46:07 pm »

Funny. I only get so attached to jeans.
Probably because sweaters/sirts/basically anything I wear on my upper body doesn't seem 'right'/to fit/appears to look bad.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38046 on: October 07, 2011, 07:47:33 pm »

I get attached to everything, but especially things I can wear over and over again without washing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #38047 on: October 07, 2011, 07:48:47 pm »

I take much care in my jeans and jackets because a. Usually t-shirts look like crap on me, and b. I don't usually have many of either. And if I don't like a shirt, and the others are currently dirty, I just zip up my jacket and move on.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38048 on: October 07, 2011, 07:55:01 pm »

I am sad that we have a very angry person on these forums.
I am even saddened by the fact that there are people, who seem to take pleasure in encouraging this person's anger.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38049 on: October 07, 2011, 07:59:01 pm »

Funny you say that. You could be talking about me at times.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38050 on: October 07, 2011, 08:02:45 pm »

I am even saddened by the fact that there are people, who seem to take pleasure in encouraging this person's anger.

... That IS sad.  People shouldn't bait people.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38051 on: October 07, 2011, 08:07:49 pm »

Who's the really angry person? :(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38052 on: October 07, 2011, 08:08:49 pm »

Who's the really angry person? :(

Eh, I'd rather not say, but do not mention babies..

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38053 on: October 07, 2011, 08:09:30 pm »

I am sad that we have a very angry person on these ddened by the fact that there are people, who seem to take pleasure in encouraging this person's anger.
he  was kidding and you believed it
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38054 on: October 07, 2011, 08:10:10 pm »

I am sad that we have a very angry person on these ddened by the fact that there are people, who seem to take pleasure in encouraging this person's anger.
he  was kidding and you believed it

It went so far it got a thread locked.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:11:46 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 2535 2536 [2537] 2538 2539 ... 8167