Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2534 2535 [2536] 2537 2538 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435562 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38025 on: October 07, 2011, 12:21:01 pm »

Well hey Toony, if you need help with that chemistry, I can probably help you. :D
IONIC or just CHEMICAL REACTIONS in general as well as QUANTUM LEVELS and all those ANGULAR MOMENTUMS and SUBSHELLS.
Now that is uncalled for, what did a chemical reaction ever do to you?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #38026 on: October 07, 2011, 01:01:34 pm »

Oral maths exam on Monday. Gotta study up some dozen or so questions. The maths isn't too bad, it's just the speaking in front of people. I fucking hate that.

EDIT: Okay, so 4 questions actually needing completed, then the whole stuff studied.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:08:36 pm by Simmura McCrea »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38027 on: October 07, 2011, 02:30:13 pm »

Just picked up my new pair of glasses. Nearly $700.  :o

For that much money, I'd expect them to have integrated laser targeting and be able to stream Netflix. But no, they just make me un-blind. Which is nice and all, but still...

My new ones will only cost $200, and they'll at least have yellow polycarbonate lenses.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #38028 on: October 07, 2011, 03:27:05 pm »

Finished reading 1 over zero.
It's.
It's it's it's... Over?...
Already?...
Damn...
*Lesson, don't watch all of your favorite comic or anime or such in one binge, kids!*

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38029 on: October 07, 2011, 03:28:03 pm »

So much to do, so much to do...
I hope I'll find enough time to read that text for todays lecture.
Something went terribly wrong considering that I go to university five times a week...
Five times a week is pretty common for Freshmen at least.

I'm on campus right now of course.  I'm here a lot.
Well, friend starting psychology only has to be there 3 times per week.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38030 on: October 07, 2011, 03:31:14 pm »

Yeah that makes sense.  My business major friend goes four days a week.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38031 on: October 07, 2011, 03:49:37 pm »

I've only got 3 days a week right now (Chemical engineering & chemistry, my department is fancy enough to give you a degree in both :P . Doing my master in the direction of organic chemistry). I'm spending the other 2 days ate the uni working on assignments, rehashing lectures and finishing a project from the bachelor phase and, if time permits, doing analysis work for the organic lab (they pay pretty much double what I'd get in a store or something similar).

Next semester it's going to be 5 days again, of which 2 are only half. However, during that period I've got some classes who's time tables overlap (the joy of mixing lectures from Organic Chemistry, polymers and materials chemistry in 1 semester. Thank god I don't have anything semiconductor related in that block as well or it'd be a veritable mess), so I'll probably spend the remaining time with video colleges. Which reminds me I need to get headphones for that.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:53:10 pm by Virex »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38032 on: October 07, 2011, 03:54:17 pm »

They have a class just for semiconductors?  Haha.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38033 on: October 07, 2011, 04:05:33 pm »

Oh, plenty, the nanomaterials master track of our physics department is something like 50% semiconductors, so that quickly adds up. I'm following a handful of those courses (Functional Nanomaterials, Organic Electronics and Solar cells to be precise), since I'm focusing on organic semiconductors and molecular self-assembly. I've also got a course dedicated solely to the mechanics behind the absorption of light by molecules (physical organic chemistry & photochemistry) and next semester I'll be following one dedicated to self-assembly of molecules at interfaces.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:08:41 pm by Virex »

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38034 on: October 07, 2011, 04:25:06 pm »

Work is being a little bullshitty lately. Might have to stick my neck out for a coworker and I hate sticking my neck out, but I'd rather do that than do nothing :-\

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38035 on: October 07, 2011, 05:08:28 pm »

First day of work complete, but it's too late to do any of the fiddly stuff I need to do to finish the whole move-in thing, like actually get my address officially changed at my bank and the post office and crap. Also, due to parking shenanigans that end up saving me 20ish dollars (dollars, I add, that I dearly need right now), I'm waiting till past midnight to move my car, but this means I can't go get groceries I desperately need until tomorrow morning. Hospital food here is decent, but obnoxiously overpriced even with University dining halls as my frame of reference. It's still cheaper than moving my car, though, so I guess that's alright.

EDIT: Oh, and nasty headaches, bleh.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:19:10 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38036 on: October 07, 2011, 06:45:24 pm »

*sigh*

My mom accidentally ruined my favorite sweater.  I've been wearing it every day for a long time now.

I'm pretty bummed about that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38037 on: October 07, 2011, 06:47:18 pm »

Work is being a little bullshitty lately. Might have to stick my neck out for a coworker and I hate sticking my neck out, but I'd rather do that than do nothing :-\

Olemars has a conscience? This  made me happy today.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #38038 on: October 07, 2011, 06:49:27 pm »

Ah, the ruination of the favorite Jacket/sweater incident. It gives you a feeling of "great. Now What?" Doesn't it? (But then that may just be a result of my surroundings, it's rare for me to get new jackets :-/)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38039 on: October 07, 2011, 07:02:24 pm »

I asked the AP Art History teacher if I could unofficially join the class so that I could learn about art, but she said no. Apparently there's "no way in hell" I could catch up after being a month behind. A friend of mine in the class is just going to start giving me the directions for assignments so that I can learn along. I was really hoping to participate in class discussions, though. Bummer.

In other news, I have heard tell of one of the AP Art students who is supposedly magical at art stuff and loves to flaunt it. He went so far as to say he could take on the entire Knowledge Bowl team on art questions. Either he's really good, or really cocky. I'm leaning towards the latter. Apparently he thinks that you have to take art classes to know anything at all. Today he confronted me in the cafeteria at break, and now there's some kind of conflict he's trying to start.

He wants the Knowledge Bowl team to send forth their artsiest member (that isn't also in AP Art History) to take him on in a one-on-one Knowledge Bowl round on various art subjects. The rest of the team volunteered me for this, and now I have to defend our collective honors against this person who is just attacking us blindly. It's like an 80's movie, but instead of karate and punching he has insults and art. Instead of being an awkward nerd, I'm an awkward nerd.

Time to load Wikipedia and get my freak on.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 2534 2535 [2536] 2537 2538 ... 8167