Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2467 2468 [2469] 2470 2471 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430255 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #37020 on: September 16, 2011, 05:05:06 pm »

The closer and closer time reaches plus infinity, the closer and closer I will become perfect.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #37021 on: September 16, 2011, 05:11:43 pm »

MY HAIR IS FULL OF SPIDERS

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Related to this, I got a bee stuck in my hair today. Seriously, I was on my way to the bus this morning, and this bee came out of nowhere and flew into my hair.

It was a beet annoying how that little bee-otch stung me. Though I'm lucky enough to not bee allergic to them, they still hurt terribee.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37022 on: September 16, 2011, 05:29:37 pm »

Beeloody puns. How can you bee so insensitive to those of us who have a phobia of bees? It's like you're beeing delibeerately beead.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37023 on: September 16, 2011, 05:55:40 pm »

Runny nose. Can't concentrate on anything. Exam next week. Feelings of BLEH are at 98%.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37024 on: September 16, 2011, 06:24:35 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/advocates-repealing-don-t-ask-don-t-tell-201523279.html

"I also want a retirement. I lost all retirement benefits when they kicked me out."

"Vasquez worked her way up from enlisted recruit to sergeant first class, but she would have to re-enlist three grades lower...."

Land of the free; home of the brave. The comments submitted on the bottom too.... That's all I'm gonna say about it.

My favorite hate comment: :(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:36:13 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37025 on: September 16, 2011, 06:35:01 pm »

In one hour, I will be starting the infiltration mission from hell.

I will have to attempt acting completely normal despite having an enormous chalk stain down my right trouser leg, thanks to math class today.

I also put the wrong thing on hold, which pisses me off.  I was going to get out a novel and instead I got the reading guide.  That's just disappointing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37026 on: September 16, 2011, 07:15:28 pm »

I will have to attempt acting completely normal despite having an enormous chalk stain down my right trouser leg, thanks to math class today.
Time for a bit of bluff? It was a tough nut to crack, fighting us at every step. It even went for my leg, but in the end we brought the monstrosity to it's knees and fucking solved it!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37027 on: September 16, 2011, 07:21:40 pm »

The better bluff: "What stain? What... here? I don't see anything. Are you feeling alright?"
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #37028 on: September 16, 2011, 07:31:27 pm »

If you hear this, RUN.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37029 on: September 16, 2011, 07:32:08 pm »

People have been discussing my mental state without telling me. They suspect I may have Asperger's syndrome, I've suspected I may have that or some form of autism for a long time myself... I may have to consider actually getting a diagnosis on my mental issues. I am not looking foward to talking to anyone and I'm worried that the results would be used against me in the future though. I'm going to have to devote some time to weighing the pros and cons of this.
My personality profile.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37030 on: September 16, 2011, 07:34:59 pm »

It's never a bad idea to talk to a doctor. I'd be in a much worse off position had I not talked to someone and gotten medication for ADHD.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37031 on: September 16, 2011, 07:35:27 pm »

Well, remember, whether you do or not changes nothing about you. The diagnosis can only verify something that was always true; you are still you.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37032 on: September 16, 2011, 07:37:42 pm »

Though, if possible, try to get it off the record. Knowing and knowing how to deal is good, having other people know might not be. Having it on publicly accessible record about twice as likely as that.

Depending on where you are, anyway. Diagnosed 'mental conditions' in the states can close some doors, even if they don't impact functionality :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #37033 on: September 16, 2011, 07:39:10 pm »

You say that like it's a done deal. It could merely be you're normal with a side order of anxiety or some other minor aspect which the average non-medical person will mistake for Aspergers.

Also, apparently there has been a plane crash within the past hour or 2; a plane at some sort of airshow in Reno crashed quite close to the spectator area, with the possibility of casualties among the crowd.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44556695/ns/us_news-life/
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 07:41:40 pm by alway »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37034 on: September 16, 2011, 07:40:29 pm »

Also, apparently there has been a plane crash within the past hour or 2; a plane at some sort of airshow in Reno crashed quite close to the spectator area, with the possibility of casualties among the crown.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44556695/ns/us_news-life/
Wait, the royal family was there?

Edit: Disregard that, I'm like a grasshopper on a field of false conclusions...
Pages: 1 ... 2467 2468 [2469] 2470 2471 ... 8167