Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2465 2466 [2467] 2468 2469 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435368 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36990 on: September 15, 2011, 08:39:47 pm »

Here comes their newest innovation! Windows 8 is being developed specifically for tablet PCs. I was raging about it, but then it left a hollow pit in my stomach. So here I am.
Neither an innovation or a particularly annoying development. It's just like Windows CE.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36991 on: September 15, 2011, 08:41:27 pm »

I think that he means that the next PRIMARY/FLAGSHIP version of Windows would be for Tablet PCs...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #36992 on: September 15, 2011, 08:42:32 pm »

Hopefully the every other rule will apply here.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36993 on: September 15, 2011, 09:24:50 pm »

I'm about to rage quit my calculus homework. No, I don't know what x is if lnx+ln(x-1)=1. I don't care what it is. Nobody cares. This isn't even calculus, you're just throwing random logarithmic functions about. Poor show, calculus assignment. Shame.

Why am I doing my homework now? I should be sleeping now. I still have an article to read and twelve comprehensive questions to formulate. Damn you, procrastination.

I think I might be able to read the article over breakfast, complete this assignment before school, and write the questions during calculus and history. I might even get away with only half of the questions at the start of class.

That settles it. I'm off to sleep. I'll solve my procrastination issues later.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36994 on: September 15, 2011, 09:27:43 pm »

x^2 - x - e = 0.  Use the quadratic formula!  Yay!

(Sorry, I do these compulsively =/)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36995 on: September 15, 2011, 09:47:12 pm »

That settles it. I'm off to sleep. I'll solve my procrastination issues later.
This may be a better idea than it sounds. I suppose I can't speak for you, but I always do better work on adequate sleep and less time than more time and inadequate sleep.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36996 on: September 15, 2011, 09:47:29 pm »

x^2 - x - e = 0.  Use the quadratic formula!  Yay!

(Sorry, I do these compulsively =/)
I knew it would happen as soon as he posted it.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36997 on: September 15, 2011, 11:10:20 pm »

Just had an exhausting debate but I think I finally got him.

It was a problem of evil debate and the guy just could not grasp what I was saying to him.  He kept circling with "If God is omnipotent than he can make the sum total of evil zero, since it's not he doesn't exist"

I told him that if God is omnipotent then God can want there to be zero evil and then make a world with nonzero evil because an omnipotent god isn't constrained by logic.  He can cook a burrito (A burrito that is a sphere where pi=3) so hot even he can't eat it, and then eat it anyway.

That shut him up.

It makes me sad because I (Along with a few other people) spent about two hours trying to get him to grasp our arguments but he couldn't.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:12:14 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36998 on: September 15, 2011, 11:15:43 pm »

no
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:52:43 am by Reudh »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36999 on: September 15, 2011, 11:19:58 pm »

Spoiler: probably not the place (click to show/hide)

Writers want to kill other writers to thin the competition, that's all I can think of. That sounds like a rough place to have to deal with, yeah.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:21:58 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37000 on: September 15, 2011, 11:30:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37001 on: September 15, 2011, 11:36:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In other news, Bauglir Needs Apartment Badly.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37002 on: September 15, 2011, 11:53:19 pm »

Kael is hosting Akylon's Minecraft server 24/7. While this would normally be a happy thing, I'm sad because of 2 reasons:
1. WHY NOT TERRARIA ARRRRGGGHHHH RAEG
2. The more sensible reason: I can't play Minecraft because my graphics card sucks too much.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37003 on: September 16, 2011, 01:13:02 am »

Wow, I am just way too tired.  I've basically hit the point of no return here with my sleep need and it's to bed with me... =/

I hate how humans need to do this thing.  It's really annoying.  I wish I could be awake all the time with no negative repercussions, and then also be able to sleep whenever I wanted to, too.  Because that would be the best.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37004 on: September 16, 2011, 02:07:33 am »

Kael is hosting Akylon's Minecraft server 24/7. While this would normally be a happy thing, I'm sad because of 2 reasons:
1. WHY NOT TERRARIA ARRRRGGGHHHH RAEG
2. The more sensible reason: I can't play Minecraft because my graphics card sucks too much.
You can't play MINECRAFT because of your graphics card? Mind = blown.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.
Pages: 1 ... 2465 2466 [2467] 2468 2469 ... 8167