Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2461 2462 [2463] 2464 2465 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439178 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36930 on: September 15, 2011, 12:03:52 am »

I keep getting bloody noses in the shower.
Hmmm... My sister used to always get those. Do you think it may be the steam from the water?
I think it's because I turn the water up too hot and just go like "nah screw it", thus overheating and exploding some blood vessel somewhere in my nose.

I keep getting bloody noses in the shower. They're very difficult to stop without some sort of tissue or something to stuff up your nose and absorb the blood.
Pressure works a lot better. Just press on your nose on the side of the bleeding near the top and it should stop fairly quickly.
It's still slower than if you had a tissue stuck in your nose. It does work though!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36931 on: September 15, 2011, 12:34:17 am »

Gah. I'm so damn bored today.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36932 on: September 15, 2011, 01:47:49 am »

Good news, there's an Ages of Empires Online.  It's a free game, I was ready to try it out today.  Except I can't.  I have to login to Windows Live (no problem there, still remember some trashy hotmail account I signed up for ages ago) but then it asks for a product key.  On a free game.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36933 on: September 15, 2011, 02:02:51 am »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:13:26 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36934 on: September 15, 2011, 02:13:44 am »

I feel obligated to talk to them because that group (Autism Speaks) considers the autistic community to not actually include the autistic people themselves.

I dunno.  I'm wondering if I'm not too upset to do anything.  I'm so tired of this.  I'm tired of the awareness that amplifies the disorder and erases the presence of the human beings involved.  Why don't people know any autistic people if it's so widespread?  I know loads!  More than I need!  And it seems that other people don't notice them existing thanks to society's erasure and shaming.

I don't know.

This is stupid.

Having looked at what I'm guessing is their official site, they mention that apparently an ASD is more common in males than females. If I'm remembering correctly, isn't it more correct that it is harder to diagnose it in females? I doubt the numbers they're citing and especially the idea that the prevalence increasing ten percent each year. 1 in 110? Ten years, 1 in 55, twenty years 1 in 27.5. Combine that 'fear mongering', including what you say about their discounting of autistic people from the 'autism community'...

Am I the only one thinking of a eugenics program?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36935 on: September 15, 2011, 04:54:29 am »

Somehow we all needed too rush to get everything done at work but still failed. I felt responsible and stayed until way after I stopped being paid.

Why don't people know any autistic people if it's so widespread?
This is stupid.
There were many students with Asperger's syndrome in my year at college. More per head than I've known anywhere else. I live opposite a guy who has it also. Conversely I've not met anyone with "classic autism".
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36936 on: September 15, 2011, 05:07:44 am »

I keep getting bloody noses in the shower.
Hmmm... My sister used to always get those. Do you think it may be the steam from the water?

I used to be a heavy nose bleeder myself. Its pretty common if you have a very prominant vein inside your nose for it to constantly bleed. You basically (through every day use, blowing your nose, picking at it, bumping it) weaken the vein wall, it really doesn't grow back as strong as it used to. I got my frizzled (they stick some charged metal up your nose and cauterize it) and it worked really well.

Things that cause nosebleeds do include showers, the heat agitates the vein i think, drinking alcohol aswell. Things you can do to stop a nose bleed, include tilting your head forward and blocking the FLESHY part, not that bone, thats pointless, sucking on ice (works wonders) and calming down and not doing any serious physical activity for a while.

If its a regular thing go to a doctors and they'll recommend a course of action. Its really minor in the scale of things to go wrong with you, buuuut it is fucking annoying when it does happen.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36937 on: September 15, 2011, 05:33:30 am »

Waking up with my hair tangled up on the headboard of my bed (it's a load of metal bars really) took about 10 minutes to free myself.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36938 on: September 15, 2011, 05:53:17 am »

Arr! An old friend is in town and despite my best efforts, I can not get in contact with her. I don't think we will get to catch up...
Heart breaking.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36939 on: September 15, 2011, 05:55:29 am »

Ouch headshot
I had a concussion, from falling off of a trampoline and getting my leg caught in the springs and then well, you know, the frame. I was out for a full minute and couldn't see right for an hour or two, but other then that I'm okay.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36940 on: September 15, 2011, 08:05:38 am »

Paranoiding about neurological diseases.... I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36941 on: September 15, 2011, 08:29:35 am »

Gah. Internet stupidity is pissing me off. No, spllng lk ths will not get your point across. Nor will writing in all caps or adding 15 exclaimation marks at the end of your post.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36942 on: September 15, 2011, 08:34:18 am »

Paranoiding about neurological diseases.... I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it.
It may be stupid to tell you, but you may have hypochondria...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36943 on: September 15, 2011, 08:49:17 am »

Ice addict on the train threatened to slit everyone's throats. FRANKSTON LINE, GAH. He hopped off, some teenagers hopped on from the local school who started a punch on, of course making everyone else have to witness it.

This is why I hate going to Frankston.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36944 on: September 15, 2011, 08:50:19 am »

Ice addict on the train threatened to slit everyone's throats. FRANKSTON LINE, GAH. He hopped off, some teenagers hopped on from the local school who started a punch on, of course making everyone else have to witness it.

This is why I hate going to Frankston.

Oh, god, at this time of night?

There's a reason we call the place Franksghanistan.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 2461 2462 [2463] 2464 2465 ... 8167