Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2458 2459 [2460] 2461 2462 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440799 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36885 on: September 14, 2011, 10:31:34 am »

I don't rage so often. I usually only get mildly miffed.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36886 on: September 14, 2011, 11:15:03 am »

I think the joke was "and this post should've been in another thread {rage thread} instead of this one as well...." :)

That was a good one. If brevity is the soul of wit, subtlety is its substance.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36887 on: September 14, 2011, 11:22:25 am »

Great, now we're gonna wind up with a "Things that made you mildly miffed today" thread.... :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #36888 on: September 14, 2011, 11:26:17 am »

I'd like to know why probably >half of my friends offline are queer.  Of the "female" friends I've made, one ended up being agendered, and two were actually, you know... men.  And then most of these people are also fair game for pin the tail on the autism spectrum, or other mental illnesses/disabilities.  Probably >half people of color, too.

This is starting to get really awkward and strange.

I woke up at 2 and I've been doing math for 4 hours.  Why can't I have a normal life?  Why?

I think "queer" or "unusual" is far more usual than a lot of people want to admit or notice. There have been many times in my life where I don't think I knew any entirely heterosexual women.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36889 on: September 14, 2011, 11:30:34 am »

I'd like to know why probably >half of my friends offline are queer.  Of the "female" friends I've made, one ended up being agendered, and two were actually, you know... men.  And then most of these people are also fair game for pin the tail on the autism spectrum, or other mental illnesses/disabilities.  Probably >half people of color, too.

This is starting to get really awkward and strange.

I woke up at 2 and I've been doing math for 4 hours.  Why can't I have a normal life?  Why?

"If you build it they will come." You are accepting of queer people, in a country where many are not. Thus, the queer people see this, and seeking acceptance, come to you. :). Are you secretly an acceptance magnet Vector? :) I imagine you can replace "queer" with other types of people in these sentences and it still fits.

Also just been court appointed in juvenile court on atrocious custody and abuse case.... :(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:34:49 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #36890 on: September 14, 2011, 11:31:02 am »

Red Tide finally showed up in the ocean around my place again. Gonna be a smelly week (or few days, I'm hoping), so no walking on the beach or swimming in the water for a good while; even going outside would be a bit much when it gets warm out. :(

On another note, this could be an interesting feature Toady could implement for DF (for those island and beachside forts). Just imagine plenty of miasma clouds coming from the waters every other season (with (patches of) water turning red/brown from the algae, plankton, and dead fish) for a short while as (rotten) fish wash up on shore. The water and/or miasma could have a chance of giving basic sicknesses to dwarves (and any other creature; based on experience of getting a sore throat or a cold from too much Red Tide being breathed in (or by swimming in it) before).

Other Red Tide Facts:
Red Tide Fact Sheet

Like I said, it could be an interesting feature to include. Fun as hell when it strikes your town. Good source of ‼FUN‼ (miasma being the straw that breaks the emotional camel's back) for fortresses when it's unexpected; especially if fish is your main source of food (poisonous shellfish), or you build your fort on top of the water. Irritated lungs are also a fun hindrance for fort dwellers and adventurers as well. Just imagine widespread sore throat sicknesses and such for a short while in a fort out of nowhere. Your hospitals will be having some fun diagnosing and helping out the infected.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:47:26 am by Itnetlolor »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36891 on: September 14, 2011, 12:39:34 pm »

Cheese. It's goddamn everywhere.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36892 on: September 14, 2011, 12:40:38 pm »

Shouldn't that be in the happy thread? Cheese is friggin' awesome.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36893 on: September 14, 2011, 01:00:38 pm »

Shouldn't that be in the happy thread? Cheese is friggin' awesome.
Yes it is. Unless you're lactose-intolerant. Or like my son, are flat-out milk-allergic. Trying to find dairy-free food in the United States, especially if you're eating out, is a serious pain. Doubly so for kids' food. The more I notice this, and the more I read up on the dairy lobby in the US and "Dairy Management", the FDA-supported trade group that sits around coming up with new places to stuff cheese....I mean, I feel ridiculous ranting about the evil of "Big Cheese", especially as I grew up surrounded by dairy farms and my grandfather worked for 32 years for a dairy. But now that biology requires me to try and avoid it....it's a real problem. I'm not an anti-dairy crusader or one of those people that thinks cow milk should be only for baby cows. I just wish it wasn't so ubiquitous, and am bothered by the fact that an organization continues to get hundreds of millions of dollars a year to come up with ways to get us to eat MORE cheese and milk and ice cream, when it's already nigh-unavoidable.

So yeah...love cheese, hate its pushers.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #36894 on: September 14, 2011, 01:05:26 pm »

God damn the pusher man!
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36895 on: September 14, 2011, 01:10:17 pm »

Just got sassed by a girl for asking about her "ask me about Autism Speaks" button in a rhetoric course.

Fuck my life.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36896 on: September 14, 2011, 01:20:55 pm »

God damn the pusher man!
I'm telling ya man, it starts off so innocent..."You want extra cheese on that pizza? Would you like to add cheese to your burger? How about some fried mozzarella sticks?"

Then before you know it, you're in a dingy backalley eating Velveeta straight out of the tube. Knocking over a 7-11 to get your fromage fix. Blowing $1000 in a brie-and-hookers weekend binge. It's sad....so sad.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36897 on: September 14, 2011, 01:40:05 pm »

Have a strong craving to play JRPGs right now.
I hope Amazon hurries up.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:47:54 pm by Mindmaker »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36898 on: September 14, 2011, 01:42:59 pm »

I think you want craving =)  Carving is what you do to dead and roasted ducks with knives, or wood in order to make a statue.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36899 on: September 14, 2011, 01:45:06 pm »

Or pumpkins, come next month.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 2458 2459 [2460] 2461 2462 ... 8167