Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2454 2455 [2456] 2457 2458 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443717 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36825 on: September 13, 2011, 06:57:26 pm »

I sigged the last guy who said that.

Unfortunately my sig is full right now.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36826 on: September 13, 2011, 06:58:36 pm »

I can't seem to post something witty or funny enough to get sigged :'(
I rarely post witty and funny things, yet I get sigged all the time.
*Hugs*

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36827 on: September 13, 2011, 07:00:34 pm »

Make a post in the sigtext thread. Never have to worry about limits again, or at least until you run out of space in the post. But then you could make a new post, so effectively you have infinite sig space within the limits of the server.

I tried stuffing a building in a cargo ship when the cargo ship was about 10 times too small. I didn't notice this immediately. ::)

I rarely post witty and funny things, yet I get sigged all the time.
I'm adding that to the MoM shrine, just because.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36828 on: September 13, 2011, 07:01:32 pm »

Make a post in the sigtext thread.
I did, but since I never click those links I figured that I shouldn't expect others to do the same for me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36829 on: September 13, 2011, 07:05:46 pm »

So, here's the deal with my roommate.

She's basically taking over shared space.  There's a large set of shelves in the bathroom, shared between three people.  She's slowly expanded her possessions to take all available space and leave no one else any space of their own; more than that, pretty much everything she owns is disgusting because she puts no effort into maintaining it (example: electric toothbrush with a thick layer of dry toothpaste caked on the head, from halfway down the neck, making an unbroken line all the way over the top of the handle).  We have a fridge we share; each of us has a shelf, and we share the bottom.  She uses the entire bottom, most of the top, and part of the middle (hint: the middle is mine).  We have a little table for dry goods.  She's taken over all of my side of that, too, but left big blank spots on her side.  Her discarded clothing and bedding are flung on all three of the (communal) living room couches, she's left books she isn't reading or using on the coffee table, there's pots with water and little bits of green stuff in them on 3/4 of the stove's burners, and she didn't clean the bathroom last week--so of course it defaults to me.

I don't like living here very much right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36830 on: September 13, 2011, 07:07:29 pm »

Take her stuff and put it where it belongs. If there's no space left, find a suitable alternative (read: the bin or something)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #36831 on: September 13, 2011, 07:08:02 pm »

I mean seriously, I've nearly reached the 1500 post mile stone, and I Haven't. Been. Sigged. Once. Ah, well. Time to stop whining and try to get myself sigged!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36832 on: September 13, 2011, 07:09:28 pm »

Don't worry, it took Jay 3k posts to get sigged.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36833 on: September 13, 2011, 07:11:18 pm »

I'll be doing that when she gets over her current allergic reaction, as well as putting labels on the shelves in the refrigerator and so on.

The real problem is that I've been moving and moving her stuff, and she gets upset whenever anyone basically tells her: "Look, you're living with four other people, you don't get to treat this house like it's all your own personal litter box and shit it all up."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36834 on: September 13, 2011, 07:12:39 pm »

and she gets upset
I don't see how that would be of any concern. Unless she gets vindictive or something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36835 on: September 13, 2011, 07:14:36 pm »

Fine: she just gets upset, doesn't change anything, and treats other people like crap because she can.  I don't think she has any sense of morality that says "Oh, I shouldn't do this because it's wrong," so anyone who gets in escalation with her just ends up in a pyrrhic war, nothing reasonable where she actually backs off and does anything.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36836 on: September 13, 2011, 07:37:14 pm »

And this is why I am so eager to move out of my family's house. Fortunately it hasn't been happening much lately due to some fairly strict partitioning of the house, including a locked door in the basement, but my brother and sister fight like that about moving things all the damn time, and Vectron help you if you are anywhere nearby or contributed somehow (unwittingly or no). Possibly it just has to do with being siblings, but goddamn. And my brother's starting to redevelop a similar attitude toward leaving his stuff around, if more lethargic about getting upset (he doesn't change his behavior, but he doesn't fight about it at all).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36837 on: September 13, 2011, 07:51:12 pm »

*sigh*
So we finally came together and got talking about that whole flat search business.
Looks like I'll be the one doing the majority of the work.

Guess it's only fair after they've been helping me out in school for 3 years, due to my total lack of technical skills.
Still don't like it though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36838 on: September 13, 2011, 08:13:59 pm »

Fine: she just gets upset, doesn't change anything, and treats other people like crap because she can.  I don't think she has any sense of morality that says "Oh, I shouldn't do this because it's wrong," so anyone who gets in escalation with her just ends up in a pyrrhic war, nothing reasonable where she actually backs off and does anything.
Make strong front with other roomies, devolve into trench warfare in living room, hope for her economy to crash?
Love, scriver~

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36839 on: September 13, 2011, 09:05:53 pm »

Gah. Dress clothes. I don't understand. Is this why fancy people are always so grumpy with non-fancy people? So much work and discomfort...

On the up side, all I need now is a jacket, and I can pull Slender Man pranks effectively. Well, my clothes are rather baggy, so perhaps not.

I hope this stuff breathes better than I think. I'll have to spend six hours wearing it tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 2454 2455 [2456] 2457 2458 ... 8167