Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2451 2452 [2453] 2454 2455 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446544 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36780 on: September 12, 2011, 03:47:24 pm »

In case it wasn't clear, I was simply clarifying what I meant, and pointing out that such a thing is feasible in the short term.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36781 on: September 12, 2011, 07:20:53 pm »

Nice.  My classes just ended when it came up it seems.  Timing ftw?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36782 on: September 12, 2011, 07:22:16 pm »

The forums were just waiting for you man.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #36783 on: September 12, 2011, 08:30:28 pm »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36784 on: September 12, 2011, 08:33:35 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36785 on: September 12, 2011, 09:32:29 pm »

Some guy was either flirting with me, or harassing me.  I'm not sure which.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36786 on: September 12, 2011, 09:34:13 pm »

Some guy was either flirting with me, or harassing me.  I'm not sure which.

Isn't that what it usually sounds like?  Call it flirting and feel good about yourself for fobbing him off.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36787 on: September 12, 2011, 09:34:24 pm »

That must either be the creepiest harasser or the worst flirter ever.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36788 on: September 12, 2011, 09:36:32 pm »

My guess is "trying to flirt", but since that doesn't resolve the question of what he was succeeding in doing that probably doesn't help you. Given the lack of mutual exclusivity (I think undesired flirting usually falls under harassment, for instance) it's a murky question.[/nothing new]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36789 on: September 12, 2011, 09:50:32 pm »

He was flirting unpleasantly and in such a way that I wasn't sure if he was trying to falsely draw me into his confidences in order to drag the rug out from under me (because I'm easy to pick on), or chat me up (for flirting reasons, or in order to acquire a study partner).  There was also statements about sending emails back and forth with his friends about me, and he asked me for both my email address and whether I was going to be at the professor's office hours this Wednesday.  This was the first time we'd ever talked...

Either way, it didn't feel so good.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing about it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36790 on: September 12, 2011, 10:47:35 pm »

I think he was flirting... badly.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36791 on: September 12, 2011, 11:03:57 pm »

Feh.

Well, I'll just wait and see if he's worth flirting back with.  The flattery was kind of nice, all the same ':3

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36792 on: September 13, 2011, 02:41:34 am »

Casual racism from a co-worker about Polish immigrants. The irony being that he is also an immigrant but of different descent. What's worse is that it was embedded in a dirty story itself embedded in a series of one sided sexual brags. I don't know why he feels the need to talk about this kind of thing non stop.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36793 on: September 13, 2011, 04:01:24 am »

Woke up in the middle of the night and holy shit my head. More ibuprofen than is recommended and a shower have succeeded in reducing the amount of pain in any one place, but spreading it across my entire head instead of having it localized to just my left temple. Hooray diffusion. I didn't know it applied to senses. Also, intense nausea.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #36794 on: September 13, 2011, 05:42:22 am »

Casual racism from a co-worker about Polish immigrants. The irony being that he is also an immigrant but of different descent. What's worse is that it was embedded in a dirty story itself embedded in a series of one sided sexual brags. I don't know why he feels the need to talk about this kind of thing non stop.

He has a small dick.

Or, well, general inferiority complex stuff.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 2451 2452 [2453] 2454 2455 ... 8167