Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2428 2429 [2430] 2431 2432 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459199 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36435 on: September 05, 2011, 08:03:37 pm »

I just sent a message to some girl who followed me all last year/flirted/confessed love for me. (E.g. she joined my anime club and sat in the same desk as me. I'd been going to this school for maybe 4 months.)

I meant to tell her to go away and break her heart.
I'm apparently very bad at breaking hearts.

No, you just happened to be rather gullible. Everyone is at one point or another, and I expect that this is a mistake that you shall not make again.

EDIT: It suddenly occurs to me that I am not as confident that I know what you mean as I had supposed I was; such would make this post rather strange.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:06:39 pm by Fenrir »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36436 on: September 05, 2011, 08:09:39 pm »

I just sent a message to some girl who followed me all last year/flirted/confessed love for me. (E.g. she joined my anime club and sat in the same desk as me. I'd been going to this school for maybe 4 months.)

No, you just happened to be rather gullible. Everyone is at one point or another, and I expect that this is a mistake that you shall not make again.
The mistake of being nice to a random person who seemed like the kind of person who got picked on a lot? Perhaps. Or maybe I should have told her that I wasn't interested in dating her way before.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36437 on: September 05, 2011, 08:12:53 pm »

The mistake of being nice to a random person who seemed like the kind of person who got picked on a lot? Perhaps. Or maybe I should have told her that I wasn't interested in dating her way before.

Or maybe you should just ignore the strange little forum wolf with fingers quicker than his brain.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36438 on: September 05, 2011, 08:14:06 pm »

Flargh, bloody nightmares, can't sleep ><
Thank fuck I'm off tomorrow
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36439 on: September 05, 2011, 08:16:19 pm »

The easiest way to do that, in my experience, is not even knowing there even is anybody.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36440 on: September 05, 2011, 08:46:02 pm »

I've been really depressed for about two months, despite making over the top (literally 104%) in most classes. What the fuck.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36441 on: September 05, 2011, 08:47:32 pm »

There's more to happiness than good scores.

Heck, the year I had over 200% of the marks on a test was one of my worst!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36442 on: September 05, 2011, 08:47:52 pm »

I've been really depressed for about two months, despite making over the top (literally 104%) in most classes. What the fuck.
Maybe scoring well academically isn't what makes you happy.  I know it doesn't for me.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36443 on: September 05, 2011, 08:53:30 pm »

This is the first year I've ever been able to do that, so it should've felt great. And It's not like "I was expecting euphoria" It's more like I feel fucking horrible about everything and have no way to deal with it.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36444 on: September 05, 2011, 09:06:44 pm »

I passed up going to a college party today. There was booze and I'm underage so...

Forever Alone.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36445 on: September 05, 2011, 09:21:34 pm »

If it helps, booze isn't necessarily all that great (it's kind of like saying "And there was candy...", I mean we could be talking about anything from delicious Sour Warheads to nauseating candy corn awfulness) and you made the smart decision. Whether making the smart decision is what you want out of life is up to you to decide, but for what it's worth you have my approval. Probably not worth very much, but hey.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36446 on: September 05, 2011, 09:22:39 pm »

I like candy corn.

Edit: Oh shit. Made a costly mistake.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36447 on: September 05, 2011, 09:28:09 pm »

I know that many do, it was a silly example. You can fill in whatever candy you dislike, or even replace it with another similarly vague category such as "soup" or "fruit". >_____>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36448 on: September 05, 2011, 09:29:37 pm »

I like booze.

.P

Yeah but candy corn I like, though I know it's kinda hated. I dunno, I like the waxy texture and sugaryness.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36449 on: September 05, 2011, 09:33:50 pm »

Oh, don't get me wrong, I know how alcohol tastes. I'm not exactly a well-behaved Quaker schoolboy you know :P. I just didn't want to risk my college status by getting busted for it.

My roommate made this weird cocktail of coconut water and some other illicit drink and brought it to the party. Apparently it's guaranteed to make you puke or something I don't know.
Pages: 1 ... 2428 2429 [2430] 2431 2432 ... 8167