Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2421 2422 [2423] 2424 2425 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452914 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36330 on: September 03, 2011, 10:32:52 pm »

There's a party down the hall.  The noise is fucking unbearable.

I would go down and join, but I can't stand the sound all the way over here with the door closed.

Fucking hate this shit.  Want to buy new mental wiring.
This, except that I rarely have to deal with parties, and instead get to listen to overly loud music while doing projector stuff at church. In fact, I mostly only do the projector stuff because it's farther away from the speakers. :\

On-topic: If your bass is causing ground vibrations and scaring the dog of the kids trying to walk within 50 feet of you, you should probably turn down the goddamn bass. Not leave it at the same volume and drive by said kids twice.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36331 on: September 03, 2011, 11:01:44 pm »

There's a party down the hall.  The noise is fucking unbearable.

I would go down and join, but I can't stand the sound all the way over here with the door closed.

Fucking hate this shit.  Want to buy new mental wiring.

Oh,

And fuck Aristotle too.
Call the cops. Maybe they'll even be stupid and try to fight them when they show up.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36332 on: September 03, 2011, 11:30:48 pm »

I feel like there's a bug crawling in my left wrist. It's getting very annoying.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #36333 on: September 03, 2011, 11:33:46 pm »

I feel like there's a bug crawling in my left wrist. It's getting very annoying.
This?
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36334 on: September 03, 2011, 11:37:50 pm »

That is an... interesting word.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36335 on: September 03, 2011, 11:40:38 pm »

I know right! I had to read over it twice just to be sure.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36336 on: September 04, 2011, 12:12:52 am »

Nah, I'm not calling the cops on them.  It's my roommates + some friends, they're eight people, and the only reason why I'm having trouble is because of Asperger's, which I'm not telling anyone here about.

Now I'm upset because they tried to shame me into dancing to their music, "just dance" blah blah blah.  That, and a dude at the party decided he needed to explain a bunch of mathematical results to me, when they were obvious, famous things about which I knew twice as much as he did.  It'd be like someone grabbing a person of a different culture and telling them all about the things from their homeland as though they didn't know it (this is obviously a guy with no training and no reason to edify me).

I understand that they were trying to be nice, but I don't like it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36337 on: September 04, 2011, 12:25:34 am »

This?

Well, at least now I know what to call it~
Though, the article doesn't list schizophrenia induced tactile hallucinations as a cause, so is it really the same thing?~

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36338 on: September 04, 2011, 12:54:27 am »

[removed rambling]

EDIT: Its morning and I'm sane again.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:06:33 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36339 on: September 04, 2011, 01:39:41 am »

And fuck Aristotle too.
Hell yeah Aristotle sucks.

Was officially sanctioned by the Catholic church too, that can only help his street cred.

He also mocked heliocentric cosmologies.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36340 on: September 04, 2011, 01:43:20 am »

Honestly, his book is pretty okay, but it's also a bit...

Dunno.  I think it's a social skills manual I would have appreciated a lot more a few years ago, way back before I had to derive all this stuff myself.

I'm looking forward quite a bit more to the Poetics.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36341 on: September 04, 2011, 01:53:22 am »

And fuck Aristotle too.
Hell yeah Aristotle sucks.

Was officially sanctioned by the Catholic church too, that can only help his street cred.

He also mocked heliocentric cosmologies.

Good thing too on the last one. Because hey, it's not true.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36342 on: September 04, 2011, 01:57:33 am »

Yeah but he promoted sucessfully, the Earth-centred universe model, which is even worse. Which was held up as the standard by the catholic church for 1500 years, on Aristotles authority.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36343 on: September 04, 2011, 02:35:04 am »

*facepalm*
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36344 on: September 04, 2011, 03:18:42 am »

Aristotle wasn't even known by the church until the Crusades. Europe didn't have any of his works. Also, the reason he promoted the geocentric world view was because that was what his observations had shown. He was doing scientific work, in that case.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 2421 2422 [2423] 2424 2425 ... 8167