Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2407 2408 [2409] 2410 2411 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441032 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36120 on: August 30, 2011, 02:29:29 pm »

Looking around the computing building I couldn't find the office of my favorite professor (the one who taught the AI course). Turns out he decided to work somewhere else. D:

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36121 on: August 30, 2011, 03:34:25 pm »

I still have to find a job to help me get through school x_X  My mom keeps suggesting McDonalds.  The more I think about working at McDonalds, the more I hate it.

Don't do it. The "getting through college job" you want is gas station attendant. Its about 2 to 3 hours of cleaning, some cash register work and a half hour of paperwork a day. You get plenty of easy time to think and the labor isn't difficult.

Of course, there's the regular robberies to keep you on your toes.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36122 on: August 30, 2011, 04:39:05 pm »

Last night I was on the biggest endorphin high ever. No idea why, just felt good. The world was just a warm, loving place.
Woke up, and felt like absolute shit. I haven't been this depressed since highschool. Totally irrational, but still.

Fucking mood swings.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36123 on: August 30, 2011, 04:49:34 pm »

Why do I play this shitty online games? I dunno, to distract myself I guess.
I'd actually rather talk. And in the time of the internet it should be possible to find somebody like myself. Right? Right?

I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36124 on: August 30, 2011, 04:55:28 pm »

My shitty love life makes me sad. And my utterly stressful current situation

Then again, it might have been that I didn't eat in the whole day till night arrived. But I attributed it to my undeniably shitty love life.

Maybe hunger made me oversensitive of my shitty love life and stressful current situation?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36125 on: August 30, 2011, 05:17:27 pm »

Last night I was on the biggest endorphin high ever. No idea why, just felt good. The world was just a warm, loving place.
Woke up, and felt like absolute shit. I haven't been this depressed since highschool. Totally irrational, but still.

Fucking mood swings.
May be a backlash of the high. Run laps till you're completely exhausted, that ought to fix you up. Or at least you're too tired to think about how "bad" everything is going...

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36126 on: August 30, 2011, 05:25:23 pm »

My eyes... O_O  They're doing that thing again.  That thing where everything seems really far away, but somehow no farther away than normal.  Really distracting, and making me a little bit motion sick because it alternates between normal and far away x_X

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36127 on: August 30, 2011, 08:05:06 pm »

The state's dual enrollment program changed so that people with more high school classes don't get as many free community college credits. With my current high school course load, I only qualify for three credits per quarter. Not three classes, three credits. I need 15 more. What this means is that I have to drop Wind Ensemble and Physics II, plus possibly Electronics, though I'll still be attending them to learn things. Good job, State of Washington. You just saved yourself $200 in exchange for me losing six high school semesters of credit.

Fuck you, governor Gregoire. I'll be 18 just in time to help vote you out of office.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36128 on: August 30, 2011, 08:15:59 pm »

A friend of mine has no money for food and refuses to let me pay for it....

An envelope with cash in it "mysteriously" appeared where she found it. She's still waiting the 30 day period to check and see if anyone lost it.... I was afraid of that and that's why the envelope is a weird shade of brown with some markings on it. Just take the money you amazingly ethical but stubborn fool....

God Damn it, she has a kid.... God fucking damn it.... The county is being especially great assholes and won't do shit for her.  Budget problems my ass, the food assistance program was created to deal with people's budget problems especially when times were terrible. You hack.... The whole thing makes me want to throw up....

Hello again feelings of personal failure and inability to help, make yourself comfortable in all the old familiar places....

I just heard a knock at my door, answered it, found no one there, but found the envelope with all the money inside.... ??? How the hell did she know? She's probably pissed off at me now....

Fuck.... Fuuuuuuuck! God damn this straight to hell none of this makes any sense at all! You were so nice to me in school and this shouldn't have happened to you and I can help but you're too fucking proud? Or am I just not smart enough to see how....

Start inviting her out to dinner.  And lunch.  And brunch.  All the time.  That's friendly and helpful, hopefully.

I appreciate the advice, truly, but she's not going to let me....

She won't talk to me; says I lied to her and insulted her intelligence. Did I? [Sigh] Yeah I guess I lied. Screw it, I lied. I confess I absolutely did lie.... I ... shit ... shit ...I never meant to insult her intelligence.

Do the ends justify the means? I can't look at a mother and child without food whom I have know personally for years and do nothing when I have the means to remedy it. What am I supposed to do, let her and the kid fucking starve? Why? Am I way out of line thinking she's just being stubborn? I'm seriously worried where/if they're getting food. It's not like she hasn't helped me before and I can't figure this shit out.
I'm looking at 8x10 glossy photos of my friend doing drugs in an alleyway. I think its meth, maybe crack? I dunno. There's definitely a clearish pipe looking thing she's holding her lighter under with a bulb on the end. That much I know, that and this is the PI I'm using from now on.... Crazy, magnificent bastard, the timestamps say 5am.... Didn't expect anything from him for at least a couple days. I have a feeling this guy is expensive, but he works fast and well. Seems worth it.

This explains a lot, like why she had no money for food. Is meth expensive? Or is it that you just tend to get fired when you use a lot of it? The fuck did it come to this...?

After a bit in rehab, she told me she wouldn't take my money 'cause she knew she'd just buy drugs with it and she thought I'd get in trouble if she did....

She... was actually trying to protect... me.

God I'm a horrible person sometimes.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36129 on: August 30, 2011, 08:18:08 pm »

So're we all. *Internet Hug?*

EDIT: Added some emphasis to the quote for clarity.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36130 on: August 30, 2011, 08:23:09 pm »

After a bit in rehab, she told me she wouldn't take my money 'cause she knew she'd just buy drugs with it and she thought I'd get in trouble if she did....

She... was actually trying to protect... me.

Stuff like crystal meth aka ice etc only lasts a VERY short while. e.g. u get really high for like 30 seconds, then you need another hit to maintain that feeling. And it ain't cheap per gram pr whatever they sell it as so basically you can consume as much as you have in $$$$. There's a killer hangover effect though, but the users just take even more to cover that feeling up.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36131 on: August 30, 2011, 08:23:50 pm »

Oi hey, stop looking there. At that past deal. Go a bit back and look at the first thing you typed. "after some rehab". Your friend is dealing with this addiction yeah? Trying to make an improvement. You did exactly what you wanted, you helped your friend deal with whatever issue they were having that was starving their family of money. And you realized how much your friend cares about you as a bonus.

I really don't know enough about the situation to say for sure, but it seems you were a key part in getting your friend into rehab. If you didn't do what you did and travel down that path would the situation be better than it is now?

Kick back and have a cool one, you are an awesome person. Even awesome enough that your friend is chummy enough to tell you this. I would make some comment on having balls to do this but I don't know if that sort of joke would be ironic or super ironic.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:27:36 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36132 on: August 30, 2011, 08:50:39 pm »

My eyes... O_O  They're doing that thing again.  That thing where everything seems really far away, but somehow no farther away than normal.  Really distracting, and making me a little bit motion sick because it alternates between normal and far away x_X
Oh man, I used to get that when I was a kid. Everything feels kind of warped right? It used to terrify me.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36133 on: August 30, 2011, 09:10:48 pm »

Morality, I still suck at it :(. I feel even worse because I set a bad example for my brother. He is pretty much the opposite of me but still looks up to me. He does so primarily due to my self control and things such as me never stealing once in my life. I failed my brother as a role model. I'm going to have to talk to him tomorrow about it.

Ugh, I can't believe that I said I would sell some teenagers cough medicine for a 50% profit. Thats just horrible of me, I'm a horrible person :(.
My personality profile.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36134 on: August 30, 2011, 09:12:58 pm »

... Why are you selling it to them?  If it's just a normal thing, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't set a price, and if they go for a bad one, that's their problem.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2407 2408 [2409] 2410 2411 ... 8167