Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2404 2405 [2406] 2407 2408 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439246 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36075 on: August 29, 2011, 12:21:56 pm »

I think it's best just not to worry.  It might make you anxious or whatever but if you're able to do things you enjoy in the meanwhile it's fine.
This is the operative underlying issue at the moment. At least something I enjoy that does not classify solely as recreational, like watching movies and playing games with friends.

As it turns out the hurricane and earthquake caused enough disruptions to delay all first meeting classes, so I don't start 'till Wednesday. One part of the site says classes start today in bold red announcement lettering. Only reason I know one of them is true is the lack of people in the classroom. At least I got a chance to get online today and vent my frustrations, get all this dread out of my system before actually starting. Already looking on the brighter side and it's alright.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36076 on: August 29, 2011, 01:21:08 pm »

While it is probably one of the more hilarious mental disorders, Tourettes Syndrome sure sucks sometimes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36077 on: August 29, 2011, 01:21:52 pm »

Classes started today for me. One of my classmates in differential equations took calc 3 over the summer and it seems to have broken her soul.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36078 on: August 29, 2011, 01:56:36 pm »

Back to work again and after another day of troubled sleep. I don't think it's just correlation between poor sleep and work days any more.

I also failed to get as much done as I wanted to this weekend.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36079 on: August 29, 2011, 01:59:16 pm »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36080 on: August 29, 2011, 02:31:01 pm »

Really?
It gets worse too :(.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc1zGRUPztc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-akk3gog34

Makes me sad to know he thinks black holes are bad and are so named because society equates black with the negative. He's taking it too far.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:33:11 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36081 on: August 29, 2011, 02:48:14 pm »

Really?
It gets worse too :(.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc1zGRUPztc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-akk3gog34

Makes me sad to know he thinks black holes are bad and are so named because society equates black with the negative. He's taking it too far.
If society promotes equality, why does it tolerate racism from racial minority groups, but not otherwise?
American culture is confusing.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36082 on: August 29, 2011, 03:10:17 pm »

The local NAACP guy here is kind of the same type...busier looking for something to blow up into a big deal so he can get on TV than he is actually working on real issues and working with the NGOs already in the community.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36083 on: August 29, 2011, 03:23:44 pm »

They get away with it because in a lot of cases there's still racism against blacks, so nobody can really call them out on it because the race card is still somewhat viable. As the racism has slowly been filtered out, so has the race card's effectiveness, but considering the prevalence of stuck-up assholes, things may never be truly equal. As it stands now, though, America's like a really shitty alloy: the entire thing can be called "equal," but in a lot of places there's blotches of superiority going one way or the other.
Nothing important here, move along.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #36084 on: August 29, 2011, 03:43:20 pm »

fell for a scam ;_;

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36085 on: August 29, 2011, 03:59:41 pm »

fell for a scam ;_;

I know how much that hurts. Care to elaborate?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36086 on: August 29, 2011, 04:59:02 pm »

I have been working since 6 this morning.  Seriously.  No breaks, except for the 10 minutes right now and the time it takes to run between classes.

Oh god, it's all bullshit, everything is pointless, nothing exists, etc, I'm reading thousands and thousands of pages and none of them are at all important to anyone.

I think I'm going to enjoy my respite from rhetorical papers this evening, when I will instead be focusing on math =/  Specifically, logic.  Mmmm, logic.

I may end up becoming a mathematician after all, depending on which of my two favorite subjects I think is total bullshit when I'm attempting to accept graduate positions.

EDIT: I may actually end up putting in something like an 18-hour day today.  This is bullshit.

On the other hand, it does say how easy most of the current college-level work has gotten for me, so hey!  That's fabulous!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:16:20 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36087 on: August 29, 2011, 07:23:22 pm »

Some days, I dislike my job:

1.) I'm administering a probate case for a 19 year old, that ... that's too young to die. :(
2.) Apartment owner may have actually discriminated against someone due to being black. Evidence does not look good. :(
3.) I don't particularly enjoy doing evictions for otherwise honest people who do not have a job, but if I didn't, then someone else would.
4.) Worked til about 6:30 ish, still haven't found critical answer.

On the plus side, my headache has subsided, at least.

Edit: O and how could I forget the client who shows up to court stoned for the drug test [facepalm].

Edit 2: And, I just got a threatening E-mail for doing what I always do at work, hurray..... [sigh]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 07:49:13 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36088 on: August 29, 2011, 08:26:17 pm »

I know this is going to seem like I'm jumping into this with little background information, but are you currently looking at other jobs? I mean, the suicide cases you mentioned look beautiful on a resume, and it seems like your employer is out to get you, and is trying to stress you out of your job.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36089 on: August 29, 2011, 08:53:44 pm »

Edit: O and how could I forget the client who shows up to court stoned for the drug test [facepalm].
Cheech and Chong already have some advice for legal representation in such cases, ignore if you've heard this already:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/audio/play/80759695/
Pages: 1 ... 2404 2405 [2406] 2407 2408 ... 8167