Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2403 2404 [2405] 2406 2407 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439117 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36060 on: August 29, 2011, 04:06:45 am »

I just found out that my dad said (quite a few times) that if my mum ever finds another boyfriend, he'll kill him. No, not jokingly, he was serious. :(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36061 on: August 29, 2011, 07:15:10 am »

My dad is going into surgery to clean up an infection after his heart transplant. He may or may not lose his sternum irreparably.

I...how...WTF? The sternum is kind of important. Also, best of luck to your dad.  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36062 on: August 29, 2011, 08:43:16 am »

Oh boy time for a physical and textbook purchases today.  Somebody rob me.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36063 on: August 29, 2011, 08:44:09 am »

Oh boy time for a physical and textbook purchases today.  Somebody rob me.
Do you require this robbery to be armed or merely threatening?
*Hugs*

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36064 on: August 29, 2011, 08:55:14 am »

I'll take your money...

I can threaten to sit on your head or something... Or feed you burned toast...

I'm broke ;-;
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36065 on: August 29, 2011, 09:27:12 am »

Presumably, surrogate implant out of steel or similar.

I slept 5 hours and then back to Descartes.

Here is one of my annotations:

Still... autonomous nervous systems razor better than God.

I cannot wait until I am done with this guy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36066 on: August 29, 2011, 09:27:54 am »

Working on stolen scrap metal recovery from a scrap metal dealer. Fun stuff. :). This didn't used to be a problem til everything went to hell.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36067 on: August 29, 2011, 09:31:35 am »

I couldn't draw or write very much over the weekend.  Now I'm in some kind of depressed mood that I can't shake o_O

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36068 on: August 29, 2011, 09:50:10 am »

My dad is going into surgery to clean up an infection after his heart transplant. He may or may not lose his sternum irreparably.
I...how...WTF? The sternum is kind of important. Also, best of luck to your dad.  :(
A couple air pockets opened near the site where his old Left Ventricle Assist Device was, and it began filling with mucus. The bone being right there, it started decaying. They may have to remove it to save his ribs, and the replacement plates they have only work if the bone is actually healthy, but just won't heal together. I guess he and I will find out what's going on with that when he wakes up in a couple hours. Thanks for the well-wishing.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #36069 on: August 29, 2011, 09:57:14 am »

I put in a long day at work friday. Then I drove across 2.5 states. Then I slept on an inflatable matress for a couple hours till the sun came up.
Then I worked myself half to death saturday. Then I slept on a deflated inflatable mattress for a couple hours till the sun came up. Then I worked myself half to death until the afternoon.

Then I went and played airsoft and ended up getting caught up in a thorn bush and it looks like someone threw a crate of razors at me. Then I sat down with some friends and watched a saints game and recuperated a bit. I don't particularly like football, but I got a chance to sit down. and bs with friends This is the only paragraph that isn't completely filled with sad.

Then I drove across 2.5 states and laid down in my bed for an hour, until I went to work. Where I am now. and will be for another 8/9 hours. After that, maybe, just maybe I can sleep.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36070 on: August 29, 2011, 10:18:43 am »

Everything I planned to do today was cancelled because the whole bottom of this state has no power!  D:

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36071 on: August 29, 2011, 10:22:13 am »

Just found out my uncle, a vivacious, fiery Spaniard, just had a stroke due to a clot in his carotid artery. He survived and is going to recover, but they're saying he's got another one that could break away at any moment and be the end of him, and his prognosis isn't good. Basically emergency open heart surgery, or a random amount of time to live.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36072 on: August 29, 2011, 10:29:25 am »

My kids started at their new daycare today. Not thrilled about this. I really liked the old one (even if it costs us 2.5x as much as our mortgage). The people at the new one seem nice, but it's run by a church. And there's overt religious elements to it, like all the kids saying a prayer before eating, 15min chapel each week, etc.

Trying to be open-minded about it, but it's tough. I don't want to have to explain why Daddy doesn't talk to Mr. Jesus-on-a-Stick, at least until they're a bit older.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36073 on: August 29, 2011, 11:01:41 am »

Classes starting today, all of which are a good hour and a half away from home with new metro routes. One starts at 9:30, which means I gotta be out the door by 7:30. Fun times.

The first week of classes is always a unnerving ordeal, and before I would mosey through it no problem. Its different this time around somehow. Now there is more anxiety over what my life will be like after I'm done with classes. More worry over missing assignments and financial aid somehow screwing up. And what after I get some entrance level job? What do I want to do? I think constant computer access at home gave me a solid base to keep these things in check, and now without constant distractions I'm stuck with no idea what to do with my life.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36074 on: August 29, 2011, 11:06:23 am »

Classes start tomorrow for me.  I think it's best just not to worry.  It might make you anxious or whatever but if you're able to do things you enjoy in the meanwhile it's fine.  Three of my classes are at 8:00am and two are at 9:30am but whatever that's fine I'll speak my thoughts when I finally start since everything is at hell today because of Irene cancelling everything.

To be honest my situation right now is pretty suckish probably but if I look on the brighter side it's alright.
Pages: 1 ... 2403 2404 [2405] 2406 2407 ... 8167