Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2396 2397 [2398] 2399 2400 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431896 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35955 on: August 27, 2011, 03:29:24 pm »

O,O
* The Merchant Of Menace does not like seeing blood in her vomit.
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35956 on: August 27, 2011, 03:37:39 pm »

We have everything required to play a game of Brawl, besides...a wii remote.  And because of this we can't play like, at all.  Oh well.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35957 on: August 27, 2011, 03:42:16 pm »

That sounds supremely annoying.
How is it that you lack a controller if you have all the other required equipment?
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35958 on: August 27, 2011, 03:43:21 pm »

I blame Gaap, argh.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35959 on: August 27, 2011, 04:34:04 pm »

Bleh
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:53:21 pm by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #35960 on: August 27, 2011, 06:42:00 pm »

We have everything required to play a game of Brawl, besides...a wii remote.  And because of this we can't play like, at all.  Oh well.
I relate. I have everything needed except my Wii can't read the disk. Apparently it's a common issue and in the USA they had a special returns policy + site and everything. No such luck for me here in the UK. This made me sad but not today.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35961 on: August 27, 2011, 07:49:25 pm »

On the cusp of trying a reformat and having doubts about the whole thing. Did my information get copied to the external hard drive correctly? Did I miss anything important? Was there some forgotten folder with vital data saved there? Will this actually work out?

It's more the fear I'm worried about than this procedure. There is no logical reason why it wouldn't work and I copied the only user folder that I used and contained all my stuff, as well as the desktop folder that the rest of my family used and a few other ones on other directories.

I guess I just need to man up and go through with this, screw the fears.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #35962 on: August 27, 2011, 07:55:32 pm »

Have you saved your bookmarks and passwords from your browser? I forgot nearly two weeks ago.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35963 on: August 27, 2011, 07:59:07 pm »

I am |   | this close to being done with my German homework for the next two weeks (though I'll have about 60 vocabulary words to learn, good luck to me with that =/), but there's one more little piece I'm missing, which I can't get myself.

And I've been working on this for 5 hours, now!  I just want to be done with it so I can move on and do something else.

*sigh*

Emailing the lecturer right now =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35964 on: August 27, 2011, 07:59:32 pm »

I never used them. Whenever I want to go somewhere I type the entire address in the address bar or search it through the google search bar that comes with firefox. At most I would need to install all the addons again.

And everything steam related, although that folder was a pulsating mess of junk and mods so screw it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35965 on: August 27, 2011, 08:37:56 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35966 on: August 27, 2011, 08:48:31 pm »

I beat Mike Tyson in IWBTG. Then I saved. But the game crashed, and when I started back up, the save was gone. I have to go through the whole thing again. :(
EDIT: It turns out you have to fight him again each time you reload. Such is the price of becoming the guy...

I also have a fever of 102 degrees. This illness is far from pleasant.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:55:25 pm by Lectorog »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35967 on: August 27, 2011, 10:04:25 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35968 on: August 27, 2011, 10:13:39 pm »

The really funny thing about that is the massive comment posted to it (about two pages back). But I understand how irritating it is to see people posting pretentious, barely literate garbage of this sort all the time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35969 on: August 27, 2011, 10:15:47 pm »

From a purely technical standpoint, the number of sweeping generalizations crammed into that while retaining coherence is fairly impressive.

Of course, from a purely technical standpoint, an automated mermaid bone harvester/breeding center is fairly impressive.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2396 2397 [2398] 2399 2400 ... 8167