Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2393 2394 [2395] 2396 2397 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427985 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35910 on: August 26, 2011, 06:37:13 pm »

That is how some people get through life though, and it does work some of the time - who is to judge sincerity? The professor knows, surely. Don't concern yourself with it too much. If you get worked up whenever someone is a phony you're going to be irritated all the time. :)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35911 on: August 26, 2011, 06:40:09 pm »

I am irritated all the time =/

I just wanted an opportunity to talk, and I didn't get it because of these unthinking assholes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35912 on: August 26, 2011, 06:44:40 pm »

VECTOR SMASH!

You're the happiest, friendliest, most intelligent, pig-tailed Hulk-in-boots I've ever met. Thank you.

Now go kick their butts so you talk to the prof. ^-^

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35913 on: August 26, 2011, 06:47:28 pm »

... Yeah!  I have the biggest smile on my face!

Boom boom boom, let's go read some cool things!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35914 on: August 26, 2011, 06:49:20 pm »

I'm pretty good with people.  It's amazing if you don't insult them or do anything mean they'll like you.  I've never made any enemies doing this.

Me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35915 on: August 26, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »

My dad suddenly realized that his son was having computer issues for near a week now, so he stormed in and decided to know what's going on. Two words out of my mouth and he decided my entire issue is outdated hardware than that I should just get an entirely new computer. I tried to explain that my issue was purely software related with the operating system mucking up and that I have a simple solution that has no logical issues, to which he decided to give a rant about I don't even know what. After five minutes I finally figured out that he was trying in the absolute worst way to explain the difference between files and installed programs.

The ensuing lecture lasts a good 30 minutes of him repeating that I'm living in the past and that everything is lost and gone. And then after that my mother calls me up to do some small thing upstairs, then my sister needs me to look at some funny video, then my dad returns for another 10 minute lecture on the exact same damn things, then my sister comes back in for more videos.

By this time I had almost forgot that I was going to call somebody to ask about borrowing their XP CD.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35916 on: August 26, 2011, 07:50:47 pm »

I've discovered the saddest webcomic. That's a reasonably representative sample, I am thinking.

Why can't I stop laughing at these things.

EDIT: I take it back, the only possible response here is "D'awwww"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:53:21 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35917 on: August 26, 2011, 07:59:03 pm »

I've discovered the saddest webcomic. That's a reasonably representative sample, I am thinking.

http://www.tinyghosts.com/archive/tinyghosts148.html I found this one rather funny

I find the comic reminiscent of xkcd....
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35918 on: August 26, 2011, 07:59:18 pm »

My dad suddenly realized that his son was having computer issues for near a week now, so he stormed in and decided to know what's going on. Two words out of my mouth and he decided my entire issue is outdated hardware than that I should just get an entirely new computer. I tried to explain that my issue was purely software related with the operating system mucking up and that I have a simple solution that has no logical issues, to which he decided to give a rant about I don't even know what. After five minutes I finally figured out that he was trying in the absolute worst way to explain the difference between files and installed programs.

The ensuing lecture lasts a good 30 minutes of him repeating that I'm living in the past and that everything is lost and gone. And then after that my mother calls me up to do some small thing upstairs, then my sister needs me to look at some funny video, then my dad returns for another 10 minute lecture on the exact same damn things, then my sister comes back in for more videos.

By this time I had almost forgot that I was going to call somebody to ask about borrowing their XP CD.

I can sell you a computer, Duke! I mean, who still uses WinXP, amirite? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35919 on: August 26, 2011, 08:02:04 pm »

Am I suppose to say I do or not?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35920 on: August 26, 2011, 08:03:41 pm »

http://www.tinyghosts.com/archive/tinyghosts148.html I found this one rather funny

I find the comic reminiscent of xkcd....
To me, it's like "a softer world" only all sad.

I am sad because I am sick.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35921 on: August 26, 2011, 08:22:46 pm »

Yet another unproductive day. Why the hell does everyone always want to distract me? I do that enough on my own.
My personality profile.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35922 on: August 26, 2011, 08:49:32 pm »

I can sell you a computer, Duke! I mean, who still uses WinXP, amirite? :P
Goddammit, you are one of them.

It's really simple: I just need to reformat my computer. The one issue standing in my way now is getting a legit copy of Win XP Pro.

Although in retrospect there is no reason I could not use my dads old less legitimate copy. It doesn't have any service packs sure, but the entire issue could be rooted in trying to repair an extremely later version of XP with an extremely older version of it. I still have a guy I want to call, but if that doesn't work out tomorrow I'm just gonna reformat.

And I almost forgot to save a copy of the installers for the service packs onto my external HD. Good thing to remember before plugging it into the web without a firewall or virus scanner to speak of.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35923 on: August 26, 2011, 09:02:58 pm »

I hate to say it, but have you tried just going to Best Buy and asking if they have any copies of XP laying around?  They can't be hard to get, and there's still tons of computers that use it.  I dunno how much it'd cost, but it can't be much.

Actually, I might stand corrected.  I just looked it up on Amazon, and apparently Win XP Pro with Service Pack 2 is Over Two Hundred Dollars For A Used Copy.  That is terrifying.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35924 on: August 26, 2011, 09:05:07 pm »

Also, Best Buy does not carry XP on the shelf.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2393 2394 [2395] 2396 2397 ... 8167