Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2386 2387 [2388] 2389 2390 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431866 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35805 on: August 24, 2011, 03:04:35 pm »

Oh gog college anxiety out of every single membrane.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35806 on: August 24, 2011, 03:10:17 pm »

Got a hair cut today. Every time there's just a little less hair left than last time.

But it doesn't bother me at all. I have no complexes whatsoever about hair loss. None at all. No ho ho hoho hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHH

*sigh*

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #35807 on: August 24, 2011, 03:10:49 pm »

Don't really get all this college anxiety you all are going through. College is awesome. If I could go back without sacrificing my income or gaining additional debt, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #35808 on: August 24, 2011, 03:13:33 pm »

Oh gog college anxiety out of every single membrane.
I hear thee, compadre.

Don't really get all this college anxiety you all are going through. College is awesome. If I could go back without sacrificing my income or gaining additional debt, I would do it in a heartbeat.
I personally can't wait to go to college. I just need to pick one and find the money first.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35809 on: August 24, 2011, 03:13:56 pm »

Got a hair cut today. Every time there's just a little less hair left than last time.

But it doesn't bother me at all. I have no complexes whatsoever about hair loss. None at all. No ho ho hoho hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHH

*sigh*

:-\
All I can do is offer you a sad, slow and powerless MPB-five, my fellow sufferer.
Remember there are worse afflictions, with a more dramatic impact on your appearance.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35810 on: August 24, 2011, 03:16:01 pm »

After last week's "oh crap gotta run around everywhere to get IDs and parking permits and other such BS" I come to this week, where I get...

Homework, figuring out that I have the wrong physics book, a bunch less sleep, and a whole bunch of other little things that are too important to forget and too little to remember.

And, because I'm a lazy asshole, what do I end up doing instead of all that? Surfing the Internet, playing TF2, and continually trying to kill this one stupid fly that keeps buzzing around my desk.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35811 on: August 24, 2011, 03:26:29 pm »

I just mean it's something new.  Something new and mysterious to me.  I never really expected myself to be in this position.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35812 on: August 24, 2011, 05:01:20 pm »

A secretary candidly informed me my boss is sending me on "suicide runs," giving me cases I am not supposed to be able to win. Except of course, I'm still winning or getting favorable results in enough of them. It all makes sense now: all the criminal clients who spit on police, the horrid landlords, the business owners who won't listen to anyone while blatantly violating the law.... All of my cases recently have been positively fucking horrid, and I haven't got a single good one--law of averages says this shouldn't be the case.

She says she doesn't understand this one bit. I think he's either trying to test me or nudge me out the door. Either way, shit. I don't need this crap right now. I'm training the new guy and the clerk. Also, it is an unprecedentedly bad time to be searching for attorney positions.

What's the matter, have I not made you enough piles of money old man? Guess who might not be referring you anymore customers? :D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:12:10 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35813 on: August 24, 2011, 05:22:42 pm »

You're Phoenix Wright Truean.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35814 on: August 24, 2011, 05:25:11 pm »

You're Phoenix Wright Truean.

Thank you, though I look better in a dress than he would. :)

[Google search.... Hum, now I'm wondering what rules of evidence if any that game uses....]

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35815 on: August 24, 2011, 05:29:21 pm »

A secretary candidly informed me my boss is sending me on "suicide runs," giving me cases I am not supposed to be able to win. Except of course, I'm still winning or getting favorable results in enough of them. It all makes sense now: all the criminal clients who spit on police, the horrid landlords, the business owners who won't listen to anyone while blatantly violating the law.... All of my cases recently have been positively fucking horrid, and I haven't got a single good one--law of averages says this shouldn't be the case.

She says she doesn't understand this one bit. I think he's either trying to test me or nudge me out the door. Either way, shit. I don't need this crap right now. I'm training the new guy and the clerk. Also, it is an unprecedentedly bad time to be searching for attorney positions.

What's the matter, have I not made you enough piles of money old man? Guess who might not be referring you anymore customers? :D
Won't you have an excellent resume if you do decide/need to work somewhere else? Certainly a reputation of winning/getting favorable results from bad cases is something that would help.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35816 on: August 24, 2011, 05:43:39 pm »

[Nod nod] O I have a good resume and experience, but the problem is the firms are all "firing" and not "hiring." I mean, they're firing partners and I didn't know you could do that, because "partner" means you're "part-owner." I guess they buy them out (at a ridiculous discount). Also, used to be lawyers didn't get fired unless they were really, really trying to be. Now.... :(

As for the "winning" thing, it isn't if you win or lose it's how you play the game (again, sometimes the dude just freaking did it, or he didn't but he's a total asshole who the jury just hates).

All the same, I appreciate your post of support. :) [offers nice hug]. I've often found that in addition to making one a more decent human being, being nice is the best way to go (see above example of the poor secretary who is treated like crap, but never by me...).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:46:08 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35817 on: August 24, 2011, 05:47:47 pm »

The bugs in DF.

*SAD*  :(

When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35818 on: August 24, 2011, 05:48:20 pm »

My mom is getting divorced (again) we have to move in with my grandmother who is bi-polar, i have to leave my girlfriend and my step dad stole my guns. *sigh* just another day.
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35819 on: August 24, 2011, 05:49:37 pm »

I mean, they're firing partners and I didn't know you could do that, because "partner" means you're "part-owner." I guess they buy them out (at a ridiculous discount).

I know that certain... groups of people keep control of the shares they give associates of them by making them sign undated contracts selling them back. Perhaps they are doing something simmilar?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 2386 2387 [2388] 2389 2390 ... 8167