Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2379 2380 [2381] 2382 2383 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439279 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35700 on: August 22, 2011, 07:42:05 am »

Part of me is going oh god oh god why did I cut my hair auuuugh.

On the other hand, the entire rest of me is pretty much rejoicing, so maybe I'll just sit here and relax for a while.

Was the same for me when I cut it, as I took it all I panicked about not being able to run fingers through my hair, or gather it, or do my funny hairstyles. It was torture for a few months, and my own shadow scared me because it looked like a bald guy and it's always been bald guys attacking, chasing and mobbing me.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:16:02 am by Lysabild »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35701 on: August 22, 2011, 09:13:35 am »

I'm watching some Hitman: Absolution gameplay.

Oh god no... They didn't just turn Hitman into another shit third person shooter, did they?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35702 on: August 22, 2011, 10:19:56 am »

I liked Hitman: Silent Assassin but it seemed pretty shootery every now and then. It's a bit too easy to beat by brute force, which is a flaw common in some stealth games. For example, Commandos 2 had the rifle...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35703 on: August 22, 2011, 10:26:55 am »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35704 on: August 22, 2011, 11:19:51 am »

Part of me is going oh god oh god why did I cut my hair auuuugh.

On the other hand, the entire rest of me is pretty much rejoicing, so maybe I'll just sit here and relax for a while.

Have seen pictures, you are fabulous honey. [hug]. Your head is going to feel lighter and like "something's missing" for a bit, but you will become used to it after a bit. Never forget you are beautiful :). And, you can always trust your gay friends, we've no reason to lie to you.

One of the firm's clients died today, he was a decent human being, rare breed. His relatives immediately tried to pounce for the money. None of them have volunteered to make burial arrangements when asked, so I'm doing it. Bad form. Truly bad form. You could wait until he is in the ground, and you could lift a finger to help arrange for that decency (at his expense even). [sigh] I'm afraid I have a good idea what will happen to his little company and employees and that I'm the one who will have to execute it. Damn it, I tried to tell you to update your will for the things you talked about doing, but you just didn't listen. I think I may perhaps be able to find far too few (perhaps two or just one) of the employees a new job, but those are incredibly scarce. They were very loyal to him and it's what he would've wanted. At worst, I'll be happy to write them glowing letters of recommendation. He was a very proper Brit and would've wanted that at least.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:26:21 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35705 on: August 22, 2011, 11:22:08 am »

I'm watching some Hitman: Absolution gameplay.
Oh god no... They didn't just turn Hitman into another shit third person shooter, did they?
You mean it wasn't before?  I've played Blood Money and you can just mow down people.  I like Hitman either way though.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35706 on: August 22, 2011, 12:23:43 pm »

The lovely client does not appreciate what I do for them. [sigh].

Question: "Are you currently in jail?"
Answer: "No."

You're welcome.... [sigh]

"Press on all the same. Enjoy the challenge, though the stands are long empty and no one cheers you on...."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:29:55 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35707 on: August 22, 2011, 12:33:17 pm »

The lovely client does not appreciate what I do for them. [sigh].

Question: "Are you currently in jail?"
Answer: "No."

You're welcome.... [sigh]

"Press on all the same. Enjoy the challenge, though the stands are long empty and no one cheers you on...."

If they're anything like some of the people I deal with, the fact that you won their case (or forestalled the inevitable) will be taken as free license to go out and rob a bank because "Hey, that lawyer will bail me out again. That's their job."

There is an inherent danger to being good at what you do.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35708 on: August 22, 2011, 02:19:02 pm »

[huuuuuuuuuuuugs]

For everyone
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35709 on: August 22, 2011, 02:20:21 pm »

[huuuuuuuuuuuugs]
For everyone
Thank you Vector.  :o

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35710 on: August 22, 2011, 02:30:25 pm »

Hmm, scanning in 78 cards is more work than I thought.
Maybe I should try fitting as much as I can in there, before I start scanning. Could crank up the dpi that way.
But then I'll have to deal with cutting them out  :(

Bah, maybe I'll find some utility to make the task easier, somewhere.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35711 on: August 22, 2011, 03:00:34 pm »

All this shit in one day,how am I still going?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #35712 on: August 22, 2011, 03:03:29 pm »

I'm having another migraine day. I had gone about a week without one till now.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35714 on: August 22, 2011, 03:57:30 pm »

My job is shit, my immediate family is falling apart, I fluked into university and I have badly infected insect bites on my legs, and have a horrible feeling they're going septic. At least I'm going to the doctors tomorrow, where, considering my current run of luck, I'll have a flesh-eating disease.

Listening to an angry punk record with a concept about lonliness and isolation, with a horrible outcome.

I can fucking relate.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 ... 2379 2380 [2381] 2382 2383 ... 8167