Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2375 2376 [2377] 2378 2379 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442248 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35640 on: August 21, 2011, 01:06:53 am »

I had a dream last night I had a dream where my Mom died. It was so terrible, all the pain and anguish felt so real.

Then I'm woken up by Mom's loud and obnoxious bitching, and goddammit Mom I'm trying to feel bad over here.

I swear.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35641 on: August 21, 2011, 01:08:33 am »

I seem to have developed a horrible habit. I laugh when something bad happens D:
Congratulations, you picked up on the Japanese cultural habit of laughing during uncomfortable situations.
You do realise that... That's a natural habit for everyone? Absolutely everyone?
Laughing hystericaly when someone you love dies even though you don't find it funny?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35642 on: August 21, 2011, 01:09:36 am »

Laughing hystericaly when someone you love dies even though you don't find it funny?

YES.

Laughter isn't always a sign of happiness you know. Sometimes it just means something is REALLY wrong.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35643 on: August 21, 2011, 01:10:39 am »

I had a dream last night I had a dream where my Mom died. It was so terrible, all the pain and anguish felt so real.

Then I'm woken up by Mom's loud and obnoxious bitching, and goddammit Mom I'm trying to feel bad over here.

I swear.

Oooh I remember when I used to have "Parents dying" dreams.

It is why nightmares don't really bother me anymore. When your a kid and you had a dream that your mother died and you ACTUALLY believe your mother died... it is kinda hard to top it.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #35644 on: August 21, 2011, 01:11:18 am »

YES.

Laughter isn't always a sign of happiness you know. Sometimes it just means something is REALLY wrong.

Yes. I was laughing all the time when I was suffering long term sleep deprivation.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35645 on: August 21, 2011, 01:12:15 am »

Yeah, that sort of thing is not that out there, at least as far as I know.  Of course, everyone has different triggers.

Are you okay?  Did something like that happen?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35646 on: August 21, 2011, 01:22:32 am »

It happened a while back when my great grandmother died. I hardly knew her and I don't think I would have laughed if I knew her a bit more.

Anyway, I'm sad because my reflux is back. The type that burned holes through my shirt after a while. FUUUUUUUU-
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35647 on: August 21, 2011, 01:38:01 am »

You do realise that... That's a natural habit for everyone? Absolutely everyone?
I don't doubt that it could be a natural human reflex, but culturally laughing is viewed as appropriate for different situations. It would explain why westerners may feel uncomfortable or troubled by laughing at times deemed weird by their raising.

And there is always the reflex of giving the exact opposite appropriate reaction to a scenario than you intend.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35648 on: August 21, 2011, 02:11:31 am »

My sister's dog just puked all over the carpet.

I hate that animal so much.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35649 on: August 21, 2011, 02:14:25 am »

My sister's dog just puked all over the carpet.

I hate that animal so much.

Do like I did at the house I just moved out of. Start bitching about how if "that animal wouldn't taste so bad, I would cook and eat the damned thing!" The animals in question tended to stay locked up in peoples' rooms. Now, I'm not a fan of hiding an animal away in just one room (in fact, I'm not a fan of having them indoors at all,) but if they're horking all over things, it may as well be the owner's things.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #35650 on: August 21, 2011, 03:43:35 am »

Making the worst of a bad situation.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35651 on: August 21, 2011, 08:51:26 am »

Blargh stupid cutter you're supposed to cut my foot, not my thumb :V

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #35652 on: August 21, 2011, 09:13:19 am »

I swear.

Oooh I remember when I used to have "Parents dying" dreams.

It is why nightmares don't really bother me anymore. When your a kid and you had a dream that your mother died and you ACTUALLY believe your mother died... it is kinda hard to top it.
How about having a dream where your mother died, only to wake up and realize that she's actually dead? Yeah, no fun reliving that experience.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35653 on: August 21, 2011, 09:16:06 am »

Blargh stupid cutter you're supposed to cut my foot, not my thumb :V
Why would you want to cut your foot?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35654 on: August 21, 2011, 09:19:53 am »

Because I have a piece of glass in there that doesn't want to get out.
Pages: 1 ... 2375 2376 [2377] 2378 2379 ... 8167