Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2359 2360 [2361] 2362 2363 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449591 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35400 on: August 17, 2011, 03:46:46 pm »

I just realized the reason that all the basic piano programs won't work for me for one specific reason: My keyboard can only input three keystrokes at any given moment. :(
Get a MIDI keyboard man.  Use it with Synthesia for some awesome piano rhythmic games.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35401 on: August 17, 2011, 04:37:50 pm »

My mom pronounces "junk" "jonk," or "jawnk," or something like that.  It's driving me crazy.

On the other hand, I have the privilege to have an American accent that's not even strictly Californian, so I guess I should shut up =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35402 on: August 17, 2011, 04:39:26 pm »

Fleh.
It's just one of those days I wish I'd not been born :/
*Hugs*

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35403 on: August 17, 2011, 04:45:41 pm »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35404 on: August 17, 2011, 04:45:46 pm »

oh sh...

Guys, don't store booze and milk in an ice cellar dug out from a glazier...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35405 on: August 17, 2011, 04:48:39 pm »

Erm, sorry, but I'm not the type of person to exploit others. If anything, my attitude leaves me prone for being exploited, which has already happened on several occasions.
Furthermore I wouldn't change anbody against their will or form them into a shape that I desire.

I'm perfecly aware that these kind of relationships end in tears more often than not. I've seen it happen. I've been there several times in the role of a close friend.
Still, I can't imagine myself in any other kind of relationship. Lack of self-confidence, no feeling of self-worth simply won't allow me to see myself as a person worthy of love by regular standards.

Sorry, my post had a lot of different ideas in it. This would be the part I would have sent just to you:

Helping people through rough times is a good, kind thing to do; if you want to do that, though, you're better off doing so as a friend, lest your best interests and theirs get muddled. Moreover, make sure that a single-minded desire to help someone you care about out isn't a way of avoiding dealing with your own life issues. It's a common trap, but an insidious one.

You've got to love yourself before you can truly love others. Sure, it sounds like an aphorism, but it is fundamentally true.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35406 on: August 17, 2011, 04:51:38 pm »

You've got to love yourself before you can truly love others. Sure, it sounds like an aphorism, but it is fundamentally true.

Not... Entirely. I went through my self loathing bits mostly by helping others. I kind of saw it as making it up to... Whatever was out there for existing and at least making something of myself.

And hey. I love myself now. Err. In more ways than one. <<
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35407 on: August 17, 2011, 04:58:07 pm »

Heh, there's only 2 people in the world I hate more than myself.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35408 on: August 17, 2011, 05:00:09 pm »

Tuition is $1600. Current funds in bank is $1400. That $400 was from my dad after already spending a good $800 on our Europe trip. I really hate asking for another $200.

I'll have to ask for even more for parts to fix this computer too. Bleugh.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35409 on: August 17, 2011, 05:01:59 pm »

Naw come on now. I am sure that there are others, even if not as bad ones.

Maybe I should've said that differently... :/

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35410 on: August 17, 2011, 05:23:10 pm »

I'm sad because nearly everyone today thinks the mullet looks dumb, and I was born after its heydey. While I don't have a mullet (even though my hair naturally almost turns into one when it gets long enough), I think mullets look pretty cool.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35411 on: August 17, 2011, 05:28:39 pm »

Naw come on now. I am sure that there are others, even if not as bad ones.

Maybe I should've said that differently... :/

I don't know...there's only a couple people who I would apply the word 'hate' to, personally. Sure, there's some 'dislikes' in there, but not many 'hates'.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35412 on: August 17, 2011, 05:39:21 pm »

I concur. Hatred requires to be proactive, imo. And I'm far more likely to do my best about forgetting someone if I dislike him or her that much.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35413 on: August 17, 2011, 05:40:11 pm »

I need to educate myself more vis-a-vis racism.

No more being a privileged dipfuck.  This is ridiculous.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35414 on: August 17, 2011, 05:42:34 pm »

I need to educate myself more vis-a-vis racism.

No more being a privileged dipfuck.  This is ridiculous.

You've made a pretty big effort so far. How many blogs on topic have you posted links to and read? [offers hug].
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 2359 2360 [2361] 2362 2363 ... 8167