Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2353 2354 [2355] 2356 2357 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447464 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35310 on: August 16, 2011, 08:07:50 am »

Well, at least maybe now you know, you'll be better able to fix things, neh? Not as likely to try to help someone if you don't know they need help.

But more rightaway, just spend time with her. I'll link you to a site which I found in my darkest days. Maybe it'll help you to help her.

http://www.metanoia.org/

If I can help further in any way, please tell me.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35311 on: August 16, 2011, 08:21:14 am »

Thanks for the link, but she's already in professional care. I think they can handle it - the problem is, she hates being a burden to society. And she hates having to take medication. And, being depressed, she's stubborn as hell. It took me ages to persuade her to seek aid. Now I have to do my best to make sure she accepts the aid and doesn't give up.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35312 on: August 16, 2011, 08:26:59 am »

Oh, good.

I don't know what else to say, except to wish you and her good luck.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35313 on: August 16, 2011, 09:04:20 am »

A friend of mine is having serious relationship trouble, and it is completely impossible for me to provide even passive support. Her relationship with this girl has been rocky for awhile, and her other friends are more than a little tired of the whole mess.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35314 on: August 16, 2011, 10:38:40 am »

I was awoken today by my parents fighting again.  I think my Mom is really immature and she's lying and not being open about anything with my Step-Dad.  I need them to do something for me for college but how am I suppose to do that when they can't even do anything themselves?  They're not even home now.  They're never home.  I'm by myself again.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35315 on: August 16, 2011, 11:17:56 am »

A-level results on thursday. Can't say I'm looking forward to that. I also need to get my student finance done and get the clearing stuff set up and augh.

Going to listen to some new-wave synth pop to cheer me up.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35316 on: August 16, 2011, 11:37:09 am »

Due to random difficulties in life, I wasted eight hours of my life. Also, had hallucinations for the first time in two weeks (?). Not as real as usually, still couldn't fall asleep for three hours. Well, despite that, I feel better than usually.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #35317 on: August 16, 2011, 11:56:07 am »

More horribly anxious: I'm now fully officially registered to be a student. Oh god oh god.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35318 on: August 16, 2011, 12:00:38 pm »

Well it seems no matter how hard I try I'm not going to get a certain version of a certain oblivion mod back into my re-installed copy because the modder decided to do some asinine limited edition shit I wasn't even aware of back when I first got it.

And my older elf looked so good in that version too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35319 on: August 16, 2011, 12:11:28 pm »

In today's most trivial of sadnesses, I've realized that EpicMealTime has become a series of phoned-in ads.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35320 on: August 16, 2011, 12:42:34 pm »

I just dropped an air ventilation grate on my face.

Ow.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35321 on: August 16, 2011, 12:47:49 pm »

I just dropped an air ventilation grate on my face.

Ow.
Failed attempt at ninja infiltration?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35322 on: August 16, 2011, 01:38:41 pm »

I got back to my dad about registration. One of the classes was under heavy recheduling and was changed to interfere with my other classes, so I had to drop it. The guidance people said I would still recieve the aid money at under 12 credits, but only 75% of it. That seemed fine, no problem.

My dad flipped the shit bricks.

Yes, I do think about my future. No, I am not hiding anything other than my personal problems with you. Yes I want to go to college. Yes I did think about this. Yes I know I need to be successful when I grow up. No I am not a failure. Quite frankly some of these rants seem borderline abusive, moreso than any bully I have ever had. No I don;t hate you dad.

I could not say any of that.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35323 on: August 16, 2011, 01:45:16 pm »

All the family troubles, all of them.  :\

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35324 on: August 16, 2011, 01:52:41 pm »

For a month after classes ended in the spring I didn't dare check my grades or situation in fear of facing this. I dreaded heading towards college every time I went for registration. Last time I went to the main campus I wasted an hour just reading a book to get away from it all. I don't want to know what is going on with my situation.

All because it means having to go through this. Again and again, time after time. Every little problem being a huge thing that is slowly killing him.

I never really thought about my future aside from the general dread of finding a job, the pointlessness of classes for a degree that won't mean a thing, the lack of a GPA to transfer to another college and the lack of a talent to make it without a good GPA. I worried about all those things but not anymore. It doesn't matter what I think about the situation anymore or any plans I could make. They are apparently all terrible and are due for failure. Everything I would do is assuming, and my dad hates that. Every time something unforeseen comes along in my unaided path I did something terribly wrong.

What am I supposed to do?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 2353 2354 [2355] 2356 2357 ... 8167