Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2351 2352 [2353] 2354 2355 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446681 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35280 on: August 16, 2011, 01:32:52 am »

I don't really know what to say.

You know, you could probably get away with calling other people devil-worshipers if you said "in my faith, they say that..."

As-is, though, I do not recommend a public forum as the avenue for explaining to other people that they're in risk of losing their immortal souls.  Being Catholic doesn't free you from the social niceties the rest of us attempt to follow.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35281 on: August 16, 2011, 01:34:55 am »

My back is killing me. I'm too young for this shit. All these changes to my lifestyle, returning to home, it's killing my back.

I don't know exactly what it is, but bending and leaning, things I need my back for, are not only painful, but HARD. So fucking hard to do things that shouldn't be any hard at all, but it's straining the hell out of me. I hate feeling this weak and feeble.

I have to quit this lazy lifestyle, like, right now.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #35282 on: August 16, 2011, 01:39:39 am »

Speaking of things that made me sad today:

Someone will think it, which is the first step towards making it and obeying rule 34 in this context. Someone out there will take Fred and Barny and just.... O god.... Just.... My brain is going to shut down to protect itself until I pour on the brain bleach.
Aw, pipe down. It get's much more tolerable when you imagine that EVERYTHING is subject to said rule, and when you attempt to imagine, it just ends up going poof and becomes nearly inconceivable. Really, whatever you make of it is what your mind's doing. You then realized that whatever you imagine is pretty much a fabrication of your mind, so you might either squelch at yourself or get over it at that point.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35283 on: August 16, 2011, 01:40:11 am »

I didn't claim he was a devil worshipper. I said the practice of trying to divine the future from cards is effectively the same thing as trying to summon spirits. Unless the cards are somehow intelligent in their own way.

Joshua, that does sound annoying :( I've recently gotten some exercise in moving heavy objects (from crates of wine to an organ. Don't ask on the last one) and it is hard to get back in a lifestyle with the capability to do that sort of stuff willy-nilly from a sedentary one.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #35284 on: August 16, 2011, 01:49:01 am »

Tarot cards are actually very similar to divination rods; with the two main differences being they actually work and they let you find believers in god/s rather than water. ;D

But seriously, I think their primary raison d'etre in this day and age is to troll the faithful. And they aren't even as effective as Ouija boards are for that purpose; at least the Ouija boards make use of subconscious hand movements to produce an interesting show, rather than vague prophesies like something from a psychic good enough to know how to make vague prophesies which sound specific.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:00:47 am by alway »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35285 on: August 16, 2011, 02:10:03 am »

Mindmaker, not trying to be rude, but using tarot decks for divination is the first step to devil worship.

I'm listening.

Russian icons, though? Russian Orthodox, I take it?

Yes.

I said the practice of trying to divine the future from cards is effectively the same thing as trying to summon spirits.

There are enough instances of visionaries in Christianity, some even in the present day. I fail to see the difference (even though my uncle would claim, those are given by god and thus are universally true).
Not to mention some of the other dubious practices.

Honestly, I don't see how Christianity is better than any other form of mysticism or occultism, as long as the latter two aren't breaking the law.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35286 on: August 16, 2011, 02:56:03 am »

I didn't claim he was a devil worshipper. I said the practice of trying to divine the future from cards is effectively the same thing as trying to summon spirits. Unless the cards are somehow intelligent in their own way.

It depends entirely on your beliefs there. Warning someone they could be worshiping devils doesn't work if they don't believe they exist.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35287 on: August 16, 2011, 03:26:01 am »

Mindmaker, if it would be alright, would you mind posting up a few pictures of the icons? Sounds interesting.

Jackrabbit, in the case of a believer, it is the same as warning (for example) blind people of a cliff. Even if they don't know the danger or believe it, it may still be a danger.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #35288 on: August 16, 2011, 03:36:39 am »

Then of course there is the bit where he stated he had no intentions of any silly sort of future predicting woo. By the looks of it he is using them as something of a placebo to kick off a self examination somewhere between a cold reading and the Socratic method. Though even learning the methods through which you can pull off a convincing tarot reading would be useful; I would imagine the cold reading involved would have a good deal of utility in daily life.

Edit: hahaha, just looked up the Church of Satan on wikipedia. They have the best rules ever
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
11 When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.
Heh.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:45:32 am by alway »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35289 on: August 16, 2011, 03:40:13 am »

Burned my hand, and it just now went from the 'huh, I don't feel anything' phase to the 'gods, fuck' phase that happens when you accidentally tear the burned flesh~ :b

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35290 on: August 16, 2011, 04:06:36 am »

Edit: hahaha, just looked up the Church of Satan on wikipedia. They have the best rules ever
1 Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Do you suppose being a Vizier of the Satanic Court is the hardest job or the easiest job?

7 Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

The power of magic shall not be denied, just good luck getting it to work the first time.  Hmm... I feel a hankering for some black metal vegan food.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35291 on: August 16, 2011, 04:09:12 am »

Did someone say black metal vegan food?

Anyway, I'm sad because if pressure is put on my neck or back or if I tilt my head, I can feel a tingling feeling deep in my neck and upper back.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35292 on: August 16, 2011, 04:10:12 am »

Mindmaker, if it would be alright, would you mind posting up a few pictures of the icons? Sounds interesting.

The best I can do right now, is linking you to google images.
My uncles internet connection is simply too slow to find some pictures, which represent the quality of the cards.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35293 on: August 16, 2011, 04:19:07 am »

Thank you anyway. If you do find some proper pictures, though :P

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35294 on: August 16, 2011, 05:37:30 am »

I hear one more person use the term "gay" as a pejorative insult, especially if they use the excuse, "that's not the way I meant it," and I'm going to scream. O I would so love placing multiple nails behind all four tires.... I can dream....

I've heard a girl call a boy who touched her ass a fag, so I do think it has kind of lost it's meaning when it became a slang insult.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 2351 2352 [2353] 2354 2355 ... 8167