Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2340 2341 [2342] 2343 2344 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443686 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35115 on: August 14, 2011, 02:58:23 am »

Or, I suppose you could have some kind of MGS4 side story where you play as Naomi to try to explain her batshit crazy motivations.
This would result in only making her motivations 500x more nonsensical and confusing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35116 on: August 14, 2011, 02:58:59 am »

I don't suppose you've ever played FF7 Dirge of Cerberus have you?  I only really mention it because that's the only game I can think of with a female mad scientist character.

Or, I suppose you could have some kind of MGS4 side story where you play as Naomi to try to explain her batshit crazy motivations.  Kojima would probably enjoy making that.

Well, both Chrono games have Lucca/Luccia, so I'm pretty happy.

Though yes, it would be really cool if Naomi got a side game.

Or, I suppose you could have some kind of MGS4 side story where you play as Naomi to try to explain her batshit crazy motivations.
This would result in only making her motivations 500x more nonsensical and confusing.

Exactly

But I imagine it would be really fun!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35117 on: August 14, 2011, 02:59:41 am »

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35118 on: August 14, 2011, 03:02:13 am »

I mean, if the creators intend to spin a mad web of conspiracy and unnecessary leaps of logic then it would be a great parody on just how ridiculous the series has become. Although I think Kojima just wants to forget all that and have his bishie boy slice up some dudes. Bring things back to simpler times.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35119 on: August 14, 2011, 03:25:49 am »

Gah, I'm feeling lightheaded, very dizzy and somewhat weak. This has been occouring far more frequently than it used to. Time for a checkup.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35120 on: August 14, 2011, 03:56:03 am »

Have you been sitting around a lot?  Eating less?

I mean, if the creators intend to spin a mad web of conspiracy and unnecessary leaps of logic then it would be a great parody on just how ridiculous the series has become. Although I think Kojima just wants to forget all that and have his bishie boy slice up some dudes. Bring things back to simpler times.

If it winds up being anything like that weird nightmare keyblade thing in MGS3, that'd be pretty cool.  You really get the feeling that the man just wanted to make action games, and got roped into making really weird plots and social commentary somewhere along the way and never figured out how to stop.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35121 on: August 14, 2011, 04:10:25 am »

Have you been sitting around a lot?  Eating less?
I've been more active than I usually have and I've been eating as much as I usually do, occasionly more.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35122 on: August 14, 2011, 04:32:17 am »

Well, both Chrono games have Lucca/Luccia, so I'm pretty happy.

Holy crap, really? I can't imagine she's exactly the same character, but that's awesome! I loved Lucca, her reformed pet Robot, and all her shenanigans.

I will miss Akira Toriyama's artwork in Chrono Cross, though. There's nothing quite like his style.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35123 on: August 14, 2011, 04:39:08 am »

Yeah, Toriyama's my favorite mangaka =/

She's not actually Lucca, who is sort of a Bulma/Arare lovechild expy, but she is a female mad scientist with purple hair and basically the same name.  So no, she doesn't have that sort of dorky Toriyama charm, but I'm still using her.  She's cool.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35124 on: August 14, 2011, 10:38:03 am »

Holy carp, how much progress did you make? I gotta catch up!

EDIT: Oh, hey, you can get Luccia earlier than I thought, but still, that means you're at least as far as I got. I'd use her, but I need to keep Leena in my party because nothing beats seeing things get slapped to death.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:18:18 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35125 on: August 14, 2011, 10:42:11 am »

Airplane flight was delayed due to Air Traffic Control. I'll be in this airport for 3 more hours. My connection will also either be:
a.) Late as well, and I can make it.
or
b.) Leave without me. I have a backup flight...that leaves at 9AM TOMORROW MORNING.

My parents offered to come pick me up, but they're still 4 hours away (1 hour flight), and they won't come until I know I missed my connecting flight. Blah. The next airport had better have free wi-fi.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35126 on: August 14, 2011, 12:02:02 pm »

Oh Public School System, you bigoted moron you. I try really, really hard not to get down about the world, but the world isn't making it very easy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35127 on: August 14, 2011, 12:15:47 pm »

Oh Public School System, you bigoted moron you. I try really, really hard not to get down about the world, but the world isn't making it very easy.

I notice a lot of that was in Texas. Which just embodies the state motto: "Don't mess with Texas. Seriously. We'll FUCK you up. And your kids."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35128 on: August 14, 2011, 12:59:58 pm »

Heh, my High School didn't allow us to touch each other, bring in outside food, or leave unless we had a appointment and either a guardian to bring us there or our own car to get there.

EDIT:
They actually installed cameras outside to catch any students leaving.  Thanks state budget.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35129 on: August 14, 2011, 01:11:44 pm »

In the midnight haze of bad thinking I restarted my computer so the virus programs could do deeper scans. The result is the exact same problem as before, the computer would not start. Leaving it going for most of the morning with the same configuration did nothing, so I'm forced to use my dads extremely old dubiously burned XP disk. I'm here at the recovery console and searching up information on what exactly I want to do. I guess I just want it to repair the boot files, but it would like to know any inherent risks and pitfalls I should be aware of. If anybody has had to deal with this a lot the advice would be welcome.
Pages: 1 ... 2340 2341 [2342] 2343 2344 ... 8167