Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2331 2332 [2333] 2334 2335 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451883 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34980 on: August 12, 2011, 07:51:55 pm »

Youtube comments.
It's either random political/negative comments crap or some pseudo philosophical life meaning and happiness bullshit, i don't even know why i scroll down anymore if i know all find will be terrible mind numbing shit soup -.-''
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34981 on: August 12, 2011, 07:55:54 pm »

I had to go to a funeral home to view the corpse of my Grandmother's sister today. The inevitability of death is something that has always deeply bothered me, having to go look at the results of it does not leave me undisturbed. :( I've got to go again tomorrow for the actual burial...
My personality profile.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34982 on: August 12, 2011, 07:56:28 pm »

It's so weird how I can look at Christian theology objectively now and see how spooky some of it is.
If you are anything like me, that feeling will never really go away. It lessens over time, but having been part of Christianity at one time just makes it unnerving.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34983 on: August 12, 2011, 08:02:18 pm »

Youtube comments.
It's either random political/negative comments crap or some pseudo philosophical life meaning and happiness bullshit, i don't even know why i scroll down anymore if i know all find will be terrible mind numbing shit soup -.-''
Agreed. The things thumbed to the top of the vid are generally along the lines of "lolol fums up if u agre", "20 people is fagats!", "*insert pop guy or girl here* IS A FAGAT!" and the one that seems to be on more videos at an alarming rate "ALL LAHBRALS IZ EVUL AND KIL BABAYS!".
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34984 on: August 12, 2011, 08:03:14 pm »

Or some inexplicable reference to a recent news event.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34985 on: August 12, 2011, 08:05:26 pm »

The religious fundies are somehow allowed outside the supermarket here.... Not only that but they are loud, obnoxious hecklers. I am incredibly upset and sent a letter with my grocery receipts to management stating they go or I don't come back.

Incidentally, it appears I am going to hell, yet again, and they believe the line "if you think it's hot here," and its comparative implication is hilarious.

I don't condone plans that start with M and end in urder, but I sometimes understand them.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34986 on: August 12, 2011, 08:16:03 pm »

The religious fundies are somehow allowed outside the supermarket here.... Not only that but they are loud, obnoxious hecklers. I am incredibly upset and sent a letter with my grocery receipts to management stating they go or I don't come back.

Incidentally, it appears I am going to hell, yet again, and they believe the line "if you think it's hot here," and its comparative implication is hilarious.

I don't condone plans that start with M and end in urder, but I sometimes understand them.

I like that they using a supermarket for their religious purposes, when Jesus tossed people out of the temple using it for the supermarket. See if you can find that verse and quote it at them if they're still there :P

Hoping it gets better for you.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Momiji Inubashiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34987 on: August 12, 2011, 08:16:50 pm »

I think I might of seen a serious misunderstanding happen and I just... Can't do anything about it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34988 on: August 12, 2011, 08:19:02 pm »

And the actual verse is Mark 15:11
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34989 on: August 12, 2011, 08:31:08 pm »

Mentioning my dwindling faith in God to Christian friends made me sad recently :/  I know they have good intentions in trying to convince me to believe again, but I really don't want to believe in God again.  It's nice to think my own thoughts without worrying which thoughts will lead to sinful behavior.  Yes, mainstream Christianity encourages people to become their own thought police o_O  There's even a differentiation between sinful and godly thinking, to the point that many of my friends believe (although they wouldn't put it this way) that if certain points of theology make no sense to you, then you are thinking "with the flesh" instead of "with the spirit."  And yes I used to believe that too.

It's so weird how I can look at Christian theology objectively now and see how spooky some of it is.

Welcome to the fold, broseph.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34990 on: August 12, 2011, 08:32:59 pm »

Dear misogynist/racist/all that crap: please stop flirting with me on Facebook, or whatever you think you're doing.

Calling me retarded a few months back wasn't funny, either.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34991 on: August 12, 2011, 08:37:01 pm »

If only Facebook had "FacePunch" instead of "Poke"...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34992 on: August 12, 2011, 08:39:47 pm »

Mentioning my dwindling faith in God to Christian friends made me sad recently :/  I know they have good intentions in trying to convince me to believe again, but I really don't want to believe in God again.  It's nice to think my own thoughts without worrying which thoughts will lead to sinful behavior.  Yes, mainstream Christianity encourages people to become their own thought police o_O  There's even a differentiation between sinful and godly thinking, to the point that many of my friends believe (although they wouldn't put it this way) that if certain points of theology make no sense to you, then you are thinking "with the flesh" instead of "with the spirit."  And yes I used to believe that too.

Well, that part of theology is wrong. I've heard the thing before. Typically, you also hear people saying 'You have a body, you are a soul'. It goes against another of the doctrines, that of the bodily resurrection.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34993 on: August 12, 2011, 08:40:19 pm »

Dear misogynist/racist/all that crap: please stop flirting with me on Facebook, or whatever you think you're doing.

Calling me retarded a few months back wasn't funny, either.
Aww, you have a secret hatemirer!

EDIT:In retrospect, I have no idea why I just said that. I need some sleep.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34994 on: August 12, 2011, 08:41:33 pm »

Feh.  Giving me crap about using "du" instead of "sie" with him.  What absurdity... we're Amurricans, gorrammit!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2331 2332 [2333] 2334 2335 ... 8167