Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2330 2331 [2332] 2333 2334 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451762 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34965 on: August 12, 2011, 04:38:23 pm »

Upper forums lacks content. The only place worth reading through is the suggestions, and any posts by Toady or ThreeToe.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34966 on: August 12, 2011, 04:39:05 pm »

Some of the Succession Forts are pretty neat too imo. And the occasional mod.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #34967 on: August 12, 2011, 06:04:28 pm »

I was feeling great then I came here and now I'm sad and angry.
I wish there were button that could be used to stop following thread.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34968 on: August 12, 2011, 06:06:27 pm »

The "Unnotify" button perhaps?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #34969 on: August 12, 2011, 06:10:31 pm »

No, no I just meant that this thread appears in the "new replies to your posts" page.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34970 on: August 12, 2011, 06:10:46 pm »

My mom ate my lunch.  She offered to buy me another one, but she didn't seem to understand that what I was really looking forward to after a grueling final was a nice experience with someone else, not hurriedly eating through a sandwich next to someone who wasn't eating.  Eating alone is good.  Sharing food with someone else is good.  Broken up stages of a "lunch together" is fucking terrible.

Of course, she was hungry, and I was too upset to accept her offer.

Old memories.

I'd forgotten the way my cousins used to tell me that I was too dirty to be in their room and wasn't allowed to touch anything.  I wasn't muddy or anything.  I didn't get upset (I used to cry, but then I was made fun of for that, too, so I stopped).  I just learned that I was a filthy person, no matter how clean I thought I was, and no one wanted me in their space.  It wasn't like I had any counterexamples.

Now people are upset because I act like I'm never sure if they really want me, and I'm constantly worried that I'm not clean enough.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34971 on: August 12, 2011, 06:25:47 pm »

Oh wondrous things that can happen you your subconscious as a child.

I've always liked making games, so as a kid I latched on to stuff like RPG maker and warcraft 3's map editor. Unfortunately the only person I could really show my stuff to was my brother, who took everything as a joke and laughed at everything I showed him. Now I'm terrified to show any of my creative projects to anyone except really close friends. :|
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34972 on: August 12, 2011, 06:33:44 pm »

Now people are upset because I act like I'm never sure if they really want me[...]
I know how that feels.
It usally takes months until I feel comfortable with new people I get to know.
And it's always expected that you're up for silly stuff the moment you get to know people.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34973 on: August 12, 2011, 06:57:53 pm »

Now people are upset because I act like I'm never sure if they really want me[...]
I know how that feels.
It usally takes months until I feel comfortable with new people I get to know.
And it's always expected that you're up for silly stuff the moment you get to know people.

I think that's because a lot of people, especially in the south, tend to be the latter way. I know I am, and so are a lot of people I meet. It's just a personality thing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34974 on: August 12, 2011, 07:19:13 pm »

I'd forgotten the way my cousins used to tell me that I was too dirty to be in their room and wasn't allowed to touch anything.  I wasn't muddy or anything.  I didn't get upset (I used to cry, but then I was made fun of for that, too, so I stopped).  I just learned that I was a filthy person, no matter how clean I thought I was, and no one wanted me in their space.  It wasn't like I had any counterexamples.

Now people are upset because I act like I'm never sure if they really want me, and I'm constantly worried that I'm not clean enough.

If it's any consolation, I would absolutely love to be around you*, and I'd be really poor at communicating the fact through my speech and body language because I'd constantly worry that I'm putting undue pressure on you to be accepting of me. Also, I have an arbitrary fear that I smell awful that tends to cyclically recur, I don't know what is up with that, but it might contribute. I dunno, though, I suppose that what I'm trying to communicate is *internet hug*

*not literally, of course, because I am not a cannibal

On an unrelated matter, I have underestimated the effects of drinking a third of a bottle of wine in less than 5 minutes, even though it was only 15 proof. Oh dear. I appear to be a lightweight, or at least suffering from a psychosomatic effect here.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34975 on: August 12, 2011, 07:27:13 pm »

All of the multiplayer games I play online seem to eventually die, or have the community turn completely demonic.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34976 on: August 12, 2011, 07:35:06 pm »

Finally got around to playing Stick RPG 2. What a fucking rip off.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34977 on: August 12, 2011, 07:36:05 pm »

Why did you buy it?!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34978 on: August 12, 2011, 07:46:20 pm »

Mentioning my dwindling faith in God to Christian friends made me sad recently :/  I know they have good intentions in trying to convince me to believe again, but I really don't want to believe in God again.  It's nice to think my own thoughts without worrying which thoughts will lead to sinful behavior.  Yes, mainstream Christianity encourages people to become their own thought police o_O  There's even a differentiation between sinful and godly thinking, to the point that many of my friends believe (although they wouldn't put it this way) that if certain points of theology make no sense to you, then you are thinking "with the flesh" instead of "with the spirit."  And yes I used to believe that too.

It's so weird how I can look at Christian theology objectively now and see how spooky some of it is.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34979 on: August 12, 2011, 07:50:49 pm »

Why did you buy it?!
I didn't. I just feel sad for the people who got ripped off.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2330 2331 [2332] 2333 2334 ... 8167