Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2323 2324 [2325] 2326 2327 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448032 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34860 on: August 11, 2011, 07:59:20 pm »

I left home to the Metro at around 10:00 this morning and just come back now at 8:30. Every bus left as soon as I got there, so I had to wait for the next one every time. Not the reason I'm down today.

I finished a series of books. Every time I finish something I love it leaves a bittersweet taste. It was an excellent adventure, but the story has ended. I don't really have any particular fear of death or the afterlife, but this is what I imagine its like for those who have it. Still not the reason I'm down today.

I was out to check out my financial situation at the college. They had just put some databases back up so I decided to check stuff there. Because I dropped a class last semester my financial aid was voided. I had until July 1st to renew it. I cannot blame anybody but myself for this occurrence, as I spent most of June dreading my grades and looking forward to a trip to Europe. I should have checked my stuff but was afraid that I might find this greeting me, and that I would not be able to fix the problem. This fear has been realized.

Now I'm left doubting my own future. I wasted 20 years of my life with no skills to show for it. I have no constructive hobbies no talents no friends and no ethic. Any degree I would get would be of the basic general education types because I cant think of a field I would do well in. I cannot start my own freelance hobbyist improvement of my skills. I cannot go grab a job or internship because its a shitty economy and my dad has no faith in a job being available.

If anyone's out there to see what I have done, can somebody tell me what I am to become?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34861 on: August 11, 2011, 08:02:45 pm »

You're my friend Duuuuuuuuke.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34862 on: August 11, 2011, 08:03:00 pm »

I think my roommate may be harming herself.

Or she's getting angry enough that she's hitting something else.  Something solid-sounding.  Not like, say, a pillow.

I'm both frightened and worried.

Two minutes she was shouting "I hate you!  I hate you!" into her phone loud enough that I could hear it down the hall through a door, the next minute she was totally quiet and reasonable-sounding.

I just... I don't feel good about this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34863 on: August 11, 2011, 08:10:09 pm »

Duke:  did you "waste" the first 20 years of your life? as in: you are about 20 years old? If that is the case, don't worry about it. Your just 20. You get over it.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34864 on: August 11, 2011, 08:19:06 pm »

I think, you should enjoy yourself Duke.  Because I don't want to see you sad.  I don't want to see anybody sad because I am trying to be my best too.  We're all taking the right path, we just have obstacles along the way.  I want to see everybody enjoying themselves, that's what a truly feel.  I can't think of anything else to say right now.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34865 on: August 11, 2011, 08:30:50 pm »

Spent most of my birthday alone. No contact from friends. Feeling lonely :-[.
That shit sucks :/ *hugs*
*hugs back* thank you, though, I'm not blameless. Due to feeling ashamed of my current situation I let a lot of people drift away and being a good distance from them all didn't help or did depending on how you look at it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34866 on: August 11, 2011, 08:56:53 pm »

I'm feeling worse and worse these days. Thought I would get better, but just feeling worse.
It is sort of funny, wanting nothing more than to break down and cry, but being unable to do so, just sit there and smile when people talk to you so that they don't worry. I'm sick of it, I am not ok and I'm tired of pretending to be.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34867 on: August 11, 2011, 09:05:21 pm »

That was how I felt through most of 6th form. Since leaving 6th form with my A-Levels, I've done absolutely nothing, and that was over a year ago.

More recently, I decided to try Tactics Ogre on the Snes emulator I downloaded earlier. I found the english translation, but my current Rom seems to have black screens in place of many of the info screens; shops, stat pages and many others. Gonna have to check out a different Rom, I think. This is quite annoying.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34868 on: August 11, 2011, 09:18:29 pm »

Randomly my computer started to act real slow for no reason. Trying to bring up the task manager prompted an error saying it was disabled by administrator. I was in the administrator account. Oh hell.

I immediately unplug my wireless USB dongle and restart the computer. Now it just loads on the xp loading screen forever, and trying safe mode makes the loading drivers list stop at mup.sys so the driver right after Mup must have some issue preventing me from entering. But this isn't even the strangest part. I know having a USB keyboard or mouse plugged in while the computer is starting sometimes causes issues, and I had to d it now just to make the power supply work, but one input won't register without the other. The keyboard inputs won't work unless the mouse is moving.

I'm gonna start googling for answers, but if this becomes a large thing then I may not have much access outside of my sisters iPad. Greaaaaat.

Edit: ayup, Mup.sys is corrupted. Time for the classic hunt for the install disk.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:39:14 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34869 on: August 11, 2011, 10:03:05 pm »

Mup.sys? Hope you don't have a dell computer, all we found when my grandma's computer had that was a cardboard disk saying "You do not need a disk, Windows is already installed on your computer."
v.v
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34870 on: August 11, 2011, 10:15:02 pm »

Feeling a bit depressed. Not really cripplingly, but sighs a-beckons.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34871 on: August 11, 2011, 10:23:11 pm »

Well, I examined my own mind and found that my self hatred is much more severe than I originally thought. I can't really see any positive aspects in my personality. This is one of the factors that contribute to my social anxiety, obvious as it is to me now. Rational thought tells me that I have at least a few positive qualities, my interests and goals are proof enough of that. I still feel as though I have none though. I'm not sure how to alter my feelings on this :(.
My personality profile.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34872 on: August 11, 2011, 10:27:19 pm »

Let's just say that I watched the cursed tape called "The Ring". Afterwards, I got a call stating that I have seven days. When I asked what would happen, I was told "Your going to High School".

First year, too. I have one week left of freedom from school now.  :'(
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #34873 on: August 11, 2011, 10:36:15 pm »

Spent most of my birthday alone. No contact from friends. Feeling lonely :-[.
That shit sucks :/ *hugs*
*hugs back* thank you, though, I'm not blameless. Due to feeling ashamed of my current situation I let a lot of people drift away and being a good distance from them all didn't help or did depending on how you look at it.
We're in much the same boat, my birthday would've been by myself too if my family didn't force me to have one, so yeah. No matter how you ended up there, you still deserve comfort, and if it's not to be had in flesh then I'll give you some over the tubes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34874 on: August 11, 2011, 10:39:45 pm »

Well, I examined my own mind and found that my self hatred is much more severe than I originally thought. I can't really see any positive aspects in my personality. This is one of the factors that contribute to my social anxiety, obvious as it is to me now. Rational thought tells me that I have at least a few positive qualities, my interests and goals are proof enough of that. I still feel as though I have none though. I'm not sure how to alter my feelings on this :(.

If absolutely nothing else, you're capable of the introspection necessary to recognize your flaws. That's something that surprisingly few people are able to do. It's absolutely key to overcoming those flaws, and you're not being held back by self-blindness. You don't have to fix everything, but you can see what there is to fix and make your decisions accordingly. So you've got that going for you.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2323 2324 [2325] 2326 2327 ... 8167