Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2307 2308 [2309] 2310 2311 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473532 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34620 on: August 08, 2011, 08:29:44 pm »

A friend of mine refused to go along with boss' unethical behavior (the get you disbarred variety, of course) and hours have been suspiciously trimmed back immediately after this.... The secretary tried to stand up as best she could, asking if it was a mistake....

Worse yet, there's a duty to report boss to the state bar or the bastards will come after you for not reporting him.... The entirely true "I was just following orders," doesn't fly for some reason. The good news is friend will be fine as long as the report is timely filed.... Pragmatically, they usually find out about these things when they inevitably blow up and then come after anyone who knew but did not report earlier. O hell no.... 

I suspect my friend's job is soon to be over and the legal job market is an unprecedentedly bad thing right now.... Moreover if boss is so stupid as to get himself disbarred, what do you suppose that means for secretary? God, quit fucking up when you know better you sycophantic shit....

I often joke, "There are four reasons I will never make it in law, I'm honest and not a bastard and those both count twice...."

Fuuuuuuuuuuck
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:39:42 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34621 on: August 08, 2011, 11:40:01 pm »

My issue is more of self-esteem, so that no matter how much self-improvement I manage I never feel satisfied.
Same, but without the self-improvement.
Well, I have a couple of things planned for university and the last bits of summer.
Maybe it'll help...

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34622 on: August 09, 2011, 01:56:58 am »

Well, I managed to calm down about my earlier issue, not that its actually solved. Now I'm stuck wide awake with insomnia though... not a good night for me. :(
My personality profile.

Momiji Inubashiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34623 on: August 09, 2011, 04:55:03 am »

I don't even know if I should be posting this. But I'm stuck in the situation that I wanna help with something but I'm pretty much being told I'm not allowed.

God fucking dammit.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34624 on: August 09, 2011, 05:20:45 am »

In relation to the above post I need to grow a fucking spine and not let little things explode into things they really don't need to...

I don't even know why I'm so bothered.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34625 on: August 09, 2011, 06:31:18 am »

I feel like I'm literally out of breath. This isn't stopping and is making me sad.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34626 on: August 09, 2011, 07:04:55 am »

2 "Last Stand" dreams last night.  Which freak me out >.>

(Basically last stand dreams are are a recurring theme in my dreams that tend to be focused around being in a location and having to hold my ground against some sort of attack)

One was me being a sniper of some sort and the enemy finding out where I was and cutting off escape routes and slowly making their way up to the room I was so I had to try and find a good defensive position and kill as many as I could, that was freaky but not horribly bad.

Second dream was being trapped in this house using my body weight to hold the door closed as some sort of enemy tried to break it open.(Might have been zombies)  I don't know what i did but I somehow managed to get them into a freezer and freeze them. This one was disturbing since there was a prologue before the actual last stand and it was really screwed up.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34627 on: August 09, 2011, 07:34:08 am »

Found myself in one of those complex group situations, found myself under pressure, said something stupid, insulted the only person I really liked and ran off.
Only leaving for classes and meals now. Otherwise I'm staying in my room.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34628 on: August 09, 2011, 07:40:00 am »

2 "Last Stand" dreams last night.  Which freak me out >.>

(Basically last stand dreams are are a recurring theme in my dreams that tend to be focused around being in a location and having to hold my ground against some sort of attack)

One was me being a sniper of some sort and the enemy finding out where I was and cutting off escape routes and slowly making their way up to the room I was so I had to try and find a good defensive position and kill as many as I could, that was freaky but not horribly bad.

Second dream was being trapped in this house using my body weight to hold the door closed as some sort of enemy tried to break it open.(Might have been zombies)  I don't know what i did but I somehow managed to get them into a freezer and freeze them. This one was disturbing since there was a prologue before the actual last stand and it was really screwed up.

I can't remember the last time I dreamed, and it certainly hasn't been recently.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34629 on: August 09, 2011, 07:55:48 am »

Stupid census things today.
They give six sheets to fill out, but I'm boarding out a flat behind another house, and there are six people in the house, so that leaves me without a sheet. So I tried to do it online, but I can't without a number I didn't get! So now I basically was never given a form, can't fill it out, and will almost certainly attract a fine. Even calling their stupid phone number doesn't help, so tired of being on hold!
Fuck I'm fucked.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34630 on: August 09, 2011, 08:18:05 am »

You get fined for not filling out the census?

I'm sad because I'm starting to realize how my grandparents must have felt about "modern" technology like VCRs and microwaves. Especially for a guy who works in technology, it's kinda unforgiveable how astounded I am by more and more gadgets these days, and not just the kind of surveillance gear and such for work. My wife borrowed an iPad the other day, and I was showing Google Earth to my 4-year-old on it. I started with it zoomed all the way out to show the entire Earth, then just by "pushing apart" the screen with two fingers, was able to zoom down to see cars parked on our street (the house has too much tree cover to be seen in summer shots). She just shrugged and said, "Huh. That's pretty cool." I think she was disappointed it wasn't real-time.

Somebody was showing me their Droid with its host of apps, most of which make me shake my head in amazement, and their attitude was the same--"Yeah, it's neat."

I'm too young to be this old.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34631 on: August 09, 2011, 08:29:56 am »

In Australia I think you can even be fined for not voting. Not filling out a census form is punishable with fines and jail time here in Norway as well (at least it says so on the back of the form), but I don't think that law has ever been used.

I'm sad because I'm starting to realize how my grandparents must have felt about "modern" technology like VCRs and microwaves. Especially for a guy who works in technology, it's kinda unforgiveable how astounded I am by more and more gadgets these days, and not just the kind of surveillance gear and such for work. My wife borrowed an iPad the other day, and I was showing Google Earth to my 4-year-old on it. I started with it zoomed all the way out to show the entire Earth, then just by "pushing apart" the screen with two fingers, was able to zoom down to see cars parked on our street (the house has too much tree cover to be seen in summer shots). She just shrugged and said, "Huh. That's pretty cool." I think she was disappointed it wasn't real-time.

Somebody was showing me their Droid with its host of apps, most of which make me shake my head in amazement, and their attitude was the same--"Yeah, it's neat."

I know. I'm 28 and work in high-end software development, yet I'm really starting to feel behind on the technology curve. I know what new and shiny gadgets exist and how they work, but I just can't seem to use them fully. Especially anything in the "social media" category.

The most depressing moment was trying my nieces' Wii last christmas (Mario Galaxy 2, which I bought for them). I was ace at super mario on the NES, but I really struggled with this thing. The little kids are naturals at it though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:36:31 am by olemars »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34632 on: August 09, 2011, 08:53:20 am »

Well, my dad is going to get to go a few thousand miles away because of a union striking against Verizon. Guess when he leaves for training? 1 day before my little brother's birthday.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34633 on: August 09, 2011, 10:39:10 am »

I think it's because of how people grow up.  I'm 18 and I've never had a cell phone in my life so I feel kinda stupid when I have to use one for some reason.  Like I can't turn it on without struggling all over the phone looking on how to turn the damn thing on because every model is different.  The only real common technology I use is a computer so I can work around with those quite well, especially when I took four years of Electronics so I know how a lot of hard ware stuff works.  Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is you shouldn't be bothered by it because in ten years there will be even more mind-blowing shit.

The most depressing moment was trying my nieces' Wii last christmas (Mario Galaxy 2, which I bought for them). I was ace at super mario on the NES, but I really struggled with this thing. The little kids are naturals at it though.
I don't know, while my Super Mario World platforming skills are unreal I am unable to cope with Super Mario Bros 3's physics.  It could just be the game.

On a more sullen note I slept hugging a pillow last night in a terrible mood.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34634 on: August 09, 2011, 10:43:51 am »

UK regulator points out why all this stuff won't work.
But we don't have anyone actaully trying to do useful things in congress, so we'll end up pointing it out the harder way, I guess. :(
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 2307 2308 [2309] 2310 2311 ... 8167