Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2298 2299 [2300] 2301 2302 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471330 times)

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34485 on: August 07, 2011, 12:18:15 pm »

I've been plagued by various negative emotions today :(. I'm going to take advantage of the rainy weather and listen to the song of storms. That music always seems to make me feel better for some reason lol. Hope its takes my mind off of what jas been bothering me.
My personality profile.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34486 on: August 07, 2011, 12:20:09 pm »

Black leather duster is good enough ;]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34487 on: August 07, 2011, 12:36:45 pm »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34488 on: August 07, 2011, 12:44:05 pm »

Mindmaker... you really need to stop being hard on yourself. It doesn't help you in any way, and it doesn't help the people you feel you let down. Just isolate the issue, and try to tackle it in a new way.

So I heard a commercial for KidzBop (those people that hire kids to sing covers of popular songs), and heard "Born That Way" as one of the songs.

I look it up on Youtube, and any and all reference to race or sexuality is removed (which is about half-three quarters of the song). I suppose they realized that just singing a chorus is boring, so there was this line in there:
"A different coupon, is not a sin. Believe capital H-I-M!"
(originally 'A different lover').

You could at the very least put something that actually makes sense, can't you? Or just not do songs that you are going to remove the whole message of?

I... think it's supposed to have been a religious lyric change? If so, maybe the coupon is talking about Indulgences! :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34489 on: August 07, 2011, 02:05:39 pm »

I feel like if I cared a bit more I wouldn't lay in bed until 2pm everyday but I end up doing that anyway.  I'll wake up at 10am, perfectly rested, but just lay in bed hopelessly for a couple hours.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34490 on: August 07, 2011, 02:07:39 pm »

My grandmother showed up out of nowhere, took me out to eat, and gave me 50$. There is nothing I feel worse about doing than accepting money from another person, and my relationship with my extended family is just plain awkward, so I am sad about this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34491 on: August 07, 2011, 02:11:36 pm »

My grandmother showed up out of nowhere, took me out to eat, and gave me 50$. There is nothing I feel worse about doing than accepting money from another person, and my relationship with my extended family is just plain awkward, so I am sad about this.
Funny because if you removed that last sentence you could easily place that in the happy thread, hehehe.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34492 on: August 07, 2011, 02:14:42 pm »

Mindmaker... you really need to stop being hard on yourself. It doesn't help you in any way, and it doesn't help the people you feel you let down. Just isolate the issue, and try to tackle it in a new way.

So I heard a commercial for KidzBop (those people that hire kids to sing covers of popular songs), and heard "Born That Way" as one of the songs.

I look it up on Youtube, and any and all reference to race or sexuality is removed (which is about half-three quarters of the song). I suppose they realized that just singing a chorus is boring, so there was this line in there:

You could at the very least put something that actually makes sense, can't you? Or just not do songs that you are going to remove the whole message of?

I... think it's supposed to have been a religious lyric change? If so, maybe the coupon is talking about Indulgences! :D
Has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with age. KidzBob is centered around taking songs written by adults, with adult subjects, intended to be listened to by adults, and having them sung by a bunch of preteens. They gut them because having a kid singing about lovers is not-right.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34493 on: August 07, 2011, 02:15:19 pm »

Funny because if you removed that last sentence you could easily place that in the happy thread, hehehe.
Which, funnily enough, makes me feel worse about the whole thing.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34494 on: August 07, 2011, 02:18:26 pm »

Has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with age. KidzBob is centered around taking songs written by adults, with adult subjects, intended to be listened to by adults, and having them sung by a bunch of preteens. They gut them because having a kid singing about lovers is not-right.
Yeah, but they also remove everything about acceptance of your race as well. They might as well just not do that song if they are going to remove every non-chorus line of the song.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34495 on: August 07, 2011, 02:26:17 pm »

THey scrub anything the least bit controversial. It would, in fact, be better if they stopped the label entirely.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34496 on: August 07, 2011, 02:36:38 pm »

Homework, after a mentally and emotionally exhausting trip.
I really feel like not bothering with it today, getting up early tomorrow and doing it then.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34497 on: August 07, 2011, 03:26:29 pm »

Which, funnily enough, makes me feel worse about the whole thing.
That's even more funny because you're causing this sorrow yourself.  I know you'll agree with this and if you don't agree then you're being contradictory.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34498 on: August 07, 2011, 03:44:25 pm »

Of course I'm causing it. Emotions are a closed system, we cause ourselves all of our sorrow.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34499 on: August 07, 2011, 03:45:01 pm »

Computer.

Out of space.

What?  How much music does my dad even have on this thing?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2298 2299 [2300] 2301 2302 ... 8167