Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2295 2296 [2297] 2298 2299 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9468226 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34440 on: August 06, 2011, 04:37:44 am »

I've become nocturnal. I don't even bother to try to sleep at night now, I just wait till dawn and then get into bed.
Case in point, I'm about to go to sleep. It's 5:30am

Does this even count as "Things that made me sad today?" or is it now "Things that made me sad tonight?" AAAAGH
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34441 on: August 06, 2011, 06:55:09 am »

I did the training exam a bit worse (-2,6 less net answers) than the previous one. Of course, since difficulty varies from exam to exam (and thus people globally do better or worse), and I'm still well over the objetives, I don't worry too much. Yet.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34442 on: August 06, 2011, 06:57:14 am »

my bike is broken.

fuck.

mechanic says it's either the carburetor or the cylinder.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34443 on: August 06, 2011, 07:32:02 am »

I think I misunderstood the news. I have a feeling Australia isn't getting an R 18+ rating for games, we're just replacing the MA 15+ to make it more restrictive.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34444 on: August 06, 2011, 09:08:12 am »

my friend explained to me a bunch of books that were analogies to real life, and i am sad that i didn't see them on my own  :(

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34445 on: August 06, 2011, 10:05:11 am »

Here's a secret... pretty much every book, fictional or not, has an analogy to real life in it somewhere :P  If they didn't, no one would want to read them because no one could relate to them.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34446 on: August 06, 2011, 10:10:05 am »

-snip-

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34447 on: August 06, 2011, 10:12:54 am »

I subscribe to the "death of the author" postulate.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34448 on: August 06, 2011, 10:15:31 am »

Here's a secret... pretty much every book, fictional or not, has an analogy to real life in it somewhere :P  If they didn't, no one would want to read them because no one could relate to them.

i meant books written years ago, but relating to subjects today.

also: my previous post didn't make too much sense.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34449 on: August 06, 2011, 10:34:39 am »

Technically, even the books that fall outside that category actually fall within it, because the book relates to itself, which is a real thing.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34450 on: August 06, 2011, 01:04:40 pm »

Still can't find an ounce of creativity or motivation to work on my texture pack today. I got a little done but not as much as I wanted.

Until recently I was able to flip from my night to my day schedule in 48 hours through two long naps and a missing nights sleep. Lately it's been leaving me falling asleep far earlier and if I yield to it I only get four hours before I'm wide awake again. The problem then repeats itself until I flip back onto nights. It's hard to concentrate feeling like this.

Technically, even the books that fall outside that category actually fall within it, because the book relates to itself, which is a real thing.
So all the books that fall within that category fall within that category? I'm not that well read but I can't think of any book that only relates to itself.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34451 on: August 06, 2011, 01:13:20 pm »

Mortal Kombat 9 was banned (yeah, I know it's old news, but it's still pissing me off) because of the "realistic" violence. Yeah, a game where you can punch people, making them explode and throw fireballs. Such realism  ::)

Australian censorship makes me sad.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:25:50 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #34452 on: August 06, 2011, 01:47:16 pm »

Mortal Kombat 9 was banned (yeah, I know it's old news, but it's still pissing me off) because of the "realistic" violence. Yeah, a game where you can punch people, making them explode and throw fireballs. Such realism  ::)

I think it's more about the zoomed in, slow motion, x-ray vision of bones breaking and organs being destroyed, rather than the moves of the characters.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34453 on: August 06, 2011, 05:39:31 pm »

Urgh, feeling absolutely worthless again.
*Hugs*

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34454 on: August 06, 2011, 06:26:52 pm »

I think it's more about the zoomed in, slow motion, x-ray vision of bones breaking and organs being destroyed, rather than the moves of the characters.
Never mind that those organs and bones still function after they're broken  ???
Pages: 1 ... 2295 2296 [2297] 2298 2299 ... 8167