Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2290 2291 [2292] 2293 2294 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465759 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34365 on: August 05, 2011, 07:27:12 am »

Ugh. Lucky Americans. You don't know what it means to run out of warm water in the middle of a shower. *Shiver* So cold...
You obviously don't know enough Americans.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34366 on: August 05, 2011, 07:33:21 am »

Ugh. Lucky Americans. You don't know what it means to run out of warm water in the middle of a shower. *Shiver* So cold...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure having the hot water run out is common no matter the country you live in. It's heated in your home, you know. Have a shower for long enough and anyone's hot water'll run out.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34367 on: August 05, 2011, 07:34:26 am »

At least here, it's still Summer. Taking cold showers is refreshing.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #34368 on: August 05, 2011, 07:51:17 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure having the hot water run out is common no matter the country you live in. It's heated in your home, you know. Have a shower for long enough and anyone's hot water'll run out.

Yeah. Mine did so this morning; it just takes so long to wash my goddamn hair ;_;
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Weary Exile

• Bay Watcher
  • Beard Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34369 on: August 05, 2011, 07:54:35 am »

I'm sad because I just discovered the hard way that the Portal games give me severe headaches and/or nausea.
It's like regular childcare, except with more dogs, and less care.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34370 on: August 05, 2011, 08:35:35 am »

This is the post from toady in question. To be fair, it describes what happened pretty well.
Fun fact: I ain't even mad.
Dunno why. Probably got used to bans.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34371 on: August 05, 2011, 09:01:08 am »

My pain's gone but now I feel like I'm going to throw up. At least I'm not in pain.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34372 on: August 05, 2011, 09:03:28 am »

Don't give up, Grimshot. :3

I may not be good with words or comforting or even socializing, but when you only have one life, failure is not an option, nor a "reward". Don't be ashamed. Giving up is shameful, but you redeem yourself by going forward. Don't dwell on past problems.

Sorry that that wasn't exactly the most confidence-inspiring speech.

Thanks, I appreciate the support :).

I used to think I could understand things, that there was hope, a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm not so sure anymore.

This might be the second time I've told anyone this, and I'm telling it to the internet. I've sunk that low.

I've been actively considering suicide for the last four or five years. Methods, equipment, all that jazz. Whether to leave a note or not. Whether to get a will beforehand or not. If there is anything thats actually worth it to do anything for.

I'm so lost.

Well, I'll tell you this. I've also given consideration to killing myself, both when depressed and even when I managed get out of my depression. You know what made me finally decide that it was a bad idea? Even if I completely fucked up everything in my life I could still make someone elses better. If you want a reason to live I would suggest you find people that really need some help and give it to them.

We could get in a fistfight if that would make you feel better. I mean, it's not like we're too far apart. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34373 on: August 05, 2011, 10:18:11 am »

. . .

Wow, how completely and utterly wrong.  In fact, for many years I had to take showers with my mother, because our water system was shared between multiple neighbors and the heat would switch between dangerously, scaldingly hot and ice-cold with zero warning.

To everyone who's considering suicide (never thought I'd type that =/): So did I.  Don't, please.  It was a stupid idea, in retrospect.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34374 on: August 05, 2011, 10:20:54 am »

Americans are suppose to ruin everything though.  Don't ruin that image Vector, as an American you should know!

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #34375 on: August 05, 2011, 10:21:48 am »

It wasis a stupid idea, in retrospect.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34376 on: August 05, 2011, 10:21:58 am »

How am I to ruin everything if I don't also ruin our image?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34377 on: August 05, 2011, 10:23:43 am »

How am I to ruin everything if I don't also ruin our image?
I don't know, but we'll find a way as an American!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34378 on: August 05, 2011, 10:26:51 am »

To everyone who's considering suicide (never thought I'd type that =/): So did I.  Don't, please.  It was a stupid idea, in retrospect.

Word.  Bent there, done that, woke up laughing at myself.  It took a while to get over the idea, because it kept haunting me.  Not that ever considered it again after the once, but it was always hanging around going c'mon, it sounded good once, what's really changed?  In other words, don't even think about it.

It wasis a stupid idea, in retrospect.

Now, how can something exist in the present be retrospect?  Lern2grammer.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #34379 on: August 05, 2011, 10:31:46 am »

Just meant it never stops being a bad idea.
Pages: 1 ... 2290 2291 [2292] 2293 2294 ... 8167