Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2276 2277 [2278] 2279 2280 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455038 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34155 on: August 02, 2011, 09:04:05 am »

Large amounts of anxiety are fucking up my social skills and my confidence. This makes me sad.

[EDIT] My legs are sore to the point where I can't walk properly. *siiiighhh*
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:39:01 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34156 on: August 02, 2011, 11:16:54 am »

People who seriously ask stupidly obvious questions:

"Didn't you hear me calling you?"

My thought: "'Yeah,' I was just ignoring you for the hell of it. Never mind that you were across the whole fucking house. Never mind that I was studying lectures on tape (which you knew) and focusing on that. You get all butthurt over the notion that you're not the most important thing in my life the universe. Please choke you self centric shit...." [sigh]. "Clearly I didn't hear you...."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:25:50 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34157 on: August 02, 2011, 11:52:08 am »

The whole spratly islands conflict of 2011 made me uneasy. The filipinos and the chinese are playing a tug-of-war game over the potentially oil-rich islands.

More accurately, I'm worried about the effects this whole conflict will have on tourism, which is where we gain our income.

The relationships between the two countries are already tense, yet neither one of them is willing to give up.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34158 on: August 02, 2011, 12:53:03 pm »

My own thoughtlessness while posting has hurt somebody.
I feel like a horrible person :/

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34159 on: August 02, 2011, 12:56:05 pm »

I don't think you're a horrible person because you feel bad about doing something wrong.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34160 on: August 02, 2011, 01:04:20 pm »

If you're talking about me, I felt like a total ass before you brought anything up.  I'm just taking the opportunity to apologize.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34161 on: August 02, 2011, 01:38:40 pm »

Misunderstandings are a silly thing to make yourself feel bad over. It's the intention behind your words that matters, and any sensible person understands that. Feeling bad about it doesn't do you or them any good, so just accept what happened, and commit to changing the source of the misunderstanding.

On that note...

Believe it or not, I tend to be a really crappy friend to a lot of people, especially when it comes to maintaining contact. Despite genuinely enjoying their company, and being ready to help them whenever they seem to need it, something as simple as initiating contact, calling people on the phone, writing a letter, or so on has always been difficult for me. When I look back and realize it, I tend to get upset that I hadn't kept in touch better. Still, I realize that it's of far more use to me and my friends that I make efforts to reach out more, rather than just feeling bad.

On a tangentially related note, I've always despise asking for help from friends and family. I feel like I should keep the burden of my problems to myself, and resolve them on my own, without outside aid. Part of this is wanting to feel capable and self-sufficient, and the other part is avoiding admitting my own fault and weakness where it matters. Much as regret and embarrassment makes it harder to contact friends and family the longer it's been between our conversations, it's harder to ask for help the longer I've been digging myself a hole out of stubborn independence.

All in all, the past week and a half has taught me a lot about not letting embarrassment, regret, shame, and pride keep me from doing what is best, and I have my friends and family to thank for helping me learn that lesson.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34162 on: August 02, 2011, 02:01:40 pm »

My copy of Master of Puppets is scratched halfway through Battery. Trivial but makes me sad, that was one of the first albums I bought.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34163 on: August 02, 2011, 02:05:52 pm »

Meh, I'm the same way. I never call my close friends up anymore, we never hang out, I just flat don't make an effort. Might post on their Facebook wall or game online together once in a blue moon, but unless they're hosting a party or something, I won't bother to make an effort to see them. It irks my wife (cause many of them are mutual friends), but for some reason it just doesn't bother me that much.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34164 on: August 02, 2011, 02:14:02 pm »

The ongoing relationship issues are adding to my strrss level. I'm supposed to be doing more practical things than waste time in that, damnit
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #34165 on: August 02, 2011, 02:16:35 pm »

My copy of Master of Puppets is scratched halfway through Battery. Trivial but makes me sad, that was one of the first albums I bought.
That sucks, Battery is awesome. Wish I had an actual physical copy of the record, I really have to go out and find one some time.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34166 on: August 02, 2011, 02:18:10 pm »

Meh, I'm the same way. I never call my close friends up anymore, we never hang out, I just flat don't make an effort. Might post on their Facebook wall or game online together once in a blue moon, but unless they're hosting a party or something, I won't bother to make an effort to see them. It irks my wife (cause many of them are mutual friends), but for some reason it just doesn't bother me that much.

I have an excuse for that same problem in that one group of friends lives 2 states away and the other lives about 2 hours away. I still make the effort to go do stuff with them any time we can schedule something.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34167 on: August 02, 2011, 02:18:54 pm »

That sucks, Battery is awesome. Wish I had an actual physical copy of the record, I really have to go out and find one some time.
At least the first record I ever bought is ok. Brave New World by Iron Maiden, purchased at the end of 2007. Still pretty uspet about pasta of muppets though.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34168 on: August 02, 2011, 02:21:27 pm »

I think I'm the same way. I have a lot of past friends, but I really feel that conversations are awkward and one-sided in their favor, so I just don't like talking to people if I don't have to. Plus, I just hate Facebook, the design of it just bothers me, and I hate the way Facebook encourages you to 'advertise' yourself, your interests, and your friends. I don't like putting myself out there. I DO have a Facebook page, but I contemplate deleting it because all my highschool friends found it, and are trying to 'friend' me.

Also, I hate phones. I just do. I can't recognize the voice of my VERY BEST FRIEND over them, and it feels like I'm talking to a stranger. I hate leaving messages, and I hate calling people as well. I can't even tell you how much I hate it when people call me, it's such an interruption to whatever I'm doing at the moment, and treat it as such. The only exception is when I'm at work, where then I can treat the phone just as a part of professional business, and nothing more.

Actually, I feel offended if my past friends want to keep in contact with me. It might just be subconscious, but in a way, I've always viewed them as part of the past, and they should stay that way. They are exerting effort against the cold and unfeeling wall that is me, and I resent it in a weird way. I purposefully don't keep pictures of people or events, because I don't want to remember them. I just want to think about my present and future, my memories can be forgotten.

Now I feel really lonely. Oh, well.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34169 on: August 02, 2011, 02:43:03 pm »

Sexism, even if in not in a substantially terrible degree ticks me off a bit, but is expected for most of the peoples in my family, and I guess that's okay.
What bugs me is that someone as least bigotted in my family, my madre, not only actually agreeing with it (livable), but also yelling at me for not agreeing... Threatening to take internets away and all.
Said sexism term in question is the classic:"You're a guy, don't hit girls."
What the bloody fuck.
I even made sure to thoroughly explain that I applied equally to both genders. They made sure to thoroughly explain just because I am a male, I can't hit a female, defensively or not.
Mind that I hold terms of resorting to violence to both defensive and morally adjustable to a situation that may need it, so that is somewhat irrelevant.
Pages: 1 ... 2276 2277 [2278] 2279 2280 ... 8167