Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447737 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33900 on: July 30, 2011, 11:46:54 pm »

I'm sad because I seem to get sad for a few days out of nowhere and then happy again. Then I get sad again. This is both confusing and sad.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33901 on: July 30, 2011, 11:48:15 pm »

I'm sad because I seem to get sad for a few days out of nowhere and then happy again. Then I get sad again. This is both confusing and sad.

I have this kinda. It's somewhat lesser now but one of the tricks to this is to learn to predict it. The sad won't be as bad if you can make a cushion of happy.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33902 on: July 31, 2011, 12:08:19 am »

I feel so old and tired today.  And too young, at the same time.

I think it'll be over by tomorrow.  I'm maybe an hour, half an hour away from being done with the last piece of homework for my German course.  So close.  I have to keep trying to become stronger.

I don't know why, but I'm also starting to think seriously about dating again.  I need a circle of friends in meatspace.  Companionship.  If I keep on going the way I have been, I'm going to "lose"--and the prospect is unacceptable.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33903 on: July 31, 2011, 12:14:10 am »

I have this kinda. It's somewhat lesser now but one of the tricks to this is to learn to predict it. The sad won't be as bad if you can make a cushion of happy.

I have this problem, I learn to live in the moment when I am happy, and zone out when I am sad.
It is not just you, this happens to almost evreybody
Thank you based dwarf.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33904 on: July 31, 2011, 12:16:29 am »

My friend has been sick with a sinus infection for over 2 weeks now. She's on a 20 day supply of antibiotics, which have their own drawbacks. It has been interesting....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33905 on: July 31, 2011, 12:41:19 am »

Realizing that my two friends, who are at BASIC now, were essentially the cornerstones of my social life. I have tons of people I'm friendly with, and at parties people are always happy to see me. But at the same time nobody is like, "Hey, I'm going to invite Scaraban." It was almost always one of these two friends saying, "Hey are you going to (Someone)'s party?" "What party?"
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33906 on: July 31, 2011, 12:43:10 am »

Late to the party, but:
I sincerely hope university is going to have more "settlers" than "fun-lovers".
Anything else would be really uncomfortable.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33907 on: July 31, 2011, 12:46:13 am »

Ask away... that's why we're anonymous [...]

So I'm doing it wrong, then?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33908 on: July 31, 2011, 12:46:56 am »

Realizing that my two friends, who are at BASIC now, were essentially the cornerstones of my social life. I have tons of people I'm friendly with, and at parties people are always happy to see me. But at the same time nobody is like, "Hey, I'm going to invite Scaraban." It was almost always one of these two friends saying, "Hey are you going to (Someone)'s party?" "What party?"

That actually is completely like me. I just have two close friends. No one hangs out with me, but apparently I'm "popular" and get invited to a few parties here and there over Facebook.
Also often called Boowells.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33909 on: July 31, 2011, 12:50:55 am »

F-functionally anonymous, then.

You aren't a dude I see on the street every day, for example.  Though that would be bloody cool.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33910 on: July 31, 2011, 12:58:41 am »

My childhood dream of going into the military along with some of your closest friends was shattered when I was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome in three different spots on my heart at age 14. We were supposed to all go together.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33911 on: July 31, 2011, 01:06:33 am »

You aren't a dude I see on the street every day, for example.  Though that would be bloody cool.

Well, considering I kinda grew up in Berkeley, and will most likely visit again next year... >_>

as for sad, all this relationship talk reminds me of all the relationships I don't have.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33912 on: July 31, 2011, 01:08:56 am »

Well, considering I kinda grew up in Berkeley, and will most likely visit again next year... >_>

Am I the only one here who hasn't even been to California?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33913 on: July 31, 2011, 01:09:23 am »

Well I haven't. And I never plan to go there.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #33914 on: July 31, 2011, 01:12:16 am »

Sound crackling + game slowing have started occurring in a couple of games, including Empire Total War. Especially when there is another source of sound from another program running. So much for shelling 18th century Ottomans while listening to the Feynman lectures... :(
Pages: 1 ... 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 ... 8167